Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah Danny Gray was definitely @Skinsinparadise’s guy. I liked him but not like SIP.

We had some people cross us up. He was bigger on Gray, I was bigger on Robinson, but we both liked both.

That's about right.  As I've been saying especially today if we missed out on the top 2.  My next three guys were Pierce, Spiller, Robinson and then IMO there was a half peg or so drop off.   But you liked Robinson the best of those three.  I liked Pierce.  But I wanted a RB who can run some gap and who was a tone setter as to physicallity.  And for that specifically IMO Pierce and Robinson really stood out.  

Yep

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Guys, Deebo Samuel is a 1of1 runner and a great receiver in this league. His balance is ridiculous. Stop comparing guys to him. Gibson isn’t in his galaxy as a pure runner and definitely not as a receiver. IIRC, he barely ran a route tree at Memphis which is why he’s rarely lined up at the pros 

He may not be Deebo but he can play the same type role as Deebo and do well at it.  He has good hands and good speed too, plus the current pounding he's taking at RB is taking a toll on him.  So some Deebo type playing will help him out and the O too and extend his career.  

2 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Not gonna be too harsh on our draft so far. Am I super excited? No, but I've been excited about past drafts and those classes don't turn out. I don't remember having any kind of reaction when we drafted McClaurin. I dig the DT's energy and we did need to address depth there, with Dotson, its easy to get stuck on the name and not the kid so just wait..

We still have 5 picks maybe more, maybe less. I think in the end we'll pull off a good draft and most of our needs will be met and I bet we get a QB too.. 

That is the most authentic and realistic take of the night. There is too much extreme views in this process when in reality only time will tell if one pick is better than another. This is gambling and Ron is sticking with his character first theme and I think we can all say it is at least somewhat expected. That is just Ron being Ron and a silmilar strategy worked for Joe Gibbs so Im giving him some leash. The heat is on Ron now and hopefully it pays off or he is toast in a year or two. I am a believer for one more year and then my faith will erode. As for the experts, if they are being honest with themselves even they will admit this is more of a crap shoot than predicting the weather simply because of the human element being a factor. I still have vivid memories of a lot of experts around here that determined DK Metcalf a bust cuz he ran a poor 3 cone even though his tape was on tilt. Attitude, character and injuries are all factors and if it were just talent being evaluated the process would be more predictable.  I really do appreciate the folks here that offer opinions to the best of their knowledge whilst remaining rational with expectations. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

“Things changed when they got Wentz”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snyder is cash broke.  BROKE.  Broke ass broke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF RR and Co. really want Sam Howell, they need to jump up to the 1st pick in the 4th round.  Just a thought.  Maybe they can trade Daron Payne for the Buc's 4th round pick (first pick in the 4th round) and get the Bucs to give them a conditional 2023 5th that can turn into a 4th.   

Edited by RWJ

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

“Things changed when they got Wentz”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snyder is cash broke.  BROKE.  Broke ass broke.

I believe this to be true. Snyder being broke. 

Are there manipulative ways to spend more than other owner with a hard cap? 

Just now, RWJ said:

IF RR and Co. really want Sam Howell, the need to jump up to the 1st pick in the 4th round.  Just a thought.  Maybe they can trade Daron Payne for the Buc's 4th round pick (first pick in the 4th round) and get the Bucs to give them a conditional 2023 5th that can turn into a 4th.   

What!? No… just no. 

Washington essentially starts 3dts per game when factoring percentage of snaps played. Need all three to produce and it goes without saying, injuries must be accounted for and expected.

Its winning time. Payne is going to be a huge contributor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Lord Jesus…why the hell are they talking like it’s 1985???

Yeah it's kind of odd because on one hand Rivera has openly talked about how he knows it's a QB and pass oriented league now (and they went out and picked up Wentz), but on the other he's still drafting and talking like they want to try and play old school ball control football still.

I’m not sure I can ever remember a player that had such a disconnect, after so many snaps, between what the average fan thinks we have versus what the player actually is—than with Antonio Gibson. The majority of Washington fans on twitter, (having made the mistake of reading the comments, I’ve already given myself 15 lashings don’t worry about it) think he is a young stud bellcow who just has a slight fumbling problem. And I know some people here are under that delusion as well. For me the fumbling isn’t even a top-3 concern I have with him. 

I just can’t remember such a stark contrast between obvious reality and fan perception before. It’s not blind homerism, it doesn’t have that energy—it’s literally just a misunderstanding of his skillset and production so far, probably because he’s been decent in fantasy football, killed the combine, and has scored a good amount of TD’s. But it’s still weird to me given the lack of benefit of the doubt the rest of the roster gets—Gibson is apparently hogging it all for these people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It’s a shame that this team missed out on what was one of the deepest drafts I can remember for off ball linebackers. Beavers, Rodriguez and Smith don’t excite me and, while Clark is worth a flyer in the 6th or 7th, he doesn’t help next season. Also missed out on a great safety class, although the FS types were gone by the rd 3 pick.

For the 2 4ths, I pray like hell Howell and Winfrey make it to our picks

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

What!? No… just no. 

Washington essentially starts 3dts per game when factoring percentage of snaps played. Need all three to produce and it goes without saying, injuries must be accounted for and expected.

Its winning time. Payne is going to be a huge contributor. 

It's up to RR and Co.  It's been suggested by NFL writers, and I am just putting it out there.  We could also trade our #113, our #230 first 7th rounder and our 2023 7th rounder.  Dude, I'm just speculating on IF they want Howell.  That's all.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it's kind of odd because on one hand Rivera has openly talked about how he knows it's a QB and pass oriented league now (and they went out and picked up Wentz), but on the other he's still drafting and talking like they want to try and play old school ball control football still.

Hopefully this weird disconnect exists because Turner wants to be able to open up his offense with Wentz, and then be able to pound teams into submission in the second half to keep the pressure off of Wentz once we’ve done some scoring, creating less high pressure situations that people perceive to be his weakness by being able to hold leads and take advantage of his hot streaks while trying to minimize his cold streaks. It’s all I can think of that melds the two ideas. 

• Like 3