Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

The Seattle Seahawks Select:

Joshua Paschal, DE, Kentucky

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joshua-paschal/32005041-5306-8486-93fc-0cae1c9cca7f

Seahawks need a culture builder and leader as they rebuild. Paschal is the only 3-time full season captain in UK history. 
A PG county kid we should all root for.

As a true freshman at Kentucky in 2017, Paschal played in all 13 games with one start (17 tackles, 4.5 for loss with 3.5 sacks) after a strong career at Our Lady of Good Counsel High School in Maryland. Paschal was diagnosed with malignant melanoma in July 2018, undergoing multiple surgeries and a year of immunotherapy treatment on the bottom of his right foot that ended in August 2019. While getting treatment during the 2018 season, he redshirted, playing in three games with one start. Paschal returned to start all 13 games in 2019 (34 tackles, 9.5 for loss with 3.5 sacks, two forced fumbles) and 10 of 11 games played in 2020 (32 tackles, 6.5 for loss). He was a team captain in both seasons. He finished his career on a high note, earning second-team All-SEC and Academic All-American honors while leading the Wildcats with 15.5 tackles for loss, including 5.5 sacks among his 53 total tackles, in 12 starts. Paschal opted out of the team's bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Fully grown defender with the play strength and versatility to contribute in odd or even fronts. Paschal's urgent, full-tilt demeanor helps him control his fair share of engagements, but it also leads to occasional lapses in footwork and balance. He's like a block of granite at the point of attack with low pads and a heavy anchor. He has the twitch to see-and-shed against single blocks and the range to make a tackle a gap away. His face-up rush style lacks elusiveness and will see limited success off the edge, but his snap quickness fits perfectly as an interior rusher in sub-packages. Paschal might never be a star, but he's a good future starter with winning character that coaches and fans will grow to love.
Strengths
  • Only three-time full-season captain in school history.
  • Big personality who loves the game.
  • Stocky lower half from his hips to his ankles.
  • Comes off the ball low, square and with a compact punch.
  • Bends and grows roots to leverage and counter drive blockers.
  • Full recognition and response for contain duties.
  • Forceful tackler with excellent shed power and timing.
  • Initial quickness offers quick-win potential as interior rusher.
  • Wide lateral steps take him quickly to the edge.
  • Attacks with heavy but sudden hands.
  • Highly determined once he finds the backfield.
Weaknesses
  • * Size and length fall below NFL standards
  • * Needs better feel for edge pressure. * Occasional imbalance due to inconsistent footwork. * Frenzied play lands him on the ground at times. * Limited success as face-up edge rusher. * Lacks upper-body flexion to turn and flatten at the top of the arc. * Uses predictable jump-and-swim rush move inside. * Rush gasses out if he doesn't win early in the rep
Sources Tell Us

"The (Kentucky) coaches will tell you that he's a player you can bring in as a culture builder. He's all about ball on and off the field." -- Area scout for AFC team
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sickening draft for the Eagles so far. They are really going to add a ton of talent to their team in this draft. 

Thanks! Hope the real Eagles do much worse. We'll see how it all pans out.

31 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Perhaps but that becomes a lot of money for rookies, then they all come up for new contracts at the same time.

I'm reaching for negatives I know but...

I'll worry about contracts and the cap when the time comes. LOL.

• Haha 1

New England bolstered their defense in the first two rounds with the additions of Devin Lloyd and Roger McCreary. They now move to the other side of the ball and add a much needed guard. With pick 85 New England Selects:

Dylan Parham   G  Memphis

I have a second round grade on Parham. He isnt ideally sized. But he is a mauler. And loves to play with a nasty streak. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Neither of my teams have a 4th rounder. And that is a good thing. Because today is my birthday and I am going to get ****ing hammered on Scotch later this evening. :) Enjoy round 4 ya'll.

That's too bad. I was going to offer you one of my plethora of 4's as a birthday gift. Oh well. Hope you like the card. 

Edited by duffy
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Neither of my teams have a 4th rounder. And that is a good thing. Because today is my birthday and I am going to get ****ing hammered on Scotch later this evening. :) Enjoy round 4 ya'll.

Happy B'Day!!  Have a few for us!!   Be safe! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

New England bolstered their defense in the first two rounds with the additions of Devin Lloyd and Roger McCreary. They now move to the other side of the ball and add a much needed guard. With pick 85 New England Selects:

Dylan Parham   G  Memphis

I have a second round grade on Parham. He isnt ideally sized. But he is a mauler. And loves to play with a nasty streak. 

You know all that "B'Day stuff! Yea well you can - ok well keep it clean but you know what I want to say!!  I was so taking him for the Cards lol  Great pick - Arrgghh!!!  Steal at this point in the draft for sure. 

Stomping Feet GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Commander_N_Chief said:

With what feels like the 653 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Las Vegas Raiders look to bolster their DL with Phidarian Mathis DT Alabama

Great pick. He wasn't falling past my next selection. 

• Like 1

With the 87tht Pick in the 2022 ES Mock Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select: Luke Goedeke, OL Central Michigan

We need help all across the Oline. So anytime we can add beef we will. TE turned lineman. He projects to be a guard but we need help all across the line if we plan to keep Kyler Murray on the team and upright. He worked on his bulk and body strength. We like his upside in the NFL. 

image.png.e8f8b765eda06239b8336e6a92d5edc6.png

• Like 2

@Davistron20 and the Cowboys on the clock

@mcterry and the Buffalo Bills on deck

@Chump Bailey and the Titans coming up

@Skinsinparadise and the Bucs coming up 

@PokerPacker and the Cheese Heads Coming up

@Berggy9598 and the 49Ers coming up  - Thier time is reduced to 4 hrs - If skipped again they will be replaced. 

Anyone interested in taking the team talk to the Commish - @COWBOY-KILLA-  He is doing a great job as usual!!  Thanks for all the work! 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

OP updated, back at it....ty for the assists and keeping it moving..

@Davistron20 and the Cowboys on the clock

@mcterry and the Buffalo Bills on deck

@Chump Bailey and the Titans coming up

@Skinsinparadise and the Bucs coming up 

@PokerPacker and the Cheese Heads Coming up

@Berggy9598 and the 49Ers coming up  - Thier time is reduced to 4 hrs - If skipped again they will be replaced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1