Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Bit concerning that the only LB we have met with is the one who maybe has the worst coverage ability of any of the top 5-6 LBs

Meetings in different forms, it doesn't all have to be top 30.  Very few of their top 30 meetings last year ended up being taken.   I know the point is you don't like Rivera and he's a dolt.  But I wouldn't worry about them taking a LB who isn't hot at coverage.  

https://riggosrag.com/2022/04/21/2022-nfl-draft-full-list-commanders-pre-draft-prospect-meetings/4/

Linebacker (14)

• Troy Andersen, Linebacker/Athlete, Montana State – SB, NFLC, TPD (Observation)
  • Brian Asamoah, Linebacker, Oklahoma – NFLC, TPD (IM)
  • Darrian Beavers, Linebacker, Cincinnati – NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Chance Campbell, Linebacker, Mississippi (Ole Miss) – CLD
  • Leo Chenal, Linebacker, Wisconsin – EW (IM), NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Damone Clark, Linebacker, Louisiana State (LSU) – SB (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Nakobe Dean, Linebacker, Georgia – NFLC (IM), TPD (IM), VV
  • Diego Fagot, Inside Linebacker, Navy – EW (IM), CLD
  • Christian Harris, Linebacker, Alabama – NFLC, TPD (IM)
  • D’Marco Jackson, Linebacker, Appalachian State – SB (IM), NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Devin Lloyd, Linebacker, Utah – NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Chad Muma, Linebacker, Wyoming – SB, NFLC, TPD (IM)
  • Jack Sanborn, Linebacker, Wisconsin – EW, NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  • Quay Walker, Linebacker, Georgia – NFLC (IM), TPD (IM)
  •  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

All of the ES draft gurus to Ron and the FO regarding the draft. 😆 (NSFW)

I’m hopeful we get a WR/Walker/ILB early and let the rest sort itself out. 

Love you guys. Excited for Thursday. 

You are missed.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

New Keim podcast.  As I said earlier in the draft season, as things get closer Keim tends to get more accurate.

A.  The big change.  Jameson Williams is now in play.  Before he said he wasn't.  The key is if he checks out to them physically.  For me, he's the top Wr in this class if healthy.  If they think he can play this season than i am more than intrigued, he'd be my guy. 

B.  They do like Drake London and Olave at Wr.  Sounds like Williams would go ahead of them on their board if healthy, he didn't flat out say that but being well versed on Keim speak I'd say with confidence he strongly implied that.  But if his health checks out the thought is he won't be there at 11.

C.  They don't expect the big three tackles to be available at 11 but if it happens that could be the pick.  They like all three.  But prefer Ekwonu and Neal over Cross.

D.  O line strongly in play at some point in the draft.

E.  Keim said when he picks in the ESPN draft that's done every year (on Tuesday before the draft) his confidence in getting it right is medium.  in other words, there are some moving parts that make this draft not easy for him to predict. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm not optimistic for the Washington draft results -- as these are the same people who drafted a lot of duds (Davis & Charles) last year, and I as disgusted on how they  'whistled past the graveyard' about their shortcomings at linebacker and safety during free agency. ....From every piece of film I've seen, Jamin Davis is AWFUL.

Okay, we have Wentz... but no receiving corps to support his style of passing and certainly no power RB to bail him out -- just a "sore-toed" finesse WR/RB, with a bit of a fumbling problem.  And don't tell m' that inspite of Matsko, that Washington's O-Line is better than Indy's.

Moreover, Ron wants to stick with some coaches who apparently can't develop DL, RBs, LBs and or even WRs -- and unfortunately Washington is still stuck with the old C-/D+ scouting network that Allen prevented McCloughan from overhauling. Some jobs need to be on the line for this draft and the upcoming season.

Edited by Wyvern

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

New Keim podcast.  As I said earlier in the draft season, as things get closer Keim tends to get more accurate.

A.  The big change.  Jameson Williams is now in play.  Before he said he wasn't.  The key is if he checks out to them physically.  For me, he's the top Wr in this class if healthy.  If they think he can play this season than i am more than intrigued, he'd be my guy. 

B.  They do like Drake London and Olave at Wr.  Sounds like Williams would go ahead of them on their board if healthy, he didn't flat out say that but being well versed on Keim speak I'd say with confidence he strongly implied that.  But if his health checks out the thought is he won't be there at 11.

C.  They don't expect the big three tackles to be available at 11 but if it happens that could be the pick.  They like all three.  But prefer Ekwonu and Neal over Cross.

E.  Keim said when he picks in the ESPN draft that's done every year (on Tuesday before the draft) his confidence in getting it right is medium.  in other words, there are some moving parts that make this draft not easy for him to predict. 

WOW.  Maybe Logan Paulson also had some inside info when he was gushing about Williams.  I see Williams' floor as Houston at 13.  Houston can afford to let him rehab for a long time as they are in no rush.

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

NFL Network is doing their annual live mock draft right now. We’re up. Hamilton is still on the board. London is gone.

edit: They have us taking Hamilton.

I think Hamilton is gone before we pick him but we shall see very soon.  Hopeful for London/Wilson or trade down.  

