Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Because he’s too slow to play in the NFL. The 40 should measure his speed which he doesn’t have.  That’s been his red flag prior to the injury. He’s conveniently skipping it because his 4.8 or 4.9 speed would make him a day 2 pick.  He absolutely has been working on it and delayed his pro day and was still so embarrassingly slow that he skipped all together. He’s probably running at a slower speed than Trent Williams. Trent ran a 4.81. London is slower than that. If he wasn’t, he would have ran.

Are you a troll?? 4.9??? This is laughable. Again, there are verifiable speed numbers for him. 21mph. Almost as importantly, you can simply watch him play football and see he is not a 4.8+ guy lol. I struggle to believe this is real. 

I think it’s completely fine to not like him at 11 (or at all). It’s completely fine to have questions about his speed even if I disagree big time. But 4.8-4.9?? You’ve overplayed your hand. It’s silly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SF93, SoCalSkins probably watches a lot of USC football games and knows London better than a lot of people on this forum.  It may not be so much him having a vendetta against him.  Maybe he knows him better than most since he might live out in California.  Just a thought.  :)  

Those who want to laugh, laugh.  Just making a point.  London may be ROY.  He also may be a bust but the same can be said about any high round pick in the 1st.  I'm just making a point when I replied to SF93.  Que Sera Sera!

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Everyone can have their opinion and London could be a bust. To me, he compares to Mike Evans who ran a 4.5 40 and is a legit 6’5. 

Bottom line our receivers are 6 foot or under except Cam. It would be nice to have someone his height especially since Wentz likes throwing to tall wideouts. Alshon, Pittman were all 6’2 and taller. Hell even Travis Fulgham thrived under Wentz while in Philly and he’s 6’2. 

Tell me, SF93.  Does this guy play faster than 4.5 40 and is he a complete player.  Also, he's 6'3" 225 lbs. Just curious to your opinion.  If you've watched him, then let me know.  :) 

Edited by RWJ

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Are you a troll?? 4.9??? This is laughable. Again, there are verifiable speed numbers for him. 21mph. Almost as importantly, you can simply watch him play football and see he is not a 4.8+ guy lol. I struggle to believe this is real. 

I think it’s completely fine to not like him at 11 (or at all). It’s completely fine to have questions about his speed even if I disagree big time. But 4.8-4.9?? You’ve overplayed your hand. It’s silly. 

I wouldn’t say he’s a troll. But he picks his moments. He sees a guy that’s getting momentum that he doesn’t like, reads what people are saying and then forms a counter argument to try to sway the opinion to be in line with his.

He’s good at it. Smart guy. Understands football. But he knows those things that he says will garner a reaction. 

And then he knows that one of the people countering him will generally make an ass out of themselves and more will go his way on the point.

But when he doesn’t have bias in his takes he’s actually a really intelligent guy.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Tell me, SF93.  Does this guy play faster than 4.5 40 and is he a complete player.  Just curious to your opinion.  If you've watched him, then let me know.  :) 

How fast is Keenan Allen?

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Yes, because we've picked our best players in mid rounds. Terry, Gibson, Curl, etc.

Except I'm not sure the talent evaluators who made those picks are still here. (They might be. I'm not sure. I know we got rid of Smith. I'm not sure who was really responsible for evaluating the talent and setting the board.)

In the abstract, I love the idea of a trade down, especially if we are thinking wide receiver. I just don't know whether we should trust our front office to trade down.

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

If he was sub 4.8 he would have ran like he planned to when he delayed his pro day. Then decided not to run. The dude is not fast. He might seem quick on highlights in specific situations. But go watch his games. Something I’m pretty certain you have not. He’s not fast.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Geez yesterday it was Hamilton hating day. Today is London apparently. Drake London isnt a burner. That is not his game. But he is far from slow.  He is a huge target with an unbelievable catch radius and hands made of Jello. We have burners on our team. We dont have what London would give us. 

• Thumb up 1

London his questionable speed and did not run his 40. He had a broken ankle this year and has not played more then 8 games in a season. He is tall not particularly big.  I think he sounds like he could be potentialy an injury concern. It is difficult to make the catches he made in college in the NFL.  

Edited by Redskins 2021

21 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Say a Burks and slot type receiver later like Khalil Shakir.

Right now probably Shakir who I hit hard yesterday and Danny Gray are my favorite of the mid round types.  Shakir might go earlier than that though.  

As far as slot WRs go, I just watched a little Kyle Phillips.  Another Adam Humphries?   Really solid, good hands.  Doesn't blow me away but not bad.  I am not interested enough though to do a full take on him.

