Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

21 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Does anyone know where I could find past mock draft results? I know we use the same thread and delete the old results off the first post and replace it with the current draft, but I didn't know if the old ones were archived somewhere. I searched ES GM's Mock Draft and only found the current year's results. Thank you!

21 hours ago, mudhog said:

I would love to see them too. If you find them, please come back to this thread and make a post. Thanks!

I have them. Give me a little time to put then in one file. I wil ltry to post here. If not,m then I will send DM. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I couldn't get it to open

Do you have Excel? I treid and it opened for me.  Of course it's on my machine.   I sent it through PM. Maybe try there.  If not, I will ask the mods if there is way. 

Edited by goskins10

46 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I couldn't get it to open

38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Do you have Excel? I treid and it opened for me.  Of course it's on my machine.   I sent it through PM. Maybe try there.  If not, I will ask the mods if there is way. 

I couldn't either, and I don't have excel.  Is there any way to import it into Google sheets?  I really appreciate you trying to make this work. :cheers:

18 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I couldn't either, and I don't have excel.  Is there any way to import it into Google sheets?  I really appreciate you trying to make this work. :cheers:

Lets see if I did this right. Untitled spreadsheet.zip

If this does not work.  I might be able to do file by file. But that might take more time.  

Edited by goskins10

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Got the PM and looked but I don't have Excel. I'm sure that's the problem. Gonna wait till I get with the fam tonight and open it on a different computer with it. Appreciate it GS10!

11 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Lets see if I did this right. Untitled spreadsheet.zip

If this does not work.  I might be able to do file by file. But that might take more time.  

Ahh Ha! That did it. TYVM

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ok I am so confused by the Penix pick by Atlanta. I weould never have thoguht they would go QB with jsut signing KIrk. They need so much help on D and they picked a QB that will sit at least 2 yrs barring injury. Wow, just wow did I get that wrong!  

26 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ok I am so confused by the Penix pick by Atlanta. I weould never have thoguht they would go QB with jsut signing KIrk. They need so much help on D and they picked a QB that will sit at least 2 yrs barring injury. Wow, just wow did I get that wrong!  

That's one of the most baffling picks I've seen in awhile.  Aside from skins picks of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Kirk is old.  Pennix can take his time learning from a veteran rather than getting thrown into the fire.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Kirk is old.  Pennix can take his time learning from a veteran rather than getting thrown into the fire.

Ok, then why take Cousins at all? And at that salary? Why not just know you are drafting for the future and keep all that CAP? Get Kirk some help like Rome O or the defense which sorely needs help - That's why I drafted Dallas Turner for them. 

Also Penix is not young. And with him sitting at least 2 yrs, he will be 26 or if 3 27 befroe he becomes a starter. And they will have two maybe only one yr to see if they want to take his 5th yr option then they go right back to t paying big money for a QB. Again, why not forget about Kirk, draft Penix then use the exta CAP to build a team then be able to sign him when it's time.

Sorry, this just makes no sense to me at all. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, Est.1974 said:

Vikings draft, few trades in the best interests of time keeping and all that…

1-4 JJ McCarthy QB

4-106 Roger Rosengarten OL

4-108 Decamerion Richardson DB

4-113 Jamari Thrash WR

6-180 Joshua Karty K

Position and player missed out on,  DL - Dewayne Carter.

Also, 7th round I’d have drafted Sam Hartman, QB.

JJ in the first, followed by….

Round 4 (108) — Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon

Round 6 (177) Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma

Round 6 (203)  Will Reichard, K, Alabama

Not too bad IMO…..

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else is tracking all picks - These are based on the end of the 6th rd. 

In the 6th rd, the NFL picked about 50% players that were not selected in our draft. That is the most I can remember this early. 

There is still one 2nd rd pick left - Beau Brade Buffalo Bills - sorry @mcterry  Hopefully he goes soon. 

There are still 6 4th rd picks - no 3rd left though

Exact Selctions made - This is the exact player i nthe same spot in th draft only   There were many picks of same players but different spots like Minn getting JJ McCarthy at #4 in our draft vs #10 in the NFl draft

Bears picked Caleb WIlliams with #1 pick - no kudos for this one, sorry, That's more a Duh!  🙂  

The only other one I could find was in the 5th rd at overall pick #169 both the NFL and ES Mock Green Bay Packers selcted Kitan Oladapo DB out of Oregon State - That is very well done! To nail a player this late in th draft at the exact draft position is very rare. Well done @PokerPacker!!  

If I missed one my spologies. Please post it. 

10 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

I picked Xavier Leggett going to the Carolina Panthers at pick #33 then they trade up to #32 and the Panthers selected Xavier Leggett. 

Close but not exact. There were a couple of close ones but I was looking for exact matches. Great pick though. You didn't have to trade up to get your guy .I think they probably did it to get the 5th yr option. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

And with Michael Pratt, all my picks were drafted. I'll have to dig in but I know SF did take Mustapha at safety, which I drafted for them.

I had all but one guy drafted - Keaton Bills @253. Not sweating that one. I also picked one player the team did for each team. . 

