Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

image.png.d1c186c8582816954370d5625608b67a.png

Seahawks draft. And I’ll add this note for our team… a good chunk of Seattle fans think they will trade down to add more draft capital. And it would fit Schneider’s style. If Adam peters is looking to move up to 16, the Seahawks would likely be open for business.

1- Troy Fontanu 0T Washington

3- Junior Colson ILB Michigan

4- Jerod Wiley TE TCU

4- Maason Smith DT LSU

5- Tanor Bortolini C Wisconsin

7- Joe Milton, QB, Tennessee

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

To close out the Rams draft, the goal is pure upside. The scouts have canvassed the globe and finally, in the great white North, they have unearthed the rough gem that the coaching staff will polish into the next Jordan Mailata.

To say he is a monstrous man is selling him a bit short. He measures over 6’7 and 352 pounds, with arms checking in at 35.5” and hands that presumably could palm Mercury. Somehow this leviathan burned up the 40 yard dash in 4.96 seconds at his recent pro day, in addition to a 33.5” vertical (at, once again, 352 pounds). 

He is a former basketball player who only came to football about 4-5 years ago, but he is undoubtedly one of the most remarkable and dominating athletes on the planet. We will all wait to see what he becomes.

With the 254th pick, the Los Angeles Rams select Giovanni Manu, OT, University of British Columbia

IMG_3285.webp

I believe that puts @KDawg on the clock!

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the 255th pick of the draft, the Packers select:
AJ Simon, EDGE, Albany
1200x0.jpg
Who? Small school prospect here, but a highly productive edge-rusher.  His lack of height will be why he's available on day 3 of the draft, but he's fast, strong, and has a bevy of pass-rush moves in his toolbox.  Standing only 6'1", he's built pretty thick at 265 pounds.  At his pro day, he ran a 4.64s 40 showing off his speed, and put up 34 reps on the bench press.  His 12.5 sacks last season was--I believe--the most in college football.  He'll bull-rush through tackles, run around them, rip and tear until it is done.  Obviously he's not in one of the top schools playing against the top talent, but he dominated the FCS.  He's such a sleeper prospect it's hard to even find anything on him, but I think NFL scouts will find his tape and take a shot on him on day 3.  Perhaps as early as the 5th round that will leave the pundits scratching their heads while they figure out who he is.

• Like 3

with the 256 pick in the draft the Jets take Michael Barrett, LB from Michigan

With the 257 pick, Mr. Irrelevant, deserves a parade.  Dominique Hampton, safety from Washington.  One of my fav watches today as i was combing through players

• Like 5

Below is the final Arizona draft. Very happy with this draft. Trade out of #4 picking up a 3rd 1st rd pick. Then trade back up from #11 only using a 3rd and late 6th to end up with Malik Nabors. Really never say that happening. Was almost tempted to take Nabors for Atlanta at #8 but really they need help on the DLine so much more than a WR. But I had to think about it. 

At Pick #23 we selected Chop Robinson, a very athletically elite edge rusher, another major need. With some coaching he could become a very disruptive force on the AZ dline. Our 2nd yr DC need some athletes and Chop fits that bill. I honestly really wanted to get a CB at #27. But the ones I wanted at #27 were off the board (looked I was going to drink some kool-aid until the pack stepped in.) I ended up gonig interior line. Our C is a free agent at the end of 2024. And even though the line play has been really good overall, to date the Cardinals have not signed him to any kind of extension meaning it's either find a replacement or potentially franchise tag him as even interior lineman are getting expenive. His backup is on a 1 yr deal and Jon Gaines drafted last yr in the 4th did not impress enough to not be concerned about depth here. With 3 1st rd picks I took the opportunity to go strength and look forward. Jackson Powers-Johnson   This says it all much better than I could :  “He’s tough, smart and strong. I just don’t overthink it with centers. When you get those elements, you usually have a starter.” - NFC scouting directo    r He will at the very least provide very strong depth. How many Cs did Washington start the last 2 yrs? And could end up replacing Hjalte after this year. 

