Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Infamous MAGA rioter flops at trial when asked basic questions about the Bill of Rights

During his high-profile trial for storming the Capitol on January 6, Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the man photographed with his feet on former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk, was humiliated when prosecutors tricked him into bluffing his way through knowing the Bill of Rights.

Barnett, a former window salesman from Gravette, Arkansas, was backed into this corner shortly after a line of questioning about whether he ever tells "white lies", according to CBS News' Scott MacFarlane on Thursday.

“You love the Constitution?” asked the prosecutor. "Love it!" Barnett said. "First Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett. "Second Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett. "Love the Third Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett. “What’s the Third Amendment?” the prosecutor then followed up. Bigo paused and said, “I don’t know.”

Click on the link for the full article

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Lawmakers seek to bar insurrectionists from holding office

Democratic lawmakers in a handful of states are trying to send a message two years after the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol: Those who engage in an attempted overthrow of the government shouldn’t be allowed to run it.

New York, Connecticut and Virginia are among states where proposed legislation would prohibit anyone convicted of participating in an insurrection from holding public office or a position of public trust, such as becoming a police officer.

While the bills vary in scope, their aim is similar.

“If you’ve tried to take down our government through violent means, in no way should you be part of it,” New York state Sen. Brad Hoylman-Sigal said.

He is sponsoring a bill that would bar people convicted of engaging in an insurrection or rebellion against the United States from holding civil office, meaning they would not be able to serve as a judge or member of the Legislature. Hoylman-Sigal said he introduced the bill this year because he saw more people who were involved in the riot in Washington on Jan. 6, 2021, running for office last year.

He described the assault on the Capitol as “a real attack on the foundations of our free and fair democracy and the values which enable that to persist.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2

I think ya'll are focusing on the wrong thing.  The important thing is he was convicted of all charges.  It's not a huge deal that he has a bit of time to get his affairs in order before he goes to prison for hopefully more than a year (I can't find what his potential sentence might be).  Does anyone really think some loudmouth Arkansas redneck has the capability or means of fleeing the country and evading law enforcement for any period of time?

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Bang said:

No chance of him skipping out, right?
I mean, he's shown he's trustworthy, right?

Why do we treat these traitors with kid gloves?

Haven't we learned a damn thing?

~Bang

if he takes off, it's not like the judge who decided he didn't need to be kept in jail will be held responsible. 

You see white collar execs getting a decade in jail for some ****ty stuff, and a bunch of these guys don't get more? I'm all for the exec getting a decade for embezzling or whatever, but this guy should be 15-20 easy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think ya'll are focusing on the wrong thing.  The important thing is he was convicted of all charges.  It's not a huge deal that he has a bit of time to get his affairs in order before he goes to prison for hopefully more than a year (I can't find what his potential sentence might be).  Does anyone really think some loudmouth Arkansas redneck has the capability or means of fleeing the country and evading law enforcement for any period of time?

Hold up…I’ve got an idea!!

B7C53C0D-FA0F-4737-B9A7-2E1F9AAE435F.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Well, he may not have the means to leave due to his being a dumbass Arkansas redneck,.

But by the same token, what affairs does this dumbass Arkansas redneck need to have in order?
One of the cinderblocks crumbling under his trailer? Not enough plumbing fixtures in the yard? Turn the stove off under his meth pot?

**** this guy. throw him in the damn slammer. He should have gotten his affairs in order before he came to DC to overthrow the government. After all, going to war carries risks.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Does anyone really think some loudmouth Arkansas redneck has the capability or means of fleeing the country and evading law enforcement for any period of time?

You might be overestimating the capability of our fugitive pursuit institutions. :)

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He's had 2 years to get his affairs in order.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, China said:

He's had 2 years to get his affairs in order.

Well, he's innocent until proven guilty, which happened yesterday (and probably thought he would be acquitted because he still appears to think he was in the right here (because he is a Fox News-brainwashed dummy)).

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, he's innocent until proven guilty, which happened yesterday (and probably thought he would be acquitted because he still appears to think he was in the right here (because he is a Fox News-brainwashed dummy)).

PB, you might want to let this one go.  You're fighting an unpopular war, and we know how those end.