NFL Atlanta Falcons and I both both took Ruke Orhorhoro - Clemson DT - I got him at rd 3 overall Pick 79, They took him rd 2 overall 35. I feel real good about that one. 

NFL Arizona Cardinals and I both selected Dadrion Taylor-Demerson Texas Tech DB. I took him at rd 3 overall 66, They got him at rd 4 overall 104. I took him quite a bit earlier but still we both took the same player. 

I will be checking the differences but at first glance I feel good about both teams drafts. Atlanta taking Penix at #8 was a mess. But I still think I did the better thing in taking Dallas Turner. I guess time will tell. 

• Thumb up 1

On 4/9/2024 at 9:38 PM, Epochalypse said:

Houston Texans draft recap:

2-42 Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

2-59 TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa St

3-86 Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas

4-123 DeWayne Carter, DT, Duke

4-127 Malik Washington, WR, Virginia

6-188 Isaiah Adams, OL, Illinois

7-238 Trey Taylor, DB, Air Force

7-247 Evan Williams, S, Oregon

Edgerrin Cooper went 45 to Green Bay - (-3 spots; -30 value)

TJ Tampa nosedived to 130 to Baltimore - (-71 spots; -268 value)

Jonathan Brooks went 46 to Carolina - (+40 spots; +280 value)

DeWayne Carter went 95 to Buffalo - (+28 spots; +71 value)

Malik Washington went 184 to Miami - (-57 spots; -27.2 value)

Isaiah Adams went 71 to Arizona - (+117 spots; +218.8 value)

Trey Taylor went 223 to Las Vegas - (+15 spots; +1.3 value)

Evan Williams went 111 to Green Bay - (+136 spots; +71 value)

+316.9 value, not too bad I guess, roughly a late 2nd rounder better.

As for positions:

Houston drafted CB, OT, S, TE, LB, RB, ED, DT, OL

I drafted LB, CB, RB, DT, WR, OL, DB, S

• Like 1

Here is Atlanta: Total delta of 27. Not much difference overall but huge swings player to player. Roman Wilson dropped 41 spots while Kris Abrams-Draine dropped a huge 71 spots. However, I got Caedann Wallace 75 later and Layden Robinson 84 spots later. Overall not too bad. 

Positions taken (good idea @Epochalypse)  

Me - 2 WRs, 2 DL, 1 Edge, 1 CB, 2 WRs, 2 interior OL 

NFL - 3 DL, 1 Edge, 1 LB, 1RB, 1 QB (stupid pick! Sorry but that was just dumb!) - Not sure why they didnt get any WRs for Kirk. After Drake London and Kyle Pitts there is not much there. I know they signed a few guys. But none of them have more than 400 yds ever in their career. I think Roman WIlson can be very good. Be that really solid #2 getting London open more. And they needed help in the secondary. Makes sense them going front 7 heavy, but 4 of 7? I took 3 of 8 and thought that was alot. The Penix pick and 4 front 7 players overall meant they had no resources to get anything else. And RB? Last thing they really needed was a RB unless he is expected to be P/K returner, which is possible. Then they traded 79 and 43 to get to 35 and take Ruke who I took at 79. Not a great draft for them. I of course like mine better - LOL  But I am sure I am wrong... 🙂  

image.png.1d8a6e1dec7ac13188beb0e5b1a60c1c.png

• Thumb up 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:59 AM, Epochalypse said:

And that wraps up the San Francisco 49ers 2024 draft class.

1-31 Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

2-63 Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn St

3-94 Theo Johnson, TE, Penn St

4-124 Chau Smtih-Wade, CB, 

4-132 Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane

4-135 Brandon Coleman, OL

5-176 Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson

6-186 Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest

6-251 Nate Fluornoy, WR, SE Missouri St

9 draft picks in a year the 49ers went to the Super Bowl, and that's after I traded one to move up in round 6. I would not be surprised if the 49ers in real life look to make some moves up to take advantage of the window Brock Purdy's tiny contract provides; I could also see them using this to prepare for Purdy's contract demands in a few years by making all these picks to get a cheaper overall roster.

Jordan Morgan went 25 to Green Bay - (+6 spots; +120 value)

Adisa Isaac went 93 to Baltimore - (-30 spots; -148 value)

Theo Johnson went 107 to NY Giants - (-13 spots; -44 value)

Chau Smith-Wade went 157 to Carolina - (-33 spots; -19.4 value)

Michael Pratt nosedived to 245 to Green Bay - (-113 spots; -39 value)

Brandon Coleman went 67 to Washington - (+68 spots; +216.5 value)

Tyler Davis went 196 to LA Rams - (-20 spots; -8 value)

Malik Mustapha went 124 to San Francisco - (+62 spots; +31 value)

Ryan Fluornoy went 216 to Dallas - (+35 spots; +4 value)

Yuck, only 113.1 value, late 3rd rounder. Michael Pratt was a panic move as I was really eyeing Spencer Rattler who went the pick right in front of me. Rookie move.

As for positions:

San Fran drafted WR, CB, OL, S, RB, WR, OL, LB

I drafted OT, EDGE, TE, CB, QB, OL, DT, S, WR w/ Mustapha being the right player with team

• Like 1