Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Massage therapists sue Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson; he calls allegations 'baseless'

Taylor 36

Honestly I dont think its that odd to solicit over Instagram. I have a buddy who basically ran his sports massage business through Instagram and word of mouth; working on a couple NBA players that would underpay him until he landed Dwight and then he moved with him to LA to be his guy full time and opened a shop there. And one of the things he told me was that many of these dudes really only wanted to be worked on by women cause otherwise it was kinda gay. I know how dumb that sounds but thats what they told him. And that he ended up with Dwight Howard who is reportedly more open to stuff like that....i dunno. I dont wanna say it confirms anything but it is a thing I noticed. 

I say all that not to defend Watson btw. Just adding what little personal anecdotes I have to the pot. 

I do think having so many people work on you is off though. Guys who rely on their body for a living usually dont take chances with randoms. Like at all. 

I hate being that guy because I don't have a clue as to what really went down, but the first plantiff spoke today and literally everything she said and did felt so contrived and fake. Everything she said felt so rehearsed and it was all nothing but quotable cliches ("I won't let him take my power away", "I was afraid. I'm not afraid anymore"). Perhaps my opinions of the entire case is clouded by my opinions of Buzbee but this whole thing is just a mess. At the end of the day this event proves that there are ****ty people in this world.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:53 PM, Califan007 said:

My takeaway: how many ****ing massages does this guy get? lol...

Well, before all this started, the narrative about him, was that he was a great QB who was stuck on a really bad team.

So, due to the lack of talent around him, I imagine he got hit a lot harder, and a lot more often, than the average QB. So I guess I can easily visualize him keeping massage therapists busy.

Unfortunately, I can also visualize him doing something terrible like this. Not because he showed signs. But because none of us really know a public figure that well, no matter how nice he appears on the outside. A lot of people are the opposite of what they appear to be. Not saying he's guilty or not guilty. But that neither verdict would really surprise me.

So....I'm reading through this and just laughing...not at the content....because if he did it...he needs to be prosecuted...if he didn't do it, the accusers should be prosecuted.

I'm laughing because when this same type of topic came up for other people, I took the wait and see argument and was called a woman hater by some in here....and I think some of them have now took my argument of wait and see...I applaude you all for that...just hope you remember that next time someone you don't like is accused... ;)

I never assume a person is guilty but the amount of women is alarming and now his lawyer trying to water it down by saying “consensual” activity/sex did take place. Seems more and more likely that he did cross the line in a major way.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe goes in another thread, but now Aaron Donald joins the list of current, popular NFL players, mired in major legal accusations or charges

Yep. Apparently some dude bumped into him by mistake, and Donald decided the best course of action was to beat him up. What an awful guy. Alcohol was involved, I’m sure 

17 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Apparently some dude bumped into him by mistake, and Donald decided the best course of action was to beat him up. What an awful guy. Alcohol was involved, I’m sure 

Do we know the plaintiff didn't get into it with Aaron? I'm not defending what Aaron did but there is probably more to this story. ESPN reported that after he bumped into Aaron an "incident ensued and both parties were asked to leave." Doesn't sound like the guy simply apologized and Aaron sucker punched him. Sounds more like they were jawing at each other and were asked to take the fight outside. I don't know about you but I would never pick a fight with Aaron Donald. 

• 4 weeks later...

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports a member of Tony Buzbee’s legal team has approached Deshaun Watson to discuss "working things out."

It's the first signs of a potential settlement for Watson. The plaintiff side initiating talks also suggests there's some level of concern about the case. With training camp two months away, Watson should be motivated to settle, though his playing status will be subject to an NFL investigation. The NFL has interviewed four of the 22 women with lawsuits against Watson. Even if his legal issues are resolved, Watson is likely to be suspended for some or all of 2021

23 hours ago, redskindan07 said:

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports a member of Tony Buzbee’s legal team has approached Deshaun Watson to discuss "working things out."

It's the first signs of a potential settlement for Watson. The plaintiff side initiating talks also suggests there's some level of concern about the case. With training camp two months away, Watson should be motivated to settle, though his playing status will be subject to an NFL investigation. The NFL has interviewed four of the 22 women with lawsuits against Watson. Even if his legal issues are resolved, Watson is likely to be suspended for some or all of 2021

Link?

Archived