I got my secondary some help in the 2nd and 3rd rd with some nice players. Much of the rest was depth with what we felt was high potential. The sleeper in this draft could be WIll Shipley. After James Conner there is not much depth <400 yds and 2TD and less than 30 receptions. Will could push for RB 2 early and could play STs. We really like his potential. 

Overall very happy with this draft. 

Been lot's of fun again! I really enjoy this time of year! This group was amazing! We got done quickly! Very nice job of everyone keeping up and making thier picks in a timely manner.

Special thanks to @COWBOY-KILLA- for keeping up the OP and doing the dirty work to make this draft happen! And he did a great job drafting for the Commanders (wait I think he just drafted another Oline...)  @Chump Bailey deserves an honorable mention also for keeping this thing going!  

I am constantly amazing at the depth of knowledge you all have. This year I had more guys I wanted taken from me. I see that as I sign I am catching up a little but man you all are just so well prepared! A job truly well done!!  

image.png.8ec681deed229e6091d73898e0444fdb.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

With the Packers draft finally concluded, here's a recap:

Coming into the draft, the Packers didn't have a whole lot of glaring needs.  Safety and Linebacker were the greatest need.  There's nobody to play opposite the newly poached Xavier McKinney, and transitioning to a 4-3 defense, they don't have a 3rd starting LB to play alongside Quay Walker and Isaiah McDuffie.  Beyond that, there are a few positions that could use some buffing up that I picked based on value.

After trading away Rasul Douglas, and Eric Stokes being injured all season, it made sense to add to the CB room for insurance.

O-Line needed to add some depth and competition after letting 3 former starters go in the off season (David Bakhtiari, Yosh Nijman, and Jon Runyan Jr), so it was important to pick up two or three guys here to compete, there are no real holes in the starting line in desperate need of plugging, but competition at LT, C, and RG would be nice.

Not critical, but edge rusher could use an extra body with Kingsley Enagbare ending the season with an ACL tear.  Still have 3 solid rushers between Smith, Gary, and Van Ness, though.

And at RB, for some reason the Packers thought it better to cut Aaron Jones and take on $12 mill in dead cap space and sign Josh Jacobs to another $12 mil/year.  Assuming he returns to form, that's the top RB position filled.  A.J. Dillon had a bad year and was re-signed to a 1-year deal.  UDFA Emanuel Wilson didn't see much playing time, but looked promising in preseason.  Could use another back to potentially replace Dillon, but hopefully not needed to be a bell-cow with the Jacobs signing.

So needs: S, LB, OL, CB, RB, EDGE

Results:

Safety value wasn't there until I picked in the 3rd, and I feel I got pretty lucky to snag one of the better safeties in Cole Bishop near the tail end of the round after quite a few of them had come off the board after my last pick in the 2nd.  Would double-dip at the position taking an intriguing athletic prospect in the 5th with Kitan Oladapo.

I was fortunate enough to get my pick of LBs near the top of the 2nd (thanks, Aaron), so I picked up Payton Wilson there who should slot right into one of the starting positions in the base 4-3.  Double-dipped with one of my 6th round picks taking Edefuan Olofoshio to add some needed depth to the position.

Tripled down on OL.  Patrick Paul should step in and compete for the LT position, or maybe even RT allowing Zach Tom to slide inside (not that he needs to, but he would be an improvement at either C or RG).  Then at the end of the 3rd, I picked up Puni who I think may be best utilized at Guard and can compete with Sean Rhyan for the starting position.  And finally, near the end of the 7th, I picked up an elite athlete at C in Dylan McMahon.  Needs to put on some weight, but I think he's a future starter.

At CB, Kool-aid McKinstry was solid value in the first, so I took him to really bolster the secondary.  GB's secondary is going to be scary with Jaire Alexander and Kool-aid manning the perimeter, and Stokes, Nixon, and Valentine fighting for nickel and dime snaps, plus McKinney roaming deep safety.

