Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It doesn’t really matter anymore. Anyone who hates Trump will believe he lunged for the wheel no matter what.  Any testimony to the contrary will be viewed as lying/perjury. 

MAGAs are already saying how she wasn’t credible, this was lying testimony. 

There are no facts anymore. 

His lunging at the steering wheel never sounded believable to me, he’s a fat man in his 70s.  He isn’t going to lunge at anything, much less climb over seats and wrestle for control of a vehicle.  This isn’t Hollywood where old guys with a “particular set of skills” set about physically dominating men in their prime.  

That part of this doesn’t matter.  What matters is that he wanted to go and that his people knew that what was going to happen was bad.  Trump said on stage in front of all the cameras that he planned to go with his little mob of insurrectionists so there’s no denying his intentions.  A White House lawyer told advisors that under no circumstances could they go, because they’d be charged with all the crimes prior to Jan 6.  Rudy and Meadows knowing beforehand that it was going to be bad also matters.  

what they knew and when they knew it is important.  Wether or not the orange old man simply ordered his driver to turn the car around or lunged for the wheel, does not.  

Hahaha... of course some people will give very carefully testimony in a way to descredit the witness today.  And Trumps "legal defense fund" or whatever will just have to give up a few $million.  

He didn't "lunge" at the steering wheel... he juat shifted around in his seat. 

He didn't assault anyone.  He just assaulted the car.

Trump has acted like a child leading up to the Presidency.  This does put Secret Service agents in a bad position, but only due to a horrible President. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

let them.  Just be sure to ask them if Trump wanted them to turn the car around and join the insurrection or not.  Let’s clear up exactly what happened inside that car.  All under oath, none of this statements in the media bull****.  For too long everyone pointing the finger at Trump done so under oath, while his defenders have fought like hell to avoid being in a positions where lies have a cost.  

anyone of his people that were there and want to testify under oath should be welcomed with open arms.  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

let them.  Just be sure to ask them if Trump wanted them to turn the car around and join the insurrection or not.  Let’s clear up exactly what happened inside that car.  All under oath, none of this statements in the media bull****.  For too long everyone pointing the finger at Trumps done so under oath, while his defenders have fought like hell to avoid being in a positions where lies have a cost.  

anyone of his people that were there and want to testify under oath should be welcomed with open arms.  

Totally agree. Let them dispute it. But nothing in the media means anything from these people. They lie out of habit. Under oath or it’s meaningless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Totally agree. Let them dispute it. But nothing in the media means anything from these people. They lie out of habit. Under oath or it’s meaningless. 

Under oath is not a high enough bar for these low life cumstains.

10 minutes ago, China said:

I can't imagine the committee wouldn't subpoena the driver of "The Beast" to corroborate that story, or that Tony Ornato guy.  No way they are flying with just Cassidy's solo testimony. 

The problem is the back and forth kinda discredits everything else she said. This stuff has to be airtight to move anyone not firmly anti-trump, even independents. Seeing these disputes pop up just gives them a reason to ignore it and say both sides or who really knows etc. 

Cant believe the committee let this go on without a second person to back it up. If they didn’t have that, don’t bring this up, stick to the weapons part which is the bigger story anyway which is now been completely overshadowed by the he said/she said of the dumb steering wheel story 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

His lunging at the steering wheel never sounded believable to me, he’s a fat man in his 70s.  He isn’t going to lunge at anything, much less climb over seats and wrestle for control of a vehicle.

Add knowing about The Beast to things that everyone is an expert in.  Sheesh, what's next Destino?  Fishing stories?

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

So to zoom out all the way. For just a second. 

it is entirely possible we’re watching the most significant thing in the history of our country.

Front row seats. Pretty awesome. 

I've zoomed way the **** out.  I'm not sure if this is the most significant thing in the history of our country, there was a skirmish between 1861 and 1865 that probably rivals this by a good bit.  And of course, that whole thing against those limey Brits in which we declared our independence looms large.  WWI, WWII, etc.

Now...things not war related?  Yes, I might agree with you there.  It's certainly in the top 3.  

