Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzzfeed: A Father-To-Be Died In An Explosion Caused By A Gender-Reveal Device

Cooked Crack

I am on board with blowing **** up for fun.  I love fireworks precisely because it’s a non lethal means of gazing at explosions and fires.  Building demolitions get news coverage and audiences because blowing up empty buildings and watching them tumble into ruins is awesome. That watching things go boom is fun, is undeniable.

But I hate gender reveal parties.  They’re absurd and attention whoring in general is stupid.  

So I’m caught between wagging my finger and cheering on this 80 pound tannerite guy.  On the one hand he’s being ridiculous, but on the other hand I would like to be invited to watch 80 pounds of tannerite go off.  

• 4 weeks later...

Man charged in gender reveal blast that rocked nearby towns

A man was charged Monday for an explosive gender reveal party that was heard by nearby residents in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

Anthony Spinelli, of Kingston, was charged with disorderly conduct, police said. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer and a phone number couldn’t be found for him.

Police in Kingston, a town not far from the Massachusetts stateline, received reports of a loud explosion the night of April 20. They responded to Torromeo quarry, where they found people who acknowledged holding a gender reveal party with explosives.

The source was Tannerite — 80 pounds (36 kilograms) of it, police said. The family thought the quarry would be the safest spot to blow up the explosive, which is typically sold over the counter as a target for firearms practice, police said.

No injuries were reported, police said.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While the water’s quality didn’t immediately appear to have been altered, the agency said the act of dumping a substance into the water “constitutes an infraction.” Under Brazilian law, “throwing solid, liquid or gaseous waste or debris, oils or oily substances” into the environment is subject to fines ranging from 5,000 to 50,000 Brazilian reals, or between $926 and $9,263, depending on human health effects, animal mortality and biodiversity destruction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/09/30/gender-reveal-waterfall-brazil-dyed/

• Like 1

• 11 months later...