I may have reached at RB, but Isaac Guerendo's physical toolset was very interesting in the 4th round.  His combination of speed and power gives him flexibility, and after pounding the rock with power backs Jacobs and Dillon, the Guerendo can keep wearing them down with his own power running, or he can run a sweep outside with his 4.33s 40 speed and outrun the tired, battered defenders to the edge and turn it up-field.

Rounding out the needs, I think AJ Simon gives another option at edge.  He can fight with returning UDFA Brenton Cox to be the 2nd man off the bench until Kingsley Enagbare comes off PUP.

And finally, there was Dallin Holker at TE I took in the 6th round because it was solid value, and there's room on the depth chart for another TE after Musgrave and Kraft.  Plus he can play a bit of an H-back/FB role that is available with the departure of Josiah Deguara.

1	25  Kool-aid McKinstry   CB
2	41  Payton Wilson        LB
2	58  Patrick Paul         OT
3	88  Cole Bishop           S
3	91  Dominick Puni         G
4	126 Isaac Guerendo       RB
5	169 Kitan Oladaop         S
6	202 Edefuan Ulofoshio    LB
6	219 Dallin Holker        TE
7	245 Dylan McMahon         C
7	255 AJ Simon           EDGE

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

With the Packers draft finally concluded, here's a recap:

Coming into the draft, the Packers didn't have a whole lot of glaring needs.  Safety and Linebacker were the greatest need.  There's nobody to play opposite the newly poached Xavier McKinney, and transitioning to a 4-3 defense, they don't have a 3rd starting LB to play alongside Quay Walker and Isaiah McDuffie.  Beyond that, there are a few positions that could use some buffing up that I picked based on value.

After trading away Rasul Douglas, and Eric Stokes being injured all season, it made sense to add to the CB room for insurance.

O-Line needed to add some depth and competition after letting 3 former starters go in the off season (David Bakhtiari, Yosh Nijman, and Jon Runyan Jr), so it was important to pick up two or three guys here to compete, there are no real holes in the starting line in desperate need of plugging, but competition at LT, C, and RG would be nice.

Not critical, but edge rusher could use an extra body with Kingsley Enagbare ending the season with an ACL tear.  Still have 3 solid rushers between Smith, Gary, and Van Ness, though.

And at RB, for some reason the Packers thought it better to cut Aaron Jones and take on $12 mill in dead cap space and sign Josh Jacobs to another $12 mil/year.  Assuming he returns to form, that's the top RB position filled.  A.J. Dillon had a bad year and was re-signed to a 1-year deal.  UDFA Emanuel Wilson didn't see much playing time, but looked promising in preseason.  Could use another back to potentially replace Dillon, but hopefully not needed to be a bell-cow with the Jacobs signing.

So needs: S, LB, OL, CB, RB, EDGE

Results:

Safety value wasn't there until I picked in the 3rd, and I feel I got pretty lucky to snag one of the better safeties in Cole Bishop near the tail end of the round after quite a few of them had come off the board after my last pick in the 2nd.  Would double-dip at the position taking an intriguing athletic prospect in the 5th with Kitan Oladapo.

I was fortunate enough to get my pick of LBs near the top of the 2nd (thanks, Aaron), so I picked up Payton Wilson there who should slot right into one of the starting positions in the base 4-3.  Double-dipped with one of my 6th round picks taking Edefuan Olofoshio to add some needed depth to the position.

Tripled down on OL.  Patrick Paul should step in and compete for the LT position, or maybe even RT allowing Zach Tom to slide inside (not that he needs to, but he would be an improvement at either C or RG).  Then at the end of the 3rd, I picked up Puni who I think may be best utilized at Guard and can compete with Sean Rhyan for the starting position.  And finally, near the end of the 7th, I picked up an elite athlete at C in Dylan McMahon.  Needs to put on some weight, but I think he's a future starter.

