Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac Thread Week 18: Playoff Edition!WFT fresh off their NFC East Title from the WTF game (Giants are still mad) take on Tampa Timeless Tommy who has been playing before our players were conceived.Sat Nite!Also Judge will kill Doug Pederson.

RichmondRedskin88

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Smiths first start this season WAS the lions game, which we lost. The other two, i agree

You know what you are correct. With that said, didn't he put the team in position to win with about :45 seconds left in the game and then.......?

I think my overall point which I made sloppily is that we probably underrated just how much Haskins was holding the team back.  I have no illusion that this team was some sort of contender or primed to make much noise in the playoffs, but I looking at the team overall and those first two months where the defense kept the team in pretty  much every game, I have to believe that had it been Smith in Week 1 and he was able to stay healthy, with perhaps Kyle Allen getting a couple starts mixed in?  This team would have been looked at differently going into the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

You know what you are correct. With that said, didn't he put the team in position to win with about :45 seconds left in the game and then.......?

I think my overall point which I made sloppily is that we probably underrated just how much Haskins was holding the team back.  I have no illusion that this team was some sort of contender or primed to make much noise in the playoffs, but I looking at the team overall and those first two months where the defense kept the team in pretty  much every game, I have to believe that had it been Smith in Week 1 and he was able to stay healthy, with perhaps Kyle Allen getting a couple starts mixed in?  This team would have been looked at differently going into the playoffs.

It's time to let all that go. That was in the regular season.  Haskins/cancer is gone.  All that bad blood has been expressed.

We're in the playoffs now.  The slate has been cleaned.  We're still alive for the Super Bowl believe it or not!  and it starts by knocking the stuffing outta Tom Brady!

Hauled cattle today than took the truck for its first oil change..had a cow lay down in the trailer on the way to the sell and had to unfortunately put it down when i got back to the farm..ugg farm life..tommorow I'm up shortly before 2am to deliver milk so it will be a busy day...I'll get up Saturday morning and rub my prime rib I'm doing sunday evening than I'll just relax the rest of Saturday anticipating the game..good night yall..145 comes early 

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hauled cattle today than took the truck for its first oil change..had a cow lay down in the trailer on the way to the sell and had to unfortunately put it down when i got back to the farm..ugg farm life..tommorow I'm up shortly before 2am to deliver milk so it will be a busy day...I'll get up Saturday morning and rub my prime rib I'm doing sunday evening than I'll just relax the rest of Saturday anticipating the game..good night yall..145 comes early 

Sounds like a rough day. Hope tomorrow’s a better one for you. 

So I'm getting myself hyped for this game by watching old games from our glory years and my how beautiful it is. A lot of the games are available on youtube in full version and my how it brings back memories. I didn't realize how much I loved Alvin Walton and how afraid Elway looked when he saw Manley coming for him in the second quarter of SB22 (Manley missed him and Elway got a nice run on the drive that they missed a FG but you could tell that after that Walton sack. But man that second quarter was so beautiful. I remember the dread of seeing Williams go down and thinking I don't like Schreoder, but Williams wasn't looking good before that anyway. Then he comes back in the game to start the second and quickly throws a deepball to Ricky Sanders for 80 yards and the TD and suddenly the largest comeback in SB history had begun. Then came the Gary Clark TD, the Timmy Smith TD (#36 baby), the next Sanders TD, and the Clint Didier TD before the half. It was so beautiful. 

Next game I'm watching is 82 Dallas. I don't remember that one because I was so young but watching it now (paused it at Redskins up 14-3) and its beautiful. 

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nothing...as usual, however it is 420

420, what a perfect number. Enjoy! I’m starting a glass of Jack & Coke. 

someone PLEASE tell me everything’s going to be ok tomorrow night. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

No, it's not.

It's 1/08

In reduced fractions, 1/5. Maybe he’s celebrating a few days late? 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, what’s everyone drinking tonight? I’m beyond nervous for tomorrow night. Someone tell me it’s going to be ok. Tell me we’re going to win. 

Red wine. It is going to be okay. We are going to win.... Chase and the gang will take care of Brady. They will make him make errant throws for a couple of INTs that will result in TD or 3 points. :)

On 1/5/2021 at 8:35 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly I’m more nervous than i thought I’d be leading up to Saturday nights game.....if we win.....DC is gonna go crazy i think. 

Most of the district are ravens fans now, doubt they'd care much

7 minutes ago, steven11 said:

Most of the district are ravens fans now, doubt they'd care much

I meant “go crazy” in a good way, meaning everyone will be out in skins gear in public the whole week. I wasnt implying people would literally be out in the streets partying right after the game. 

Didn't remember Danny White going down. That was a nasty hit by Manley. But that was a great game to watch 

Now I'm watching the championship game from 84 against the 49ers.

This is one of my first memories but not the game itself, just is winning it. Now I'm watching it and it's a really good game. It's a lot easier knowing we win, but man I couldn't imagine not going crazy with the comeback. 

And wow, i miss John Madden. He was just describing a block and Bostic and how to block its just great. 

And another thing is i forgot how unappreciated Charlie Brown is. He was followed by the Possie so people act like we had nothing before them. But Brown was good. 

Archived