Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

I don't ****ing care.  These ignorant assholes purposefully turned away from legitimate information sources because they didn't like what they were hearing and instead chose to listen to a pathological liar, his sycophants, and conspiracy theorists.  I don't give a good goddam what they "truly thought."  They chose to be willfully ignorant, and those that participated in the resulting insurrection need to pay for their crimes.  All of them.

I'm hope you realize I agree with everything you said there. 

• Haha 1

And now it comes out that the FBI gave advance warning about the violence that was to come at the Capitol.  And instead of taking action to prevent or mitigate the violence to come, the President - and other inciters - chose to spew inflammatory language at the staging area for the attack. 

That could well be another article of impeachment.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

You're doing a much better job of stating/articulating what I am trying to. Thank you!

People need to realize that many people (I know some of them) believe that things weren't completely on the up and up with the election without having outlandish conspiracy theories or wanting the overthrow the government. There are plenty of intelligent friends of mine who believe Covid was leveraged to push through mail-in voting to tip the scales to the left. Those same people did NOT attend the protest or anything last week, but I'm just illustrating that there are people all up and down the spectrum. It's not simply "you either stormed the Capitol or you think Trump is Hitler"

Think about that for a second.  Mail in voting tips the scale to the left because it makes voting more accessible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Think about that for a second.  Mail in voting tips the scale to the left because it makes voting more accessible.

I'm not disagreeing with you or endorsing their points. I'm just trying to point out that there are concerns that some of the right-leaning folks have that aren't laced with conspiracy theories or insurrection. The friend of mine I talk to most about this, she believes that it does make voting more accessible but also makes it much easier for mistakes (not fraud or intentional cheating) to happen. She was sharing stories of people who got multiple mail-in ballots, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Frankly, reading your posts, I have no real idea where you stand on much of anything.  Maybe it's just me and my reading comprehension.

I honestly believe that many in this thread (and on Twitter, etc.) have pre-conceived notions. Unless someone is blasting Trump or his supporters, we are painted as MAGA nuts. That might be why you read something @XxSpearheadxX says that isn't completely anti-Trump and assume something about him/her that isn't true. I've experienced it too. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And now it comes out that the FBI gave advance warning about the violence that was to come at the Capitol.  And instead of taking action to prevent or mitigate the violence to come, the President - and other inciters - chose to spew inflammatory language at the staging area for the attack. 

That could well be another article of impeachment.

Did you hear the recordings when they were calling the National Guard from the capitol and the freaking NG basically blew them off for 30 minutes before they decided to send troops! Unbelievable! 

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm not disagreeing with you or endorsing their points. I'm just trying to point out that there are concerns that some of the right-leaning folks have that aren't laced with conspiracy theories or insurrection. The friend of mine I talk to most about this, she believes that it does make voting more accessible but also makes it much easier for mistakes (not fraud or intentional cheating) to happen. She was sharing stories of people who got multiple mail-in ballots, etc. 

Did they receive multiple ballots or multiple ballot request forms? I must have received over a dozen ballot request forms from the voter information center or some ****.

I actually still have my mail in ballot since I voted early in person. 🤓

Edited by clietas

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's just a bad 'what about' by you, plain and simple.

If the BLM protesters were able to breach the White House and had weapons, zip-ties, anything of that nature, if they weren't shot first - they'd definitely be penalized to the furthest extent of the law for having those items on them, whether they intended to use them to capture Trump or just thought they looked cool and wanted to see what the oval office looked like in person.

Correction:

they would have been massacred on the spot. 

and if we didn’t have enough forces to do it, that’s ok, cause we’d have them there soon enough. 

plain and simple. They got away with it because they’re white. 

(says a guy that’s had plenty of arguments against the white privilege comments over the years here) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Frankly, reading your posts, I have no real idea where you stand on much of anything.  Maybe it's just me and my reading comprehension.

I stand exactly where I say I stand on a particular topic. I am not one to ascribe all of my values to either political party.

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I honestly believe that many in this thread (and on Twitter, etc.) have pre-conceived notions. Unless someone is blasting Trump or his supporters, we are painted as MAGA nuts. That might be why you read something @XxSpearheadxX says that isn't completely anti-Trump and assume something about him/her that isn't true. I've experienced it too. 

Over the last 4 years there’s an element of true here. 

Now? No. Cut the bull****. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'm definitely interested in finding out how the insurrection was funded. So much money behind all this. 

Lots of groups, including the Alabama AG's group:

Alabama AG asks review of his GOP group's rally involvement

Alabama's attorney general is calling for an investigation into who may have authorized a branch of the Republican Attorneys General Association to promote the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., that preceded a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The investigation comes on the heels of a report in Documented, a liberal watchdog group, that said the RAGA's policy arm authorized and paid for a robocall that called on “patriots” to march on the Capitol as Congress was voting to certify the Electoral College results that declared Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 presidential race.

"We are hoping patriots like you will join us to continue to fight to protect the integrity of our elections," said the recording of the robocall obtained by The Associated Press. It closed by saying that the RAGA's Rule of Law Defense Fund had paid for and authorized the call.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

These people fully support overturning a democratic election because they didn't get their way.  TRRRRRRASH.  

I'll allow it counselor. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Over the last 4 years there’s an element of true here. 

Now? No. Cut the bull****. 

Now what? Who is defending trump now? He is a terrible person who says terrible things and now is (rightfully) about to be tried for inciting an attack on the US capital. I haven't heard a single person in this thread say anything other than that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Now what? Who is defending trump now? He is a terrible person who says terrible things and now is (rightfully) about to be tried for inciting an attack on the US capital. I haven't heard a single person in this thread say anything other than that. 

the problem is here, that no ones accusing anyone of defending Trump. 

It’s the whataboutism and false equivalencies in the immediate aftermath of what is on a short list of “where were you when” major moments in this country. 

for me the only other item on that list is 9/11

you seem to have a hard time taking the temperature of the room right now, despite multiple people trying to explain it to you.