Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lauren Boebert is a ****ing herpes outbreak on a 3rd date isn’t she? Jesus Christ. 

I've been gauging when to admit I wouldn't not poke her, but you jus made me throw up in my mouth a little, so thanks for saving me from myself...

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I can't entirely tell from the tone of your posts whether you're glad we dodged a bullet or if you're just gloating over the alleged return of the establishment wing of the Grand Oligarch’s Party, or perhaps a bit of both

i, under no circumstances, want nor do I think it’s a good idea to have trumper people in any position of power at any level of government. Even if I otherwise agree with them on the policy issues. I think they are a threat to our democracy, and I think they attract people that are a threat to our democracy or otherwise unsavory people (like racists.)

there’s several people here who seem to think I’m disingenuous when I say that. I can’t help that. If you can’t take what I say at face value, having no other connection to me and not actually knowing me at all, then I can’t fix that. That’s a “you” issue and there’s nothing I can do about that. 

if you choose to “read between the lines” and make up my opinions for me, I can’t really do anything about that. 

Im simply posting the information that’s available at the time, and what I think it means. That’s it. 

and we see people all the time “hold their nose” and pick a candidate they don’t like, because “it’s better than the other party winning.” Whether I personally think trumper candidates should qualify for that (I don’t), or whether you think they should, is completely irrelevant to the fact that many people operate that way. Liberals do the same thing (not implying when they do it’s exactly the same as this, just that they follow the same practice when it suits them)

if you can’t separate specific races where there are clear differences in candidate quality, where there are clear differences in the politics of the voters of a region, from a national view of “how many seats did each party get”, then that’s also a “you” problem and yelling about it and throwing your hands all over the place doesn’t change how naive and ignorant your analysis is. 

furthermore - there’s what the news and media talks about, what politicians say on camera, and what goes on behind the scenes with money and backing and support of people that matter to the party. And those things are different. 

people who have the inside track on politics don’t get their news from the places we do. Because we’re consuming entertainment - not raw and actual political information. 

and anyone that’s an expert in any field is familiar with watching the news/media cover their field and seeing how terrible of a job they do at it.  Politics isn’t any different - in fact politics is the main driver of the entertainment we consume that’s masquerading as “news”

so if you don’t get it - again, you problem. If none of that makes sense - again, you problem. If you can’t let got of your desire to paint all republicans as awful trumpers trying to overthrow the country - again, you problem. 

for what it’s worth the politics people on NPR are talking about this much similar to the way I am, so, these are not Republican talking points I’m falling for. The idea that internally republicans are in a civil war with trump and his people on one side, and traditional conservatives who think they’re ****ing everything up and ruining the party on the other, is not exactly novel or insider thinking or particularly clever. It’s pretty well known. 

But it is super inconvenient to admit for the liberals that have a vested interest in painting every Republican to be like or in support of trump. That’s a huge political talking point for them and it helps drive a portion of the electorate. So I get why it’s a thing - doesn’t make it correct or accurate though. 

I think balanced power of moderates is the most productive way of governance. Does it accomplish everything I think should be done, in the timely manner I think it should be done? No. But big picture things operate smother and run at a better clip when the extremists on both sides lose their power and have their voice softened. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

i, under no circumstances, want nor do I think it’s a good idea to have trumper people in any position of power at any level of government. Even if I otherwise agree with them on the policy issues. I think they are a threat to our democracy, and I think they attract people that are a threat to our democracy or otherwise unsavory people (like racists.)

there’s several people here who seem to think I’m disingenuous when I say that. I can’t help that. If you can’t take what I say at face value, having no other connection to me and not actually knowing me at all, then I can’t fix that. That’s a “you” issue and there’s nothing I can do about that. 

if you choose to “read between the lines” and make up my opinions for me, I can’t really do anything about that. 

