Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

38 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"Oh! No, wait!...Hold on now..."

Border security was the best she could come up with on the spot lol...

"Border security" is the first racist dog whistle she could come up with. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"No, I haven't said that"

"Can we put up exhibit 5, please?

"Oh no, wait...hold on now..."

:ols:

On all that is holy, I hope Marcus can beat her up there.  Constituents are rural, and her stupid red-neckness is holding her.  She knows absolutely nothing about anything, except that she has opinions on everything she doesn't know about.  They eat it up there. 

All full of opinions, heads empty of critical thought.  It's amazing to see, kinda like the zoo. 

GOP lawmakers were deeply involved in Trump plans to overturn election, new evidence suggests

Republican members of Congress were heavily involved in calls and meetings with former President Donald Trump and his top aides as they devised a strategy to overturn the election in December 2020, according to new evidence filed in federal court late Friday.

Deposition excerpts filed by the Jan 6. select committee — part of an effort to force former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to appear for an interview — suggest that some of Trump’s top allies in Congress were frequently present in meetings where a handful of strategies to prevent then-President-elect Joe Biden from taking office were discussed, including efforts to replace the leadership of the Justice Department with figures who would sow doubts about the legitimacy of the election.

Lawmakers who attended meetings, in person or by phone, included Reps. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and numerous members of the House Freedom Caucus, according to Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to Meadows who provided key testimony about the conversations and meetings Meadows had in December 2020.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Pence Refusing to Get in Secret Service Car on Jan. 6 'Chilling': Raskin

Former Vice President Mike Pence's refusal to get into a Secret Service vehicle during the January 6 Capitol riot is being called "chilling" as the House select committee prepares to reveal its findings sometime before the end of the year.

Speaking at a Thursday event hosted by the Georgetown University's Center on Faith and Justice, Democratic Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, who is also a member of the committee investigating the Capitol riot, accused former President Donald Trump of attempting to organize a coup to circumvent Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential election and stay in power. During the talk, he called special attention to a tense moment involving Pence, NBC News reported.

After being taken to an undisclosed portion of the Capitol during the riot, Pence's Secret Service agents, whom Raskin suspected were reporting directly to Trump's security detail, asked him to enter an armored limousine. The intent, some have theorized, was to drive Pence away from the building, preventing him from certifying the election results, after he had signaled his unwillingness to go against his duties and keep Trump in power.

"[Pence] uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do."

• Thumb down 1

Jurors reject array of defenses at Capitol riot trials

Jurors have heard — and rejected — an array of excuses and arguments from the first rioters to be tried for storming the U.S. Capitol. The next jury to get a Capitol riot case could hear another novel defense this week at the trial of a retired New York City police officer.

Thomas Webster, a 20-year veteran of the NYPD, has claimed he was acting in self-defense when he tackled a police officer who was trying to protect the Capitol from a mob on Jan. 6, 2021. Webster’s lawyer also has argued that he was exercising his First Amendment free speech rights when he shouted profanities at police that day.

Webster, 56, will be the fourth Capitol riot defendant to get a jury trial. Each has presented a distinct line of defense.

An Ohio man who stole a coat rack from a Capitol office testified he was “following presidential orders” from Donald Trump. An off-duty police officer from Virginia claimed he only entered the Capitol to retrieve a fellow officer. A lawyer for a Texas man who confronted Capitol police accused prosecutors of rushing to judgment against somebody prone to exaggerating.

Those defenses didn’t sway the juries at their respective trials. Collectively, a total of 36 jurors unanimously convicted the three rioters of all 17 counts in their indictments.

Webster faces the same fate if a federal judge’s blistering words are any guide. U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, who will preside over Webster’s trial, has described his videotaped conduct as “among the most indefensible and reprehensible” that the judge has seen among Jan. 6 cases, with “no real defense for it.”

“You were a police officer and you should have known better,” Mehta told Webster during a bond hearing last June, according to a transcript.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

READ: Text messages Sean Hannity, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ivanka Trump and others sent to Mark Meadows

CNN has obtained 2,319 text messages that former President Donald Trump's White House chief of staff Mark Meadows sent and received between Election Day 2020 and President Joe Biden's January 20, 2021 inauguration.

The vast trove of texts, which Meadows selectively provided to the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, offers the most revealing picture to date of how Trump's inner circle, supporters and Republican lawmakers worked behind the scenes to try to overturn the election results and then reacted to the violence that effort unleashed at the Capitol on January 6.

The never-before-seen texts include messages from Trump's family -- daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and son Donald Trump Jr. -- as well as White House and campaign officials, Cabinet members, Republican Party leaders, January 6 rally organizers, Rudy Giuliani, "My Pillow Guy" Mike Lindell, Sean Hannity and other Fox hosts. There are also text exchanges with more than 40 current and former Republican members of Congress, including Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. 

January 17, 2021
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to Mark Meadows

In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don't know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!

