Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

36 minutes ago, tshile said:

Was her easy win predicted by most? Does she have plans (or is assumed to) to run for president in ‘24? Is she in a state that was heavily contested for the last 20 years, and now seems to be firmly in the hands of republicans/democrats?

Why is it supposed to be discussed as much?

Trump won Michigan in 2016. Prior to that it was a GOP stronghold from 1972-1988.

Unlike Rhonda, Gretch didn't unnecessarily kill off an extra 150 people per every 100k of the states population. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump won Michigan in 2016. Prior ro that it was a GOP stronghold from 1972-1988.

Unlike Rhonda, Gretch didn't unnecessarily kill off an extra 150 people per every 100k of the states population. 

hah ok. 

Well. I think it’s perfectly reasonable for her to not receive the same coverage, I don’t think the magnitude or meaning of the two races/outcomes are close to each other. 

and I think the coverage suggests that I’m probably right

or that no one gives a **** about Michigan 😂 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Personally I think a Newsom/Gretch ticket (or vice versa) would appeal to a lot of voters...assuming Joe doesn't run.  

Absolutely. Or the other way around. I’m not really aware of any dems that have problems with either, both have strong personalities/presence in politics and good track records. 

Im not really seeing another option but it’s 2 years out. Abrams is toast. Butigigegigegigigidgegeg has a good following but I don’t think he has a chance (and I like him - I just don’t think he has a chance)

I think 2024 has a good chance of ending with dems mad Biden sunk the party but running for re-election when he shouldn’t have. 

which I think it’s possible to feel that way - without it meaning anything about how you feel about how he did as president 2020-2024. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is any candidate denying election results this time around? I haven’t seen it yet. 

of course it may be the ones in races yet to be called that were the most likely to do it…

Give it some more time, but Lake has already started questioning the results

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/politics/kari-lake-arizona-governor-race/index.html

In a speech Tuesday night at her election night headquarters, Lake said she felt like it is “groundhog day.”

“We had November 3, 2020, that was called incompetency 101,” Lake said. She went on to suggest there was “incompetency” at play in both the August primary and in Tuesday’s election – a not-so-subtle critique of her opponent’s oversight over elections. It was not immediately clear what she was referring to, but there has been no evidence of any widespread fraud.

“We need honest elections and we’re going to bring them to you, Arizona, I assure you of that. The system we have right now does not work,” Lake said. She later told her supporters to be patient and said she was confident that she would win.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ouch...

Some of the better responses:

"He's going to move to Louisiana, change his name to Beteaux Au Rourqe and run there."

"A mighty cheer went up from the heroes of Texas. They had banished the awful Beto forever, because he was a Demmycrat. Now let's all celebrate with a privatized power grid failure."

"It'll be a cold, cold day in Texas before I vote for a Democrat!"

Power grid fails in the middle of winter

"Will you be voting Democrat now, sir?"

"No, I'd still rather not."

"Why should democrats need perfect candidates when republicans don’t even have candidates who can be relied on not to attack their own country? The issue is that billionaires are funding garbage republicans and propaganda media to drive people to vote for Republican candidates. This isn’t Beto vs Jesus, this is Beto versus garbage people. They voted for garbage people. That’s the problem."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Beto seems like good people and I’d be happy to call him my guv/rep here in VA…BUT…there’s absolutely nothing about him that screams “Don’t mess with Texas” or any sort of macho silliness that’s so crucial to southern backwater electioneering.

Counterpoint:

The Best Ted Cruz Memes Roasting His Cancún, Mexico Trip

• Haha 13
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Beto seems like good people and I’d be happy to call him my guv/rep here in VA…BUT…there’s absolutely nothing about him that screams “Don’t mess with Texas” or any sort of macho silliness that’s so crucial to southern backwater electioneering.

I don't know...his name looks like it should rhyme with Keto which can be a manly, all red meat sort of diet....yeah, I've got nothing.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

agree. He would never do it but he should move to Wisconsin or something. He could be a political force but is stuck in a state he will never win. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

agree. He would never do it but he should move to Wisconsin or something. He could be a political force but is stuck in a state he will never win. 

People like Beto and Abrams keep run in and losing. They seem to get people motivated but aren't getting over the hump. Hopefully they find different roles moving forward that doesn't include them running again for anything. 

• Thumb up 1

Also…BIG BIG TIP OF THE CAP TO WACKADOO LEFTY!!  Finally we get to have midterms where yall didn’t spend all summer “occupying” our city parks and pooping all over our McDonalds parking lots.  You “occupied” your own house and you pooped all over those MAGA dreams instead.

Daddy is proud of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

People like Beto and Abrams keep run in and losing. They seem to get people motivated but aren't getting over the hump. Hopefully they find different roles moving forward that doesn't include them running again for anything. 

They are running in places where it's stacked very hard against them. Very difficult to get people in GA to vote for Abrams when almost 50% are willnig to vote for hershal ****ing walker. And Beto can carry certain parts of TX but it is dead red. Both were trying to climb a very big mountain. Both were doomed for failure. Both could win an election in a more reasonable state. 

What will be interesting is to see where the two go from here. Stacy should be DNC Chair but the DNC is not that bright. I could see Beto in cabinet position. Maygbe replace Pete at Trannsportation? Pete will run if Biden does not but will step down looknig for a different cabinet position this next term if Biden runs. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1