The pathetic thing here is that there's a good swath of the country that doesn't believe that this is a big deal.  And they'll continue to believe that, no matter the outcome, that this wasn't a big deal, witch hunt, etc.  

I mean, I wasn't alive for Watergate but my rudimentary understanding of it all was that even the Republicans were like "Yeah, Dick, you ****ed up."  It was something that everyone knew was wrong.  And I don't think (again, could be wrong) that Republicans were trying to make excuses, cover for it, downplay it, etc.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

It’s just an own goal. They had no defense for the first hand account of the weapons and metal detectors story and even simply saying he wanted to go the Capitol on his own. That is awful. But instead right wing media gets to litigate the steering wheel and discredit the entire thing and avoid even discussing the actual bombshell of the testimony 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've zoomed way the **** out.  I'm not sure if this is the most significant thing in the history of our country

just… for a second… it’s possible…

we’re watching a former president go on trial for trying to overthrow the government 

sorry that’s #1 if it goes that way 

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, I wasn't alive for Watergate but my rudimentary understanding of it all was that even the Republicans were like "Yeah, Dick, you ****ed up."

That may be what we’re watching 

maybe…

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

just… for a second… it’s possible…

we’re watching a former president go on trial for trying to overthrow the government 

sorry that’s #1 if it goes that way 

That may be what we’re watching 

maybe…

We can agree to disagree.  I mean, even if he's on trial for that, I will agree it's way up there.  But I don't think it bumps off any of the significant wars that have shaped the course of this country or the world.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Add knowing about The Beast to things that everyone is an expert in.  Sheesh, what's next Destino?  Fishing stories?

I've zoomed way the **** out.  I'm not sure if this is the most significant thing in the history of our country, there was a skirmish between 1861 and 1865 that probably rivals this by a good bit.  And of course, that whole thing against those limey Brits in which we declared our independence looms large.  WWI, WWII, etc.

Now...things not war related?  Yes, I might agree with you there.  It's certainly in the top 3.  

I mean, I wasn't alive for Watergate but my rudimentary understanding of it all was that even the Republicans were like "Yeah, Dick, you ****ed up."  It was something that everyone knew was wrong.  And I don't think (again, could be wrong) that Republicans were trying to make excuses, cover for it, downplay it, etc.  

Only when the tapes came out.  Prior to that a good portion of the country, probably similar in %'s to MAGAts, were on the we like Dick bandwagon.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I know next to nothing about The Beast, other than it has a terrible nickname and the president rides around in it.  I do have some experience in dealing with angry old men in their 70s thanks to my father.  They don’t lunge, because doing so causes them physical pain and leaves them sore the following day.  What they do is complain and get all fussy about anything and everything.  

And I do not share fishing stories because all mine are boring.  No one I go fishing with ever has the decency to fall off the pier or set a hook in anyone else’s face.  I’m surrounded by unrelenting competence.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Take me fishing bro!  

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Please may I join you ?

I’ll be somewhere on the Chesapeake Bay on Saturday, you’re both welcome to find me.  I’d tell you where but I don’t know.  The guy driving just keeps saying “I know a spot” which either means he does have a spot, or he’s planning on murdering me.  We’ll see.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, China said:

My "fun" fishing story:  When I was a kid fishing, I went to cast, and accidentally hooked the dog behind me in the tongue.  Lots of whimpering and difficulty in getting the hook out.  Good times.

There is no emoji reaction for that story lol…

My “fun” fishing story: when I was around 10 yrs old I went fishing with some friends—first time ever fishing. One friend let me borrow a rod. We walked to Lake Anne in Reston going thru the woods. At one point I realized I stepped in a big pile of dog ****, and jumped backwards to get out of it…and immediately stepped onto a hornets nest that has fallen on the ground. Got stung a billion times on my right ankle as I ran away crying. Friends calmed me down, we kept on walking to Lake Anne, my ankle in pain. Finally got there and started fishing, got a bite…and my rod instantly broke in half lol. Never fished again.

**** fishing.

• Haha 4