Click on the link for more

Marshall?  She is correct, she doesn't know things.  She doesn't know many things.

6dswh4.jpg

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, China said:

READ: Text messages Sean Hannity, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ivanka Trump and others sent to Mark Meadows

CNN has obtained 2,319 text messages that former President Donald Trump's White House chief of staff Mark Meadows sent and received between Election Day 2020 and President Joe Biden's January 20, 2021 inauguration.

The vast trove of texts, which Meadows selectively provided to the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, offers the most revealing picture to date of how Trump's inner circle, supporters and Republican lawmakers worked behind the scenes to try to overturn the election results and then reacted to the violence that effort unleashed at the Capitol on January 6.

The never-before-seen texts include messages from Trump's family -- daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and son Donald Trump Jr. -- as well as White House and campaign officials, Cabinet members, Republican Party leaders, January 6 rally organizers, Rudy Giuliani, "My Pillow Guy" Mike Lindell, Sean Hannity and other Fox hosts. There are also text exchanges with more than 40 current and former Republican members of Congress, including Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. 

Click on the link for more

Marshall?  She is correct, she doesn't know things.  She doesn't know many things.

6dswh4.jpg

Of all the dumbest ****s in the world, she may just be the dumbest.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

And she's got a stronghold on an area about an hour northwest of me. 

If anyone's got a buck, the D guy running against her is Marcus Flowers.  Literally, the mailer I got said, "I'm trying to defeat MTG, HELP ME!"  I gave, and if anyone feels so inclined, I'm sure he could use it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Still recall, decades ago, when National Lampoon ran fake letters to the editor in every issue. 

I do to know the difference!  A hole in the ground is round, and dark, and lies in the ground. And my ass is round, and dark, and lies at the end of my bod -

Wail a minute. This is harder than I thought. 

- Jane Fonda. 

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And she's got a stronghold on an area about an hour northwest of me. 

If anyone's got a buck, the D guy running against her is Marcus Flowers.  Literally, the mailer I got said, "I'm trying to defeat MTG, HELP ME!"  I gave, and if anyone feels so inclined, I'm sure he could use it. 

The counterargument I read is that if people want to donate to candidates, it should be to those who are involved in races where the candidate of your party of choice has a realistic chance to win.

How much money was given to Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham's respective opponents last election?  Both men won handily.

Same will be the case with MTG, unfortunately.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's comments in since-deleted videos contradict testimony on close ties to Capitol rioter

Since-deleted videos from Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's social media contradict comments the GOP congresswoman made at a court hearing on Friday downplaying her ties to a YouTuber and conservative activist who participated in the January 6, 2021, mob that broke into the US Capitol.

Speaking at her hearing, Greene called Anthony Aguero, who CNN's KFile previously reported cheered on and justified the Capitol break-in, "a distant friend," and someone whom she had not spent much time with. Greene said she was unaware Aguero called Greene one of his closest friends. Aguero has not been charged for unlawful entry at the US Capitol on January 6. The FBI previously declined to comment on whether it was investigating Aguero in an email to CNN.

But in past deleted videos, saved by CNN from Greene's time as a political activist, she spoke extensively about her ties to Aguero, repeatedly boasting he was a "dear, dear," "great, great," and "best" friend. Greene spoke about the considerable work the pair had done together, saying the two had "gone to a lot of different events together and do a lot of work together."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Indeed, that's what they all believed. And TFG stalled in calling it off. Pence knew what danger he was in because he didn't get into the Secret Service limo. Who were the Secret Service agents/people in that limo and are they still employed by our government? And if so, why?

• Like 1

Oath Keepers Member Jailed in Seditious Conspiracy Case Accused of Obstructing Justice in Recorded Jailhouse Calls

An Oath Keepers member jailed earlier this year in the sprawling seditious conspiracy case tried to obstruct justice in a pair of jailhouse phone calls recorded on the evening before his bail hearing, federal prosecutors said.

Edward Vallejo, a 63-year-old resident of Phoenix, Arizona, failed in his first attempt at bail in January, when prosecutors quoted him speaking about discussing the possibility of “armed conflict” and “guerilla war” in a federal indictment.

Acknowledging that Vallejo is not young, Justice Department attorney Louis Manzo told a magistrate judge earlier this year that the suspect was “dangerous.” Vallejo allegedly traveled thousands of miles across the country for the extremist group’s so-called quick reaction force, a subset of members who allegedly waited at a Comfort Inn just outside city limits with an “arsenal” of weapons.

If called by former President Donald Trump, the so-called “QRF” planned to ferry across the Potomac with those weapons, prosecutors say.

“I Think You Will Understand”

On Jan. 19, the night before his bail hearing, Vallejo allegedly found out what prosecutors learned about his activities inside the Comfort Inn Ballston from an unidentified man. Prosecutors say that this caller described a photograph released by the government showing Vallejo rolling a dolly with two bins that the government believes contain weapons.

• Thumb up 1