Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

My hardest decision of the draft was between Kendall Milton and Schrader.  Brian said Milton, guy said Schrader, and brain ended up winning.  I picked Milton because of size, age, mileage, and measurables.  Kind of hard not to fixate the disparity in RAS between the two.  Schrader's film is so good though, that it made up the gap.

I was also collecting All Americans.  I got three on defense and wanted to get one on offense, so almost picked Schrader because of that.

A lot of places have like a ~fifth round ranking or better on Schrader, including PFF and Zierlein, so I'm confident he gets drafted.  But I suspect it'll be in the seventh round, maybe someone like San Francisco or a Shanny tree offense where one cut decisiveness and vision are the premium skills.  I could see him being someone's Alfred Morris.  But he won't have a long career and might not get to a second contract.  The league does running backs dirty.

I think Nelson Caesar did get drafted SIP.  It was way later than expected, but someone grabbed him in major bargain range.  If we score our drafts by value relative to where these guys actually get taken, that person is probably getting like 50+ points off of that one pick alone.

Actually you are right about Ceaser, in the 6th.

Someone cued me to Schrader on the draft thread months ago and I liekd him back then but I need to refresh.  Somehow I thought he was alreadty drafted.

But I fell regardless for Vidal.  i spent a lot of time on him.  I explained when i picked him.  I'll hit a post on him on the draft thread soon.  And I'll rewatch Schrader.  I haven't watched Milton yet but will do so.

Buffalo Bills draft recap.  We started prior to the Diggs trade so I would've probably addressed WR in round one.  I was hoping one of Cooper DeJean, Brian Thomas, or JPJ was going to fall.

1.  Graham Barton OL Duke.  We'll probably play him at an interior position initially.

2.  Beau Brade S Maryland.  I felt I reached here, but had to address the safety position.

4.  Xavier Worthy WR Colorado.  This was the first post Diggs pick so I wanted to address the position here.

4.  Kalen King CB Penn State.  Prior to this season he was being talked about as a first rounder so I'm betting on a return to form.

5.  Xavier Thomas DE Clemson.  A former 5 star recruit, so betting on skill and Von Miller's tutelage.

5.  Cornelius Johnson WR Michigan.  Again trying to get as many wide out options as we can.

6.  Javion Cohen OL Miami.  Again trying to solidify the interior OL.

6.  Qwan'tez Stiggers CB, CFL.  Betting big on upside.

6.  Kristian Boyd DT Northern Iowa.  Looking to get another run stuffer.

7.  Taulia Tagovailoa QB Maryland.  Purely looking for a backup to Josh and publicity for the Tagovailoa bowl.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

image.png.c54b3f6985a4374cb8a0d6eb694c2b0f.png

This concludes the Ravens, Raiders and Titans 2024 drafts. Someone should be paying me a lot of money to fix these teams :)

Raiders draft is really nice imo. Nix is underrated and so is Green. I would love to see Green in a Commanders uniform. 

• Thumb up 2

Well so much for my freaking first round pick of Laiatu Latu.  The Jags just extended Josh Allen on a five year, 30 million per year deal.  Third biggest contract for a defensive player in the league.

I'm guessing between him and former #1 overall pick Travon Walker, they won't be drafting edge this year.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Well so much for my freaking first round pick of Laiatu Latu.  The Jags just extended Josh Allen on a five year, 30 million per year deal.  Third biggest contract for a defensive player in the league.

I'm guessing between him and former #1 overall pick Travon Walker, they won't be drafting edge this year.

I wouldnt worry about Latu not going in the first round. He is still my number one edge. I took Verse over him simply because I think he is a better fit opposite Sweat in Chicago. 

My UDFA targets after this draft:

Jase Mclellan   RB  Alabama

Jaxon Janke  WR South Dakota St.

