Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Add to that, I'm waiting for more info on Pence's concern for his safety getting in that car and being taken to an "undisclosed location" during an Insurrection attempt.

From what I've read, he was more convinced the Secret Service that came to take him from the captiol were more focused in helping Trump then protecting Pence.

Another reason I wished he'd co-operate more with Jan 6 investigation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

The compromise here is to not allow Pence some sort of hero status so he can use to court moderates in his bid for Presidecy himself for doing his job.

Because up until this point, he concerned me as a possible Smart Trump, but he has a line that I don't think matters if he's elected for one or two terms, because of how it will setup the GOP for the future.

He helped Trump purge our government of non-loyalist, it's not safe to hope he wouldn't  continue the process of what it takes to keep GOP in power and achieve his vision for the country, it's not jus Trump that's anti-democracy now.  He's probably salivating at prospect of the SCOTUS Trump added three judges to killing Roe, he is NOT our friend.

You want to give him top 5 momemt in our country's history for staying and certifying the vote, fine, we are indeed fd if he doesn't.  But God help us if Pence is President himself one day.

56 minutes ago, tshile said:

Just to put a bow on my ranting and call it a day - I completely get and understand what all if you are saying and why you feel that way about pence. I respect your opinions on it. We just see this one thing quite a bit differently, and that’s fine. 

I do think it's right to give Pence some credit for standing up to the relentless pressure exerted on him. 

And notice the Joint Committee did just that... they conferred a sort of hero status on him for doing the right thing.  And that's by design... along with almost every witness being a conservative Republican.  They are trying to preach beyond the choir. Praising Pence and telling the story through GOP witnesses is how they're trying to do that.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Considering the realities of what was happening that day and that Pence's assassination was indeed planned to occur--and the realities of what would have happened if he went along with what Trump wanted--painting Pence in anything other than a positive light would have diluted the seriousness of the events of January 6th. You can't both say the ramifications of Pence following Trump's orders would have been catastrophic while also saying Pence not following Trump's orders is no big deal, he was just doing his job. I get why they were emphasizing that Pence put "the Constitution above party" in that moment...or more specifically, put the Constitution above Donald Trump.

Because portraying Pence as some sort of last line of defense isn't to prop up Pence as a hero, but to really underscore and illustrate how close the events of Jan 6th came to undoing our democracy...because the GOP machine has spent a year and a half downplaying those events as "legitimate political discourse" and a "Tourist visit", and are still doing so now.
Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Stack of phones?

Does this twitter poster have xray vision or something? 

I see nothing but one phone.

Looks like a phone and a monster energy drink to me lol. But I think the “Monster” is supposed to be multiple other phones 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Considering the realities of what was happening that day and that Pence's assassination was indeed planned to occur--and the realities of what would have happened if he went along with what Trump wanted--painting Pence in anything other than a positive light would have diluted the seriousness of the events of January 6th. You can't both say the ramifications of Pence following Trump's orders would have been catastrophic while also saying Pence not following Trump's orders is no big deal, he was just doing his job. I get why they were emphasizing that Pence put "the Constitution above party" in that moment...or more specifically, put the Constitution above Donald Trump.

Because portraying Pence as some sort of last line of defense isn't to prop up Pence as a hero, but to really underscore and illustrate how close the events of Jan 6th came to undoing our democracy...because the GOP machine has spent a year and a half downplaying those events as "legitimate political discourse" and a "Tourist visit", and are still doing so now.

If anything, you want to sell Pence as the guy doing the right thing JUST BECAUSE you can get other Republicans to follow suit. You don’t want people feeling like they have to stick with Trump cause no one would appreciate them if they switched sides anyway. 

I personally think he was just doing the only thing he could do to save his skin. But were I in a conversation with people I know are supporters trump I would be making he look like he did the right thing and saved everyone just so they can see that there is another path to being a Republican other than destroying the ****ing nation. 

I personally think he was acting selfishly though. He’s a politician. And a Republican one. I don’t trust him for ****. 

Im not confused about this lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I do think it's right to give Pence some credit for standing up to the relentless pressure exerted on him. 

And notice the Joint Committee did just that... they conferred a sort of hero status on him for doing the right thing.  And that's by design... along with almost every witness being a conservative Republican.  They are trying to preach beyond the choir. Praising Pence and telling the story through GOP witnesses is how they're trying to do that.

It's a catch-22, those olive branches could end up being future campaign ads.

I jus wish there was a way to get justice here with trying to make anyone feel good about it.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Add to that, I'm waiting for more info on Pence's concern for his safety getting in that car and being taken to an "undisclosed location" during an Insurrection attempt.

From what I've read, he was more convinced the Secret Service that came to take him from the captiol were more focused in helping Trump then protecting Pence.

Another reason I wished he'd co-operate more with Jan 6 investigation.

My understanding is that the didn't get the car because he was worried about what Secret Service was going to do him, but because he wanted to stay on location to finish up the certification.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

My understanding is that the didn't get the car because he was worried about what Secret Service was going to do him, but because he wanted to stay on location to finish up the certification.

Same, jus wanted additional clarification from Pence himself on that (and don't blame him if he was also concerned about that as well).

He should set the record straight himself in that one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

And according to testimony he specifically said he would not give the world video of him fleeing the capitol. 

Which makes total sense to me. 

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This. 1000x this. 

the goal here is to create movement such that the GOP has to change course in this. 

the goal is polling. 

For my money, GOP leadership doesn’t want trump 2024 either. 

Is it dumb this is how we have to deal with a potential coup?

of course. 

but you play the hand your dealt. We have ****ty cards. You still make the most of them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a catch-22, those olive branches could end up being future campaign ads.

I jus wish there was a way to get justice here with trying to make anyone feel good about it.

If it's any comfort to you, Mike Pence doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Looks like a phone and a monster energy drink to me lol. But I think the “Monster” is supposed to be multiple other phones 

Yeah that is clearly a monster energy drink .

715YGh8wElL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Open up the picture.  There are three circles.  His hand.  His ass.  His hip.  He has three phones.

Definitely didn't click through to the full image - thanks.

You all are nuts.  Republicans sold the country to Trump for their own agenda/power, including Pence, McConnell, etc.  They all should have quit -- but the truth is not the narrative they speak to.  

Who cares if democracy gets trampled a bit.. it's all about keeping power... I mean beating those evil Democrats is way more important....

4 hours ago, PeterMP said:

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Same, jus wanted additional clarification from Pence himself on that (and don't blame him if he was also concerned about that as well).

He should set the record straight himself in that one.

The last hearing had a witness also say that, when someone said to Pence that he would be safe if he got in the car, responded with something like “No offense, but you’re not the one driving the car.” It came across as if he didn’t know who to trust.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The last hearing had a witness also say that, when someone said to Pence that he would be safe if he got in the car, responded with something like “No offense, but you’re not the one driving the car.” It came across as if he didn’t know who to trust.

I don't think he felt threatened physically. The explanation was that he didn't trust that they wouldn't drive him away once he got in the car, which he did NOT want to do.  That was the explanation from his chief counsel yesterday, who said Pence was determined to finish the certification on that day and did not want to have the world see the Vice President evacuating the Capitol in the face of a riot.