• Like 1

Williams is electric. On any other team I'd be thrilled to have him but man we just have so much bad juju with ACLs on our god forsaken field and now we're drafting a guy that literally just tore his. But he's the one WR in this class that I can see being an absolute superstar. I love Olave probably more than anyone else but his upside is nowhere near Williams.

But man I just have this dreaded feeling we'll draft him and in a month we're gonna hear words like "setback" and come preseason he'll be "out indefinitely" and it'll just be an ongoing saga of frustration while guys like London, Wilson, and Olave are racking up 1000 yard rookie seasons.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Moreover, Ron wants to stick with some coaches… Some jobs need to be on the line for this draft and the upcoming season.

Pretty much disagree with your entire post except for the quoted portion. It’s fascinating to me how long of a leash Rivera has, as a defensive minded coach with a veteran d coordinator and some talented defensive players, who has had such awful defensive play. Is his scheme unsound? Poor understanding/buy in from players? Poor coaching? It just doesn’t take this long to fix a defense and Rivera seems to continuously get a pass. It seems like he has some real zeros on his staff (d line coordinator) and he is way too loyal to them.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Williams is electric. On any other team I'd be thrilled to have him but man we just have so much bad juju with ACLs on our god forsaken field and now we're drafting a guy that literally just tore his. But he's the one WR in this class that I can see being an absolute superstar. I love Olave probably more than anyone else but his upside is nowhere near Williams.

But man I just have this dreaded feeling we'll draft him and in a month we're gonna hear words like "setback" and come preseason he'll be "out indefinitely" and it'll just be an ongoing saga of frustration while guys like London, Wilson, and Olave are racking up 1000 yard rookie seasons.

With you and thought that.  Commanders need to make the smart move and let a big name fall to them and get a haul of draft picks and if they have put in hard work let it play out by drafting players that will make a true difference on this team.  We have a good scouting department and hopefully the F.O., especially RR can work and listen through what he is being told by them and make the right selections.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thank you SIP! STANDING pod just came out, keep doing great work ;)

• Like 2

Thing that concerns me about Jameson Williams is that he had one big season before his injury.  He came from a team that had all kind of talent on O and D.  Let me see a player with talent that doesn't have talent like that across the board putting up numbers like that and I understand.  Yes, I know that OSU had both Wilson and Olave but Alabama always has another WR elite to put in because they win and everyone wants to play for them.  Is it Bryce Young that makes these WR look so good and the Oline that Young has or is it the WRs.  It could be both.  I do like the fact that RR considers leadership and players that love the game more than anything when he picks these players.  That's a huge statement.  Not saying that Williams won't be all that but something to consider.  

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I forgot about his visit, good call.  He's interesting because he is a 4 technique for their three man front, and I could see him getting bigger and rotating between end and IDL in the NFL.

They brought in Logan Hall too I think, and he might have some versatility to play end as well.  Winfrey is the other guy I remember them bringing in, and he is a natural three tech but he has the speed and range to play some end as well.

Seems like they want a tweener DL to play 3, 4 and 5 technique and were targeting guys with second round projections.  Winfrey could also be good as a 1 tech penetrator on passing downs.  Even met with Travon Walker I thinj, who flexes between an edge role and more of a 4 technique role.  But we didn't really bring in any guys who are pure wide edges like Bonitto or Jermaine Johnson or Mayfe as far as I know.  That tells me they're not looking for competition or depth for Montez and Chase.

Edit:  I notice they're also not bringing in any traditional noses like Jordan Davis or Travis Jones or Phidarian Mathis.  That's actually a surprising vote of confidence in Daron given his contract situation.  That tells me they are pretty confident they're going to get an extension worked out with him.

From my understanding we interviewed Myjai Sanders. He was on a Street Scores video breaking down all prospects and when/where we interviewed/visited.

I've sang his praises multiple times in this thread and think he could be a star in the making with some development.

Edit: that Riggos Rag article is the most detailed visits/interview list I've seen to date. Super excited to see both Christian Watson and Leo Chenal had multiple visits/interviews.

Edited by Forever A Redskin

28 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

From my understanding we interviewed Myjai Sanders. He was on a Street Scores video breaking down all prospects and when/where we interviewed/visited.

I've sang his praises multiple times in this thread and think he could be a star in the making with some development.

I'd find it odd as we have Toney and think RR's curiosity rest with ILB Beavers more so than their EDGE Saunder.  :)  

47 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Edit: that Riggos Rag article is the most detailed visits/interview list I've seen to date. Super excited to see both Christian Watson and Leo Chenal had multiple visits/interviews.

Are you still on the trade down train, FAR?

57 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thing that concerns me about Jameson Williams is that he had one big season before his injury.  He came from a team that had all kind of talent on O and D.  Let me see a player with talent that doesn't have talent like that across the board putting up numbers like that and I understand.  Yes, I know that OSU had both Wilson and Olave but Alabama always has another WR elite to put in because they win and everyone wants to play for them.  Is it Bryce Young that makes these WR look so good and the Oline that Young has or is it the WRs.  It could be both.  I do like the fact that RR considers leadership and players that love the game more than anything when he picks these players.  That's a huge statement.  Not saying that Williams won't be all that but something to consider.  

Waddle looked good. Jeudy surprisingly hasn't done as well as j thought