At CB, Kool-aid McKinstry was solid value in the first, so I took him to really bolster the secondary.  GB's secondary is going to be scary with Jaire Alexander and Kool-aid manning the perimeter, and Stokes, Nixon, and Valentine fighting for nickel and dime snaps, plus McKinney roaming deep safety.

I may have reached at RB, but Isaac Guerendo's physical toolset was very interesting in the 4th round.  His combination of speed and power gives him flexibility, and after pounding the rock with power backs Jacobs and Dillon, the Guerendo can keep wearing them down with his own power running, or he can run a sweep outside with his 4.33s 40 speed and outrun the tired, battered defenders to the edge and turn it up-field.

Rounding out the needs, I think AJ Simon gives another option at edge.  He can fight with returning UDFA Brenton Cox to be the 2nd man off the bench until Kingsley Enagbare comes off PUP.

And finally, there was Dallin Holker at TE I took in the 6th round because it was solid value, and there's room on the depth chart for another TE after Musgrave and Kraft.  Plus he can play a bit of an H-back/FB role that is available with the departure of Josiah Deguara.

1	25  Kool-aid McKinstry   CB
2	41  Payton Wilson        LB
2	58  Patrick Paul         OT
3	88  Cole Bishop           S
3	91  Dominick Puni         G
4	126 Isaac Guerendo       RB
5	169 Kitan Oladaop         S
6	202 Edefuan Ulofoshio    LB
6	219 Dallin Holker        TE
7	245 Dylan McMahon         C
7	255 AJ Simon           EDGE

You had a real good draft, PokerPacker.

:229:The Rook

What a great time!  Thank you @COWBOY-KILLA-, @Chump Bailey AND @goskins10

And now, the Miami Dolphins want to announce they have tendered offers to the following UDFA's:

CB    Noah Daniels    TCU    Sr
CB    Daequan Hardy    Penn State    Sr
CB, Gun, KR    Shon Stephans    Ferris St    Sr
CB    Willie Drew    Virginia St.    Sr
DB    Tyler Owens    Texas Tech    Sr
DL    Jamree Kromah    James Madison    Sr
EDGE    Sundiata Anderson    Grambling St     Sr
IOL (Center)    Kingsley Eguakun    Florida    Jr
LB    JD Bertrand    Notre Dame    Sr
OT    Ethan Driskell    Marshall    Sr
OT    Jalen Sundell    N. Dakota St.    Sr
QB    Gavin Hardison    UTEP    Sr
RB    Marcus Fulcher    Sac St    Sr
RB    Cody Schrader    Missouri    Sr
S    Andre Sam    LSU    Sr
TE    Trey Knox    South Carolina    Sr
TE    Isaac Rex    BYU    Jr
WR    Klle Sheets    Slippery Rock    Sr

(I had researched all of this prospects and found something interesting in every one - I just didn't want for my list to just disappear. ;))

giphy.gif

:229:The Rook

• Like 4

Barrett is probably going to be like a round five pick.  I thought about taking him but liked Jalen Green and Kendall Milton better.

I also thought about drafting Cody Schrader and was hoping someone would pick him so I could talk about him.  I passed him over a couple times, and finally picked Milton instead of him.  But Schrader has productive Shanny scheme rookie year written all over him.  We're going to regret not drafting him when he's on his rookie deal.  After that?  Maybe not.

The strange thing about this running back class is the players in it are way better than most of the players at other positions.  The problem is that almost all of them are so old.  The COVID year hurt the stock of their position group more than any other, and these dudes are going to be discounted by like two rounds or more.  This will be a uniquely good year to add a dirt cheap back to the top of your rotation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Barrett is probably going to be like a round five pick.  I thought about taking him but liked Jalen Green and Kendall Milton better.

I also thought about drafting Cody Schrader and was hoping someone would pick him so I could talk about him.  I passed him over a couple times, and finally picked Milton instead of him.  But Schrader has productive Shanny scheme rookie year written all over him.  We're going to regret not drafting him when he's on his rookie deal.  After that?  Maybe not.