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Tell me, SF93.  Does this guy play faster than 4.5 40 and is he a complete player.  Also, he's 6'3" 225 lbs. Just curious to your opinion.  If you've watched him, then let me know.  :) 

I have watched him play live and in his highlight reels. Yes he’s not Tyreek Hill but that’s not his game.  Is 40 time the only determinant of whether he is gonna be a bust.  Remember Anquan Boldin? He ran a 4.7 but had a pretty darn good career. Sure he wasn’t a top 11 pick but he used his other measurables like his physicality to win. 

Im just saying Londons 40 time shouldn’t mean he may not be the best receiver in this draft. 

• Thanks 1

Judging by other drafts, all this talk about Drake positive and negative is making me feel its more likely going down.  It feels like the dudes who bring out emotion especially as the draft aproaches-- positive and negative often end up being the guy we end up taking.  So both sides might be speaking this into existance. 😀

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2021-04-06/usc-football-drake-london-missing-basketball

“Aside from just his playing experience, he brings an energy,” Colbert said. “Everybody loves him on the team and in the room. He’s a vet, man.”

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 7.18.14 PM.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by other drafts, all this talk about Drake positive and negative is making me feel its more likely going down.  It feels like the dudes who bring out emotion especially as the draft aproaches-- positive and negative often end up being the guy we end up taking.  So both sides might be speaking this into existance. 😀

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2021-04-06/usc-football-drake-london-missing-basketball

“Aside from just his playing experience, he brings an energy,” Colbert said. “Everybody loves him on the team and in the room. He’s a vet, man.”

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 7.18.14 PM.png

They said all of that about OJ Simpson too. 

To be fair at least OJ was fast so you might overlook some of his other issues. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll give you this, @Skinsinparadise @KDawg and all the others that want London at #11 he is either taken before our pick, at our pick or traded at #11.  One of the three. I think most of you will agree. 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Here's what you got with no trades and drafting London @KDawg  Tell me if you like this mock.

pff_mock_results (13).png

It’s better only because of the first three picks. Don’t like Coan, meh on Hawkins. Deese I’ll need to watch.

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

London:

"He is not a willing blocker"

giphy.gif

"He has no hands or power"

WR_Drake_London_rips_ball_away_from_S_Aashari_Crosswell.gif

giphy.gif

"Doesnt run crisp routes"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"Lacks athleticism"

drake-london-usc.gif

CF48A461-C393-4C2B-9F08-858ABBD0B186.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

88187AED-E475-44E1-8C63-954CC6B7F2CF.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

Gimme a break. 

That guy looks like he runs a slow 40. 

• Haha 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Here's what you got with no trades and drafting London @KDawg  Tell me if you like this mock.

pff_mock_results (13).png

Two starters and a bunch of question mark, depth type players. Allgeier would be a decent short yardage back. Deese and Coan have so-so upside. Don't like Hawkins. I wouldn't hate it, the only pick I really love is Muma but trading back is so much more sexy

• Like 1

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

Two starters and a bunch of question mark, depth type players. Allgeier would be a decent short yardage back. Deese and Coan have so-so upside. Don't like Hawkins. I wouldn't hate it, the only pick I really love is Muma but trading back is so much more sexy

Heres where I will agree - somewhat, anyways - if you can trade back and garner a haul that offsets the loss of Wilson, London, Lloyd and Hamilton… than trading back is a far better option.

To do that you’d need to get a high end RB (Walker, Hall) a good receiver (Austin, Jones, MAYBE Watson despite my reservations) and a TE (Ferguson).

Or, receiver, Brian Robinson type back and Dax Hill or someone of that ilk. 

I don’t think a trade back would bet us the haul to offset what we lose at 11. But at this point the piece I want most is Kenneth Walker.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'm starting to waver a bit on Hamilton as well. Not because I don't think he's a great player, but because I think we'd gain more RoI from a WR. I don't think people realize just how bad our WR corps has been the last couple years outside of McLaurin. 

Chargers would be a good trade partner for us but its a bit of a drop from 11 to 17. Might lose out on the top WRs.

There’s also the cap management piece. WRs got very expensive this off-season, possibly top 4 in cost. Getting a cost controlled WR for five years is carrying more and more value. Safeties and LBs are simply far cheaper in draft capital and free agent monies to acquire.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

London:

"He is not a willing blocker"

giphy.gif

"He has no hands or power"

WR_Drake_London_rips_ball_away_from_S_Aashari_Crosswell.gif

giphy.gif

"Doesnt run crisp routes"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"Lacks athleticism"

drake-london-usc.gif

CF48A461-C393-4C2B-9F08-858ABBD0B186.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

88187AED-E475-44E1-8C63-954CC6B7F2CF.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

Gimme a break. 

Anyone can make a player look great with a few highlights. London is not fast. 

• Haha 1