Im simply posting the information that’s available at the time, and what I think it means. That’s it. 

and we see people all the time “hold their nose” and pick a candidate they don’t like, because “it’s better than the other party winning.” Whether I personally think trumper candidates should qualify for that (I don’t), or whether you think they should, is completely irrelevant to the fact that many people operate that way. Liberals do the same thing (not implying when they do it’s exactly the same as this, just that they follow the same practice when it suits them)

if you can’t separate specific races where there are clear differences in candidate quality, where there are clear differences in the politics of the voters of a region, from a national view of “how many seats did each party get”, then that’s also a “you” problem and yelling about it and throwing your hands all over the place doesn’t change how naive and ignorant your analysis is. 

furthermore - there’s what the news and media talks about, what politicians say on camera, and what goes on behind the scenes with money and backing and support of people that matter to the party. And those things are different. 

people who have the inside track on politics don’t get their news from the places we do. Because we’re consuming entertainment - not raw and actual political information. 

and anyone that’s an expert in any field is familiar with watching the news/media cover their field and seeing how terrible of a job they do at it.  Politics isn’t any different - in fact politics is the main driver of the entertainment we consume that’s masquerading as “news”

so if you don’t get it - again, you problem. If none of that makes sense - again, you problem. If you can’t let got of your desire to paint all republicans as awful trumpers trying to overthrow the country - again, you problem. 

for what it’s worth the politics people on NPR are talking about this much similar to the way I am, so, these are not Republican talking points I’m falling for. The idea that internally republicans are in a civil war with trump and his people on one side, and traditional conservatives who think they’re ****ing everything up and ruining the party on the other, is not exactly novel or insider thinking or particularly clever. It’s pretty well known. 

But it is super inconvenient to admit for the liberals that have a vested interest in painting every Republican to be like or in support of trump. That’s a huge political talking point for them and it helps drive a portion of the electorate. So I get why it’s a thing - doesn’t make it correct or accurate though. 

I think balanced power of moderates is the most productive way of governance. Does it accomplish everything I think should be done, in the timely manner I think it should be done? No. But big picture things operate smother and run at a better clip when the extremists on both sides lose their power and have their voice softened. 

I didn't read the whole thing but I agree: Wentz should start after the bye. 👍

• Haha 13

Here’s an example

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/paul-ryan-blames-disappointing-gop-election-results-trump-hangover

now - whether you like Ryan or not is irrelevant. 

but is this a one off? Some will think so.  

others will see it as fitting a pattern of certain people fighting back against the trumpers in the party

and if you’ve paid attention to what McConnell did with money, it fits the pattern. So does grumbling about what Trump didn’t do with his PAC money to support the party during midterms. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can you accurately call it a Trump "hangover" when the party is still actively mainlining Trump?

I'm not sure they are, I think it's the loudest group in the room. This is purely anecdotal but the few Trump voters I know have washed their hands of him and have moved to Desantis. 

They think Trump is actively damaging his message and want him to step aside for Florida man. I'm hoping they attack each other nonstop and cause a rift between the two parties. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So Lake should be declared the winner because she had strong polls before the election and raised a lot of money? Figures a guy who can't win his own elections in Utah would write something that idiotic. 

Just like Trump, she broadcasted that anything less than her victory was fraudulent weeks/months in advance. So this outcome is totally expected.

But what struck me in your post, was that I never saw any polls suggesting an outcome in her favor. My impression was that she was always behind… but closing the gap from lopsided.

I think this is just another case of staying on brand (lying).

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

One more update lol:

image.png.d4eef42439261fb64cb02982ffca33d7.png

What are….. recent headlines on Fox News.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I'm not sure they are, I think it's the loudest group in the room. This is purely anecdotal but the few Trump voters I know have washed their hands of him and have moved to Desantis. 

They think Trump is actively damaging his message and want him to step aside for Florida man. I'm hoping they attack each other nonstop and cause a rift between the two parties. 

Maybe.  I think when he hand picks a guy with obvious CTE and who paid for a bunch of abortions to run for Senate, and that guy OVERWHELMINGLY wins the primary over other competent people with histories in politics, that kind of shows you the sway Trump holds.  Basically the same deal in AZ and PA, although those two were somewhat less obviously unqualified and won their primaries by narrower margins, but they still won based solely on Trump's support.  

Now, after yesterday, maybe his sway is diminished, but I guess we'll see. 

• Like 1