Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Taking a high potential QB in the 5th.  Nothing to not like about that.  Even if he is no more than a solid backup, that's well worth the pick.

Should probably look at the hit rate of non first round QBs over the last 10 years. Its beyond dreadful. 

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

If belichick was capable or willing to be transparent, I'd love to know his reasoning for zappe over Howell.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he prefers methodical, accurate QBs that move the chains rather than big-arm, athletic QBs... which is what Turner's system looks for.

• Thanks 1

5th round for Howell? Definitely will take it. As a Miami guy he always scared me more than Pickett at Pitt playing them both in the division every year.

Daniel Jeremiah said Howell had the best "3rd and 7+" tape of any QB in this draft. The plays that everyone knows is a pass and doesn't include bubble screens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, evmiii said:

The beginning of the end of the Heinicke era.

I know Ron and Martin really love them some TH as a backup.  They like his Moxy, fight, and heart.  They hate his arm and at times his decision making.

It's going to be very intriguing as to whether there is a legitimate competition for backup QB, and if Howell wins it.  

I think Howell will win the backup job in camp.  That's my bold prediction (sure to go wrong.)

Love the 5th round picks.  Howell was a steal.  Changed my attitude towards this draft.  Howell —> Brown could he fun to see.  But, here’s hoping we don’t because Wentz balls out.

Funny, talking heads were drooling over last year’s qb class.  So far it’s not looking good.  They were crapping all over the 2022 qb class, here’s hoping they’re wrong again!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1