Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Pickett seems to be a perfectly fine QB. Nothing really wrong. Plays VERY safe at times, but when he forces it he forces it. But he gets to his check downs and let’s them get YAC. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

I just don’t see that as QB1. I’m not doubting he can’t have a good career though.

Pickett reminds me so much of Kyle Boller it’s scary

27 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Corral benefits by default almost.

It is a shame Corral is not playing today

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Pickett seems to be a perfectly fine QB. Nothing really wrong. Plays VERY safe at times, but when he forces it he forces it. But he gets to his check downs and let’s them get YAC. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

I just don’t see that as QB1. I’m not doubting he can’t have a good career though.

None of them look like top QB1's but I can see that potential in Howell and Willis 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

How has the LB play been? The names that I was interested in seeing today was:

Darrian Beavers

Demone Clark

Chad Muma

Channing Tindell

It is hard watching these games to keep track of DB's and LB's and I haven't seen any stats

Beavers and Muma have made a few nice plays

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

I might move up with our 2nd(or just stay at 44ish??) and take a Qb. None of these guys move the needle yet for 11.  Maybe Corral... I used to be  partial to the smaller non_blueblood sec Qbs but Ryan Mallet and Drew Lock threw a wrench in that ****. 

This is a big time risk. 

If we go into the season with Heinicke and, say, Trubisky im going to be sad as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

The people who think Trubisky is a legitimate option forgo their right to critique any quarterback. 

As a bridge he is. As an actual starter without a rookie behind him? 

May as well slap a tank on his jersey where the captain patch goes as he is the Tank Commander.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Tank-Commander-New-2.png

We’re joking but I honestly think this could be the plan if we don’t get Wilson.

If it hasn’t been such a rough spell I’d say it wouldn’t be a bad plan. But this team can’t hemorrhage more fans with another season… and I don’t know how many more of these rough seasons I can take. I know we won the division last year but… did we really win it or did we suck less than everyone else in 2020?

But I get nervous this is a boom or bust season coming up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We’re joking but I honestly think this could be the plan if we don’t get Wilson.

If it hasn’t been such a rough spell I’d say it wouldn’t be a bad plan. But this team can’t hemorrhage more fans with another season… and I don’t know how many more of these rough seasons I can take. I know we won the division last year but… did we really win it or did we suck less than everyone else in 2020?

But I get nervous this is a boom or bust season coming up.

Despite losing 100,000 man games (slight exaggeration) to injuries and COVID, we still scraped out 7 wins. With a more difficult schedule on top of those injuries...did we get lucky or do we have better parts than we think?

Are we one of those teams that no one is paying attention to because we're just so trained to suck?

I don't know the answer, they're more just questions. Ones I've definitely asked in previous off-seasons, I'm sure. 

Just now, CommanderDOOM said:

We could have Ridder,Strong,Howell or whoever at 44. Still, wont it feel like Ramsey,Campbell, Haskins??

Not sure why you’re convinced Howell would be on the board at 44. Ridder and Strong aren’t real shots. 

And no. It won’t. Ramsey got beaten to a pulp because of an awful OL. Campbell was captain check down but he’d be a vast improvement over what we have at the moment and Haskins… well… No. Not much would feel like him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not sure why you’re convinced Howell would be on the board at 44. Ridder and Strong aren’t real shots. 

And no. It won’t. Ramsey got beaten to a pulp because of an awful OL. Campbell was captain check down but he’d be a vast improvement over what we have at the moment and Haskins… well… No. Not much would feel like him.

These Qb's are bottom of the league starters imo. Not sure if any beat out Heinicke. Willis has upside, Howell and Corral are hyped for intangibles. Gonna be a tough decision to grab a qb and potentially leave a Hamilton,Stingley lber,or game-breaking wr on the board.

6 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

These Qb's are bottom of the league starters imo. Not sure if any beat out Heinicke. Willis has upside, Howell and Corral are hyped for intangibles. Gonna be a tough decision to grab a qb and potentially leave a Hamilton,Stingley lber,or game-breaking wr on the board.

Not to me.

Cant win without a QB.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Heinicke IS a bottom of the league starter, minus the upside.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

True. These dudes better than Matt Ryan?? Baker Mayfield? Jimmy  G...Mariotta..Trubisky

Won't cost #11 

Why do you think Matt Ryan is a better option? He’d cost a first, too. And a huge contract. And he won’t be available. 

Same with Mayfield.

Yes to the last three. In my opinion.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1

Not giving a 1st for Ryan. I'd give 2 1sts for Russ, Watson and 1st and 2nd for Carr. 2nd for Jimmie G.

I wouldn't hate Corral at 11. Gunshy on Willis as it looks like he needs time. Howell reminds me of Dalton....Pickett reminds me of Daniel Jones. Id be patient and not force it.

@KDawgwhat do u mean Ridder and Strong not real shots??

Edited by CommanderDOOM