Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Subpoena Preceded Search Warrant in Push to Retrieve Material From Trump

Former President Donald J. Trump received a subpoena this spring in search of documents that federal investigators believed he had failed to turn over earlier in the year, when he returned boxes of material he had improperly taken with him upon moving out of the White House, three people familiar with the matter said.

The existence of the subpoena helps to flesh out the sequence of events that led to the search of Mr. Trump’s Florida home on Monday by F.B.I. agents seeking classified material they believed might still be there, even after efforts by the National Archives and the Justice Department to ensure that it had been returned.

The subpoena suggests that the Justice Department tried methods short of a search warrant to account for the material before taking the politically explosive step of sending F.B.I. agents unannounced to Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s home and members-only club.

Two people briefed on the classified documents that investigators believe remained at Mar-a-Lago indicated that they were so sensitive in nature, and related to national security, that the Justice Department had to act.

The subpoena was first disclosed by John Solomon, a conservative journalist who has also been designated by Mr. Trump as one of his representatives to the National Archives.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The last couple weeks has been great for this country. It’s actually brought me a little hope, just a little, but enough so that I’m smiling. 

this is the first time in years that my wife and I haven’t constantly complained about how this country is handling things. 

i don’t expect this to continue, but I’m loving the relief at the moment

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

****'s getting real! Yay! He's not gonna be able to be a candidate. And no one else has a leg to stand on to support him. They're all going to be jockeying for the nomination in 2024 and distance themselves from TFG, then risk losing TFG's base and they don't have enough to make up for it. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Fox News and conservative commentators have to be absolutely ****ting themselves right now because they have no idea what to say.  They can’t take any kind of position until they hear from Dear Leader as to what the company line is.

Gonna be a lot of stammering on the news tonight.

• Like 2