Charles Turner  C LSU

Isaac Rex  TE  BYU

Marcellas Dial  CB  South Carolina

JD Bertrand  LB  Notre Dame

Eric Watts   DE   Uconn

Keith Randolph   DT  Illinois

Beanie Bishop  CB  WVU

Jamree Krohmah   DT  JMU

Steele Chambers  LB  OSU

Carson Steele  RB  UCLA

• Like 3

Thank you to @COWBOY-KILLA- @goskins10 @Chump Bailey for all the time you guys put in to help it run smoothly.  Thanks to all for another fun year, especially those who did some nice write ups. I like learning about the late rounders I've never heard of.

Broncos draft picks

1.12 TE Brock Bowers, Georgia 

3.76 C Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia

4.121 CB Caelen Carson, Wake Forest

5.136 DL Leonard Taylor, Miami FL

5.145 RB Bucky Irving, Oregon

5.147 LB/S James Williams, Miami FL

6.203 OT Julian Pearl, Illinois

6.207 Edge Braiden McGregor, Michigan 

Bucs draft picks

2.34 CB Ennis Rakestraw, Mizzou 

2.57 TE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas

3.68 S Javon Bullard, Georgia 

3.89 WR Johnny Wilson, Florida St

3.92 G Zak Zinter, Michigan

4.125 Edge Gabriel Murphy, UCLA

6.220 DL Fabien Lovett, Florida St

7.246 OT LaDarius Henderson, Michigan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Washington Commanders 2024 Draft:

1. Drake May QB 6'4 230lbs. UNC

2. Ladd McConkey WR 6'0 185 lbs Georgia

3. Kingsley Suamataia OT 6'6 324lbs. BYU (Future Left Tackle)

4. Christian Haynes OG 6'2 315lbs. Connecticut (Future Left Guard)

5. Max Melton CB 5'11 190 lbs Rutgers (primary replacement for Fuller, good all around mature game)

6. Austin Booker Edge 6'6 245lbs Kansas (Exciting pass rusher with juice)

7. Sataoma Laumea OG 6'4 315lbs  Utah (Will compete with Haynes for LG and be primary G backup)

8. Walter Rouse  OT 6'6 325lbs Oklahoma (Will be the primary future swing tackle and primary LT backup)

9. Jaheim Bell TE 6'3 240lbs FSU (can move and catch the ball)

10. Miles Harden CB 6'0 201lbs S. Dakota (dude is tough as heck, hits hard, and will be tough to cut.)

11. Garrett Greenfield OT 6'7 325lbs South Dakota St. (possible RT in development)

Adam Peters and the Scouts believe they now have the pieces for a completely retooled young and beastly Oline of the future.

7 picks for the O that can grow with Drake Maye.  We are stoked with our new pieces.

Thanks to everyone who participated plus the dudes @goskins10 and @Chump Bailey keeping us moving smoothly...

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On 4/10/2024 at 1:16 PM, Going Commando said:

Same here. Seattle just signed Laken Tomlinson to fill their void at LG. No chance they take Fontanu now. Good news is this may push one of the tackles to our picks at 36/40.

Good chance their pick now is actually Latu. Will be BPA or a trade down.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:36 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

5. Max Melton CB 5'11 190 lbs Rutgers (primary replacement for Fuller, good all around mature game)

7. Sataoma Laumea OG 6'4 315lbs  Utah (Will compete with Haynes for LG and be primary G backup)

8. Walter Rouse  OT 6'6 325lbs Oklahoma (Will be the primary future swing tackle and primary LT backup)

10. Miles Harden CB 6'0 201lbs S. Dakota (dude is tough as heck, hits hard, and will be tough to cut.)

11. Garrett Greenfield OT 6'7 325lbs South Dakota St. (possible RT in development)

Adam Peters and the Scouts believe they now have the pieces for a completely retooled young and beastly Oline of the future.

7 picks for the O that can grow with Drake Maye.  We are stoked with our new pieces.

Thanks to everyone who participated plus the dudes @goskins10 and @Chump Bailey keeping us moving smoothly...

