Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t think any trade where you get Ryan Kerrigan could be considered a bad trade. The guy is the All-Time sack leader in our teams history.

I get the point, but I just want to defend Kerrigan once again. It’s still wild to me that people never fully appreciated how good he was.

It wasn't a disastrous trade, because Kerrigan was a good player, but it was a bad one.

Kerrigan vs Watt is like Santana Moss vs Randy Moss. One is a good player who was an important cog in the team for several years, the other is one of the best to ever play his position and was an immediate game changer whenever he was on the field. There's just no comparison.

Nobody in their right mind would take Santana over Randy and I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Kerrigan and a handful of mid round nobodies over J.J. Watt. That's why it was a bad trade. We had an elite talent available to us (and we apparently knew it since IIRC there were reports that we would have taken Watt if the trade hadn't materialized) but we decided to try and get cute and stockpile mid round picks instead.

Hopefully that won't happen to us again and our mid round guys will actually produce this time. That would be awesome. I'm just saying that it's way too soon to try and pat ourselves on the back.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Wait, what? If you are going to make a point then make it instead of a drive by. Okay. 

😆 I think I got you confused with the dude who constantly defends TH when he was categorically awful. Think he’s got a Z in his name. 

If so, I apologize. 

(If by some off chance you are that dude, then I apologize for nothing. 😂)

• Haha 3

I'm going to sit down at some point tonight and post a no-hindsight "Who I Would Have Picked" list in this thread:

I encourage everyone to make a list too, of who you would have picked at,

16 -

47 -

98 -

113 -

144 -

149 -

230 -

240 -

It's a good record to make before your recollections and takes about this draft get biased by hind-sight.

• Like 1

Just catching up with today's portion of the draft now.

4th round:

Romeo Doubs: He was definitely on my radar in the mock draft to take in the 4th round.  Good pick to round out the Packers WR position after taking Christian Watson in the 2nd, and making that Free Agency signing.

Zach Tom: I was hoping he would fall to me in the 5th of our mock draft.  He's a classic Packers 4th round OL pick, which have worked out fantastically the past decade plus.  Happy to have him here.