The strange thing about this running back class is the players in it are way better than most of the players at other positions.  The problem is that almost all of them are so old.  The COVID year hurt the stock of their position group more than any other, and these dudes are going to be discounted by like two rounds or more.  This will be a uniquely good year to add a dirt cheap back to the top of your rotation.

I missed that Schrader wasn't taken, agree he gets drafted.  I'd still have taken which I did Vidal later in the draft over Schrader but its close.  the other RB I considered was Gore Jr., who might get drafted in real life but wasn't drafted here.

Barrett is a dude I've talked about in the draft thread, jack of all trades, master of none but solid, and has some pass rushing chops, wouldn't surprise me if he's considered late in the draft by Washington.

Blake Watson, RB, might not be drafted but I'd grab him in 2 seconds in the 7th or as a UDFA

I considered Nelson Ceaser at the end too who went undrafted but I took so many edge rushers it was a bit too indulgent to do that.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Many thanks to @COWBOY-KILLA- @goskins10 and @Chump Bailey . Also thanks to all the other GMs. This was great fun once again and I don't recall any skips this time around. Now, if everyone would just stop taking my right guys before my pick...

The Eagles 2024 ES Mock Draft:

First Round – No. 22 COOPER DEJEAN, CB/S - IOWA 

Second Round – No. 50 CHRIS BRASWELL, EDGE - ALABAMA

Second Round – No. 53 BRANDEN FISKE, DL - FLORIDA STATE

Fourth Round – No. 120 BRENDEN RICE, WR - USC

Fifth Round – No. 161 TOMMY EICHENBERG, LB - OHIO STATE

Fifth Round – No. 171 JARVIS BROWNLEE, CB - LOUISVILLE

Fifth Round – No. 172 JUSTIN EBOIGBE, EDGE - ALABAMA

Sixth Round – No. 210 LOGAN LEE, DL - IOWA

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Vikings draft, few trades in the best interests of time keeping and all that…

1-4 JJ McCarthy QB

4-106 Roger Rosengarten OL

4-108 Decamerion Richardson DB

4-113 Jamari Thrash WR

6-180 Joshua Karty K

Position and player missed out on,  DL - Dewayne Carter.

Also, 7th round I’d have drafted Sam Hartman, QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I missed that Schrader wasn't taken, agree he gets drafted.  I'd still have taken which I did Vidal later in the draft over Schrader but its close.  the other RB I considered was Gore Jr., who might get drafted in real life but wasn't drafted here.

Barrett is a dude I've talked about in the draft thread, jack of all trades, master of none but solid, and has some pass rushing chops, wouldn't surprise me if he's considered late in the draft by Washington.

Blake Watson, RB, might not be drafted but I'd grab him in 2 seconds in the 7th or as a UDFA

I considered Nelson Ceaser at the end too who went undrafted but I took so many edge rushers it was a bit too indulgent to do that.

My hardest decision of the draft was between Kendall Milton and Schrader.  Brian said Milton, guy said Schrader, and brain ended up winning.  I picked Milton because of size, age, mileage, and measurables.  Kind of hard not to fixate the disparity in RAS between the two.  Schrader's film is so good though, that it made up the gap.

I was also collecting All Americans.  I got three on defense and wanted to get one on offense, so almost picked Schrader because of that.

A lot of places have like a ~fifth round ranking or better on Schrader, including PFF and Zierlein, so I'm confident he gets drafted.  But I suspect it'll be in the seventh round, maybe someone like San Francisco or a Shanny tree offense where one cut decisiveness and vision are the premium skills.  I could see him being someone's Alfred Morris.  But he won't have a long career and might not get to a second contract.  The league does running backs dirty.

I think Nelson Caesar did get drafted SIP.  It was way later than expected, but someone grabbed him in major bargain range.  If we score our drafts by value relative to where these guys actually get taken, that person is probably getting like 50+ points off of that one pick alone.

• Like 1