This is really a sweet draft haul here CK. I would love for the real thing to mirror this or be even better. We'd be looking solid across the board. Thanks for ya'll's hard work on this. It's a far cry from mocking against the AI programs. The personal touch by each GM doing in-depth research for their teams makes it much more valuable.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Well ****.  I was just giving my draft a vanity once-over and seeing if there were any new thoughts from pundits on my sleeper picks, and I saw that my final pick of the draft--AJ Simon--died today.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/aj-simon-dies-at-25-2024-nfl-draft-prospect-was-a-standout-dl-at-the-university-of-albany/

This is horrific. God bless his family. 

Finally getting a minute to recap the LA Rams draft. 

The Picks

1 (19). DT Byron Murphy, Texas

2 (52). DE Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan

3 (83). LB Cedric Gray, North Carolina

3 (99). RB Blake Corum, Michigan

5 (154). WR Tahj Washington, Southern Cal

5 (155). DB Jaylin Simpson, Auburn

6 (196). TE Tip Reiman, Illinois

6 (209). CB M.J. Devonshire, Pittsburgh

6 (213). LB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State

6 (217). OT Frank Crum, Wyoming

7 (254). OL Giovanni Manu, British Columbia

My Thoughts

• Initially, I was very disappointed to see Latu go ahead of my pick at 19. Would have liked to keep the UCLA kid at home
  • It actually worked out fine, because I probably like the Murphy/Kneeland combo better than Latu/2nd round DT.
  • Would have moved up for Penix if he had fallen much further. Did not see the Panthers as a threat to take him there.
  • If I had one do-over, I probably would have taken Jonathan Brooks over Cedric Gray at 83. I love Corum in that offense, but Brooks is a stud.
  • Tahj Washington was my favorite Day 3 pick. Run routes, YAC, block — Sean McVay will make you famous.
  • Big picture, I thought it was eye-opening looking at the LAR roster. There are genuine gaping holes in that depth chart, yet they’re a legitimate NFC contender. It’s a credit to McVay, but also a reminder that you don’t have to fill out all 22 positions with high-end starters to be a good team. Stars in the right places can take you a long way.
Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Finally getting a minute to recap the LA Rams draft. 

The Picks

1 (19). DT Byron Murphy, Texas

2 (52). DE Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan

3 (83). LB Cedric Gray, North Carolina

3 (99). RB Blake Corum, Michigan

5 (154). WR Tahj Washington, Southern Cal

5 (155). DB Jaylin Simpson, Auburn

6 (196). TE Tip Reiman, Illinois

6 (209). CB M.J. Devonshire, Pittsburgh

6 (213). LB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State

6 (217). OT Frank Crum, Wyoming

7 (254). OL Giovanni Manu, British Columbia

My Thoughts

• Initially, I was very disappointed to see Latu go ahead of my pick at 19. Would have liked to keep the UCLA kid at home
  • It actually worked out fine, because I probably like the Murphy/Kneeland combo better than Latu/2nd round DT.
  • Would have moved up for Penix if he had fallen much further. Did not see the Panthers as a threat to take him there.
  • If I had one do-over, I probably would have taken Jonathan Brooks over Cedric Gray at 83. I love Corum in that offense, but Brooks is a stud.
  • Tahj Washington was my favorite Day 3 pick. Run routes, YAC, block — Sean McVay will make you famous.
  • Big picture, I thought it was eye-opening looking at the LAR roster. There are genuine gaping holes in that depth chart, yet they’re a legitimate NFC contender. It’s a credit to McVay, but also a reminder that you don’t have to fill out all 22 positions with high-end starters to be a good team. Stars in the right places can take you a long way.

I thought you had a very good draft, although I had my sights on Murphy at 21.:806:  Manu was a good pull.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know where I could find past mock draft results? I know we use the same thread and delete the old results off the first post and replace it with the current draft, but I didn't know if the old ones were archived somewhere. I searched ES GM's Mock Draft and only found the current year's results. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Does anyone know where I could find past mock draft results? I know we use the same thread and delete the old results off the first post and replace it with the current draft, but I didn't know if the old ones were archived somewhere. I searched ES GM's Mock Draft and only found the current year's results. Thank you!

I would love to see them too. If you find them, please come back to this thread and make a post. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:36 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I would be so content if this were to actually happen!