Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the 153rd pick in the NFL Draft the Washington Commanders select Isaiah Mcguire Missouri DE 6'4 275lbs 

His comp is Preston Smith....Kid has tons of talent and this late is a no brainer to work with. The Staff is stoked...

Top 5 in Athleticism and Production scores at the combine for DE's

McGuire is a long, powerful defensive end who came on strong as a senior in 2022. The 6-foot-4, 275-pounder earned an 81.9 pass-rushing grade on the season. 

An edge defender with good size and length, McGuire’s flashes of power and disruption might allow for a projection beyond what you would expect for his somewhat inconsistent tape. He struggles to hold his ground against edge blocks. His B-gap freestyles bring tackles for loss, but they also allow for massive run lanes. He’s a bulldozing power rusher who can uproot tackles and collapse pockets with forceful punch and explosive leg drive. He’ll need to get schooled up on varying his entry points and angles to keep NFL tackles guessing, but his style should translate in the league. His run defense needs work, but his size and disruption could make him a starter one day.

• 40-Yard Dash: 4.76 seconds
  • Vertical: 36.6 inches
  • Broad Jump: 10 feet, 2 inches
  • 3-Cone Drill: 7.39 seconds

IM.jpeg

im1.jpeg

With the 154th pick @woodpecker and the Seahawks select Rakim Jarrett Maryland WR

@PokerPacker and the pack on the clock

@KDawg and the chargers on deck

@duffy and the ravens on soon

@PokerPacker and the pack on soon

@ComManDersFan57 and the raiders on soon

When I was whining earlier today about 2 players dropping who I'd love to have, McGuire was one of the two.  

I think he likely is gone in real life by the end of the 3rd or worst case early 4th.   Well rounded player, good pass rusher, good against the run.  Good bend for his size.  One of the best value picks IMO in this mock draft so far and better than IMHO than a bunch of the edge players taken before him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

With the 157th pick of the ES GM's Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select

Dylan Horton, EDGE, TCU

"Horton is a versatile defensive line prospect that has the frame to align in multiple positions along the defensive front and has ideal height and length that gives him a prototypical build for an edge player in the NFL. On film, Horton has showcased many likable traits against the run and pass. Against the run, Horton shows to be very violent in his approach and is willing to collision with offensive linemen to hold the line of scrimmage. Horton is violent at the point of attack, using his hands and showing the ability to consistently shed offensive linemen off of him. 

Horton is a high-motor, high-effort player that is willing to put his body in unorthodox situations to make a play. Horton is a plus-level athlete that also has the ability to chase plays down from the backside or track ball carriers down 10-20 yards down the field to make a tackle. 

As a pass rusher, Horton appears to have all of the physical tools necessary to be productive at the next level. Horton has a quick first step, which he uses to quickly gain leverage on offensive linemen when he wants to win with a speed rush around the edge to get to the quarterback. Horton also shows that he can use some development in his pass-rush repertoire. There were multiple instances where Hortons initial move didn’t work and he didn’t appear to have a counter move to continue his rush for the duration of the play."  https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/dylan-horton-fcf1f77e-1cb7-4792-a4b5-207a43b82014/

Sorry for the delay, everyone! I was fighting to get the yardwork finished before it got dark. 

Edited by duffy
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

This was one of the guys. Not the main one. But one of them. 

The Los Angeles Chargers cannot resist how utterly stupid it is to double dip at a position where they already have Austin Ekeler and Jahmyr Gibbs. But they cannot comprehend the travesty that has occurred in this draft.

In fact, they can't stand for it. With Ekeler on the block (no need to pay this dude with my two new shiny RBs), we have opted to follow our best available player model and realize that our RB3 in the ENTIRE DRAFT is still on the board at this late juncture.

We are laughing at all of you.

Over and over and over again.

With the Los Angeles Chargers next pick (who the **** knows what # it is at this point)

RB, UAB

DeWayne McBride

I had McBride next on my list. Great pick.

With the 158th pick of the ES Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select
Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
Tall, strong-armed pocket-passer.  Makes good decisions.  People seem to be all over the place on his value, but I figure 5th round should be a god place to take him.  Love is our guy, but now he needs someone to hold his clipboard.  We're hoping Tanner McKee will be more Matt Flynn than Brian Brohm.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

With the 158th pick of the ES Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select
Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
Tall, strong-armed pocket-passer.  Makes good decisions.  People seem to be all over the place on his value, but I figure 5th round should be a god place to take him.  Love is our guy, but now he needs someone to hold his clipboard.  We're hoping Tanner McKee will be more Matt Flynn than Brian Brohm.

McKee is interesting, he may go day 2 or right around this spot.  When I was deciding on haener vs McKee, I chose haener bc despite the weaker arm, I wanted the mobility.  McKee is a statue and that usually doesn't work out in todays NFL.  But I'd say McKee has higher ceiling than haener due to arm strength, but haener has higher floor.  McKee needs a team with a decent line and established offense or it could get ugly.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

McKee is interesting, he may go day 2 or right around this spot.  When I was deciding on haener vs McKee, I chose haener bc despite the weaker arm, I wanted the mobility.  McKee is a statue and that usually doesn't work out in todays NFL.  But I'd say McKee has higher ceiling than haener due to arm strength, but haener has higher floor.  McKee needs a team with a decent line and established offense or it could get ugly.

Well... our offense is far from established.  I think the entire WR corps entered the NFL last season.  But it's okay because he's on clipboard duty, not being asked to play as a starter.  Let him take some time to develop and see what he becomes.

• Like 1

Time for a new weapon to keep the points flowing in the Queen City.  An intriguing prospect with a high ceiling who should deliver an immediate impact in third down situations due to his elusiveness and great hands.  With the 163rd pick in the ES Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Kenny McIntosh, RB, UGA

4FA6AC2B-13B9-42A1-B57A-3D531BB9EA92.jpeg

• Like 2