Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

8 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

With pick #188, the Houston Texans select...

ZACK KUNTZ, TE, OLD DOMINION

So torn on Kuntz. I see flashes of special. And then I see a lot of below average plodding play against below average competition. But the 6th is the right spot for him IMO. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

So torn on Kuntz. I see flashes of special. And then I see a lot of below average plodding play against below average competition. But the 6th is the right spot for him IMO. 

Yeah, at this point went boom/bust, considering bust only costs a 6th rounder.

• Like 1

Kuntz and Tune are great picks.  I was going to talk some about Kuntz on the draft thread after watching him but held off, now am free to do it.

Tune I've already talked plenty about.  those were my 2nd and third desired players at my pick coming up. 

My top pick though is still on the board.  Everyone he's off limits

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

At this range of the draft IMHO bet on players with upside.  Hurt last season, but the season before had major production and was a key QB target.  Killer athlete, hurdles champion in high school,  killed the combine --10 RAS.

He sort of reminds me of the Blake Freeland's of the TE position  -- tall, long legged, can motor, but not that physical.  Seperates fairly well.  Big time catch radius.

The kicker for me was watching his interview with GMF, comes off high character, smart dude.  I thought it was ironic that he plugged Taylor Kraft's personality -- another dude whose personality has given me confidence as to the player's intangibles and have touted in part for that reason. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats why this thread is so valuable for draft geeks like us. I am a tape guy. All I do is look at tape and put my list together. The intagibles are things I never get except here. Just dont have time for it with all of these guys. Thanks SIP.

Thanks,.  I did watch him too.  2 games.  I always watch the players I tout, but if I am intrigued by what I see, I'll see if I can learn more about their personality-leadership--attributes

Don't get me wrong, I think Kuntz is a flier. but if I am rolling the dice, i'd bet on a dude with off the charts athleticism and intangibles. In the 6th round, IMO is the perfect type of pick.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

With pick #188, the Houston Texans select...

ZACK KUNTZ, TE, OLD DOMINION

Surprised he made it this long.  Former 5 star recruit, teams will convince themselves they can get the most out of him.  Could turn into a nice asset for 188 overall.

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

With pick #190 the Cleveland Browns select, CB - Northwestern.

Added depth at corner and brings special teams value as well.  Mitchell can be an outstanding gunner.  

Mitchell is a great player. Speed is the issue with him. Again 6th rounder. So good value.

• Like 2

I just traded for 4 late round picks and all the guys on my short list are getting taken in rapid succession.  That's why I like doing this, bc it'll force me to read up on some guys I don't know anything about, and makes watching the real draft more interesting bc now I have more background info.  Or maybe I just adopt the cerrato strategy "hey I've heard of you, welcome to the team".

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

He isn't slow.  Faster than Brents, for example.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Cameron-Mitchell-DB-Northwestern

I am talking about game speed on tape. Not their testing speed. Mitchell gets cooked deep too much because he lacks twitch and hip flip. Again he can play. But he is most likely a backup player. Which is what you are looking for in round 6 anyays.

Edited by clskinsfan

With the 193rd pick in the NFL Draft the Washington Commanders Select Carter Warren Pittsburgh OL 6'5 313lbs

He's not pretty, but we feel he's a slightly depressed value given he went out w/ and injury early this season.  We like his size and Length..

Warren has long arms (35 3/8 inches) and improved in each of his four seasons as a starter. His stock could have risen even more had he not torn his meniscus four weeks into this past season..

Warren picked Pitt over many suitors as one of the top prospects out of New Jersey in the 2017 class. After redshirting his first year on campus, he did not play at all in 2018. Warren started all 13 games at left tackle in 2019. He began eight of nine games played in 2020 and then earned second-team All-ACC recognition in 2021 after starting all 14 games on the blind side. Warren started the first four games of 2022 at left tackle before suffering a season-ending injury.

cw.jpeg

cw1.jpeg

@Ball Security is on the clock

@KillBill26  and the broncos is on deck

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the commanders on soon

@Skinsinparadise and the dolphins on soon

@woodpecker and the seahawks on soon

@duffy and the ravens on soon

@KDawg and the chargers on soon

@Epochalypse and the texans

@Going Commando and the jags on soon

@Epochalypse and the texans on soon