Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Well, had my Eclipse experience.  Went out, put cardboard in front of the sun and closed my eyes.  One of the best experiences of my life.  

New York Giants are finished- I was looking toward 2025; supplying Jones with protection and weapons.  Need to see if he is going to be there or will they need to draft a QB in the next few years:

Joe Alt

Alt is an unquestionable first-round offensive lineman on film, bringing a high football IQ at just 21 years old. He started as a true freshman at Notre Dame, playing more than 2,200 snaps in his three-year career. Despite being 6-foot-8, he has good flexibility to get in a three-point stance in run blocking and maintain good drive and leverage off the snap.

His footwork is so quick for a player of his size, and his balance and core strength stand out. He is effective in both gap- and zone-blocking schemes.

His only true weaknesses come from overextending his arms and getting off balance to dictate contact, and a lack of density when absorbing bull rushes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOP6-79l75Y

Xavier Worthy

Worthy has difference-making NFL speed. He got off to a hot start at Texas, owning about every freshman receiving record in the Longhorns’ record book. He’s not just a straight-line sprinter — his footwork, acceleration, one-cut burst and vertical speed must be accounted for on every play. However, his play strength is a concern, as he does not fight off contact well and can get locked up against press coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XljZP_jnD8g

Ja'Lynn Polk    

Polk has been a productive receiver since his high school days, stacking up with Dez Bryant and Keke Coutee on his high school’s receiving records. He is a highly competitive player who will earn his spot on an NFL roster through tough catches, reliable hands and a willingness to be physical. He has shorter strides, which causes a lack of true top-gear speed, but his strides are explosive. His upright stance and low hands at the snaps might cause some issues getting off press coverage at the next level. Despite the lack of top gear, he can be an impactful vertical receiver due to how comfortable he is playing through contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRInKev4wJ0

Braelon Allen      

Allen will be one of the youngest players in the 2024 draft, 20 years old on draft weekend. His size pops out immediately at 6-foot-2 and 245 pounds. If you try to tackle him high, he’ll bounce right off you with good tackle-breaking ability.

He has nimble feet and impressive burst for his size. His long speed is also fine. His vision and decision-making are inconsistent, as he cuts in when he should bounce out and vice versa. For third-down abilities, his hands are good enough to be a receiving option, but his route diversity out of the backfield is limited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WeA3p9P0g

Sione Vaki      

Vaki played both sides of the ball (running back, slot receiver, and safety) in high school due to his impressive athleticism. He was recruited in the 2019 class, so he is one of the older prospects, but he only has two years of college football experience due to a two-year church mission before playing football for Utah.

Vaki does not have much experience as a running back at the college level, but what we saw from him in 2023 could absolutely contribute in the NFL. He has home run speed with fantastic play strength and contact balance. His route tree as a receiver is very simple, but what he does, he does very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOuuhOPx6A

Dylan Laube GAMES PLAYED   10               12          9

ATT        161        245        82

YARDS  745        1205     498

YPA       4.6         4.9         6.1

TD          9             15          4

REC       68          49          21

TARG    88          60          24

REC YARDS       708        474        203

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s53pBiZ_A88

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Oooofff my bad. I looked up and down the OP twice. Didn’t see him. Okay give me a second. Sorry fellas

No problem.  It gets hard to find players who haven't already been drafted when we get to the final rounds.

• Like 1

After spending an irresponsible amount of time staring at the Sun’s vortex, Dallas brass was foolishly blinded, selected a player who was selected much earlier and wasted everyone’s time. We will have to see what the league decides to do for punishment.

In the meantime, Dallas selects Dorian Singer, Wide Receiver, USC with their final pick of the draft.

E7BB5372-CD28-48E9-A433-A3A522881666.jpeg

434E3551-70AD-4C0C-B149-444F7D15F4E4.jpeg

18ACF204-D3D3-4887-8910-A54762908A4C.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Wait, did you really think Adisa Isaac was still available in the 7th round?

I thought he was missed for some reason. Went up and down the board numerous times and didn’t see him at all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gooseneck said:

One of the best experiences of my life.  

Agreed. It was an incredible experience. I wont live long enough to see one to totality unfortunately. Wish I would have done it once on my life

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Oooofff my bad. I looked up and down the OP twice. Didn’t see him. Okay give me a second. Sorry fellas

You are not the first nor the last. It happens. 

• Like 1

Ok, been away a while, life and stuff. Let me get caught up: 

Eclipse! SAo much fun. I remember as a kid seeing a full eclipse. We met a bunch of folks from our building on the roof and all watched together. What a cool expereince. Reminds you of how fragle we are. We think we contol everything in our lives when ion fact we control very little. Me and a couple of the neighbors had fun watching the other neighborws comeo uyt and immediatly look up. One of our neighbors kids thought it was lame until I gave them the glasses and they saw the cresent for the first time. 

@WelshSkinsFan I mean this will all due respect - I hate you!! I thought for sure Matt Lee would fall through btu noooooo, SOmeone had to take him! Was gonig bto round out the Cardinals draft. BTW Good picK 🙂  

Great pace! Into the 7th rd. We should be done before the weekend! Great job and as always I am so impressed with the details you guys get into! I had a lot more targts taken this year menaing either I am getting better or you are getting worse! I am counting on the first one. 

The Atlanta draft is complete: 

We went into the draft neding DL, secondary and some more weaponms for our new QB one Kirk Cousins. More on that in a bit. We started off getng who we believe is the best edge rusher in the draft in Dallas Turner thanks tro 4 QBs gonig off the top. This sums him up better than I could: 

“He’s such a talented athlete. One of the biggest mistakes people make is looking past athletic ability and focusing too much on technique or polish when they come out. Just look for ‘dudes’ and coach the rest of it.” - NFC executive

We then got another weapon for Kirk Cousins. Our #2 and #3 had 750 yds and 2TDs combined. Yes, we hope to better use Kyle Pitts and we have Drake London. But we needed a legit WR2. Roman WIlson fits that's bill. We then got a really solid CB in Kris Abraims-Draine in the 3rd. He should at least provide depth and CB3 and with some development be a full time starter. A sleeper i nthis draft is Marcus Harris, DL Auburn. 

He may be a bit undesized but he plays with explosivness and quickness to overcome that size. If he can add a few pounds without his quickness suffering (and we think he can) he he should instantly push for rotational support but possible even get some starting reps.  Overall we are very pleased. 

Atlanta Draft: 

Team (Total Pick Number) PLAYER SCHOOL YEAR POS
😎 Atlanta Falcons Dallas Turner Alabama Jr EDGE
43) Atlanta Falcons Roman Wilson Michigan Sr WR
74) Atlanta Falcons Kris Abrams-Draine Missouri Jr CB
79) Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville) Ruke Orhorhoro Clemson Sr DT
109) Atlanta Falcons Devontez Walker North Carolina Jr WR
143) Atlanta Falcons Caedan Wallace Penn State Sr OL
187) Atlanta Falcons Layden Robinson Texas A&M Sr IOL
197) Atlanta Falcons (from Cleveland) Marcus Harris Auburn Sr DL

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Chump Bailey took my pick so scrambling to go to plan B here in Hogwarts.  With the family in Universal so no board in sight!

What position are you thinking? I will send you a DM with a list of those available if you want. 

Thanks @clskinsfan for the offer.

Maybe it was fate as the  failure to secure our preferred target makes us look at a name closer to home and what an amazing name it is.  With pick 224 the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Steele Chambers, ILB, Ohio State

@KDawg is on the clock

IMG_3346.jpeg

Edited by WelshSkinsFan
  • Like 3