2 minutes ago, Conn said:

To paraphrase:

Best at beating man coverage: Olave

Best at beating zone coverage: Dotson

Best at beating press: Olave

Best contested catch: London

Best deep threat: Williams

Best YAC: Wilson

That breakdown makes Olave seem pretty appealing. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Max Mitchell, Louisiana – a tackle prospect with experience at RT (mostly) and LT (some). A team leader and third-team Associated Press All-American .  Early projections for him was the 6th round, but now I am seeing him projected around the 90th pick.

:229:The Rook

Max did not have the greatest of showings during the Senior Bowl practices, but I personally like him quite a bit and view him as an underrated prospect. A team could be getting a quality OT and at a bargain price.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good stuff.  One typo.  You mean Logan Bruss. 

Others with position flex, some of whom i've mentioned:  Luke Goedeke, Sean Rhyan, Jamaree Salyer, Josh Ezeudu, Andrew Steuber.  As I mentioned a few days back Ezeudu is so position flex, they moved him around during the same game from guard to tackle. 

If Ron wants position flex as to guards who can interchange with playing tackle in the 3rd-5th round range, this is the draft for him

Yeah there are a lot of swing OLs this year.  I'm having trouble figuring out where to rank Goedeke, Kinnard, Steuber, Bruss, Rhyan, and Burford.  I'm pretty sure Ezeudu and Salyer are guards, but I'm not sure about the other ones.

When I read the scouts consensus that there are a very high number of "make it" guys from the middle rounds this year, I think they're primarily talking about the OL and DB classes.  I think the IOL class is probably 20 deep in good prospects and the tackle class is probably around 15 deep.  I'm thinking our fourth round pick is going to be the spot to take a pipeline OL or a DB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Williams has got to be the pick if London is off the board.

There’s a chance Williams, Wilson and London are off the board. Though I’d put it fairly low… but it could happen. And if that’s the case there may be offers to come up.

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah there are a lot of swing OLs this year.  I'm having trouble figuring out where to rank Goedeke, Kinnard, Steuber, Bruss, Rhyan, and Burford.  I'm pretty sure Ezeudu and Salyer are guards, but I'm not sure about the other ones.

When I read the scouts consensus that there are a very high number of "make it" guys from the middle rounds this year, I think they're primarily talking about the OL and DB classes.  I think the IOL class is probably 20 deep in good prospects and the tackle class is probably around 15 deep.  I'm thinking our fourth round pick is going to be the spot to take a pipeline OL or a DB.

The scouts sure as hell aren’t talking about IDL. 

OL/WR has some depth. 

I think RB is pretty shallow. It’s got 5-6 really quality prospects and a few “could be” guys. 

LB is a touch overrated as a whole but has an overall decent amount of okay players. 

I’m not sold on the safeties. A very high percentage are box guys. There aren’t many center fielder types. 

Tight ends are not great. 

QBs not great.

Edge is really good top 5, then there are 3-5 make it dudes. 

I’m intrigued by how this draft goes.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sure what this person in the tweet, who I have no idea who/what he is, is inferring. 

EB from 106.7 biggest sports talk show, the Junkies 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There’s a chance Williams, Wilson and London are off the board. Though I’d put it fairly low… but it could happen. And if that’s the case there may be offers to come up.

For who? Hamilton?

22 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think you have a bad read on London.

I meant to ask you this yesterday but how much stock do you out into film when you know the player is going against inferior talent each week?

IMO over the last 10 years the Pac 12 is a B league, that doesn't mean you cant find good players in the Pac 12 but you hear coaches and FO types talk about looking at tape but putting more value into big games that have meaning and games where the player is facing top competition on the other side of the ball.

Just curious on your thoughts specifically on London, the schedule USC played last year and the CB's he went up against.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think they are inferring that Chase’s recovery isn’t going as well as expected. 

Wasn't he just at the facility working out lifting the shed thing or whatever its called? If it weren't going as well as expected he'd probably still be completely unable to work out at all.

48 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Well if he falls to 11 you run your pick up there and lock up your LT position for the next decade. 

Yeah the Neal stuff kinda reminds me of Allen dropping in 2017 due to the shoulder and Sweat's mysterious heart condition which hasn't turned into anything.

Teams just make stuff up sometimes. If Neal is there at 11 you gotta at least strongly consider taking him(I'd still prefer Hamilton or a WR though because I think Leno/Cosmi is a fine T tandem).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Man, I used to get so hyped up for draft night.  I've barely even noticed that it is happening.  This team has worn me out.

I'm sure I'll convince myself by Sunday that we've drafted five new All-Pro's.

Come on back this is the hope part of the season.

3 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Alcohol.

A safety from Indiana!!

Wouldn't it be amazing if just out of habit four QBs were chosen in the first ten picks. It should happen. I remember reading on this board how the only player who mattered on a football team was the QB and if you didn't have a QB you had no chance.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I meant to ask you this yesterday but how much stock do you out into film when you know the player is going against inferior talent each week?

IMO over the last 10 years the Pac 12 is a B league, that doesn't mean you cant find good players in the Pac 12 but you hear coaches and FO types talk about looking at tape but putting more value into big games that have meaning and games where the player is facing top competition on the other side of the ball.

Just curious on your thoughts specifically on London, the schedule USC played last year and the CB's he went up against.

You have to watch the player and focus on what they do well technically and what they don’t. Drake London is a very smooth athlete. Almost floats in and out of his breaks. It almost looks like he’s gliding. 

The football was delivered all over the place to him and very rarely in the right place and he used his basketball background to get his hands to the ball. In some cases legit snatch it out of the air. 

I use NFL players as a baseline. I went back and watched Pittman at USC and London. London is more physical and much smoother. Pittman looks a tad faster. But in balance they look fairly similar. 

London moves like Jordan Reed.

The DBs werent always great, but he performed in every game he played.

Utah and Notre Dame being two of his biggest games against the best competition.

He runs a wide variety of routes, can run for yards and plays like a man. 

79B89312-29B0-4502-98F3-97280EC075E5.jpeg.1de493dba403ce96460b71e6527ff9de.jpeg

His worst game he went 4/68 and a TD. 

That is dominance against D1 talent. It’s not the SEC, understood. But they played some legit players and teams and he showed up when it counted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

EB from 106.7 biggest sports talk show, the Junkies 

For who? Hamilton?

I don’t know who that is still.

If three receivers go in the top ten you could have an OT, QBs, Edges and corners as well as Hamilton sitting there.