Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac Thread Week 18: Playoff Edition!WFT fresh off their NFC East Title from the WTF game (Giants are still mad) take on Tampa Timeless Tommy who has been playing before our players were conceived.Sat Nite!Also Judge will kill Doug Pederson.

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, what’s everyone drinking tonight? I’m beyond nervous for tomorrow night. Someone tell me it’s going to be ok. Tell me we’re going to win. 

An easy night for me... single glass of Lagavulin 8, neat. For tomorrow, I’ll dust off the remnants of my bottle of Buffalo Trace, which I drank for the Eagles game last week. 

(we’re prob not going to win, and that’s ok)

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Didn't remember Danny White going down. That was a nasty hit by Manley. But that was a great game to watch 

Now I'm watching the championship game from 84 against the 49ers.

This is one of my first memories but not the game itself, just is winning it. Now I'm watching it and it's a really good game. It's a lot easier knowing we win, but man I couldn't imagine not going crazy with the comeback. 

And wow, i miss John Madden. He was just describing a block and Bostic and how to block its just great. 

And another thing is i forgot how unappreciated Charlie Brown is. He was followed by the Possie so people act like we had nothing before them. But Brown was good. 

Madden and Sommerall were just so freaking good together. That 84 game is just amazing too. I watched it not long ago.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

An easy night for me... single glass of Lagavulin 8, neat. For tomorrow, I’ll dust off the remnants of my bottle of Buffalo Trace, which I drank for the Eagles game last week. 

(we’re prob not going to win, and that’s ok)

Lagavulin?  I admire your ability to drink the only scotch I've ever re-gifted.  i'm not much of a drinker these days, but when I did, it was Aberlour, Balvenie, Oban, stuff like that.  Being out here on the left coast, I'm doing pot pills.  ABX softgells, 3x50 mg. 🪁

Whatever your poison:

:cheers:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Madden and Sommerall were just so freaking good together. That 84 game is just amazing too. I watched it not long ago.

What's interesting is watching these old games its not some fluff coaches. Joe Gibbs really has an Ali like coaching record. He went against the bests and beat them. He lost to them too, but he was up against Parcells, Walsh, Reeves, Ditka, Levy, Landry. It's not just him getting lucky and getting an easy road. It's beating the best and some of the best teams in the playoffs. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, what’s everyone drinking tonight? I’m beyond nervous for tomorrow night. Someone tell me it’s going to be ok. Tell me we’re going to win. 

Foursquare zinfandel rum neat.

And also, its all going to be okay @Cooleyfan1993.  We got to the playoffs with a quarterback who almost lost his leg and a 1st year coach battling cancer during the worst pandemic of our lifetimes...we've already won.

• Like 1

I'm smoking too. Lavender incense. I'm drinking too. ****ing Chamomile tea. Banging lines of somenex cut with melatonin too. 

Freaking wild man still has it at 47! 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

What's interesting is watching these old games its not some fluff coaches. Joe Gibbs really has an Ali like coaching record. He went against the bests and beat them. He lost to them too, but he was up against Parcells, Walsh, Reeves, Ditka, Levy, Landry. It's not just him getting lucky and getting an easy road. It's beating the best and some of the best teams in the playoffs. 

There was no easy football back then against the good teams. It was so much more intense too. You could just feel those games so much.

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm smoking too. Lavender incense. I'm drinking too. ****ing Chamomile tea. Banging lines of somenex cut with melatonin too. 

Freaking wild man still has it at 47! 

Try some valerian root with that melatonin...though telling you that may not be appropriate content for the insomniac thread.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Red wine. It is going to be okay. We are going to win.... Chase and the gang will take care of Brady. They will make him make errant throws for a couple of INTs that will result in TD or 3 points. :)

Think about this for a second:  we don't just have one Chase, we have one on the other side of the ball anchoring a line that PFF rated 6th.  6th?  WFT?  Yeah.  WFT's Chase-ing even higher next year.  WFT.  Properly managing personnel, this team could go places.  Man, I so hope we go after guys who will fit in with that team in the locker room, who look at the camaraderie on this team (especially without you know) and say, "I want to be in a locker room like that."  When you see Gibbs I video of some Redskins coach sauntering into the locker room after a game and the guys are just havin' a grand time; if we're sitting there imagining ourselves in that room, I gotta think that guys who play the game want it too.  It's not just a winning locker room, it's a locker room of guys who all really like and fight for each other.  At least, that's the vibe I get.  Keep farming the DMV.  You get a critical mass and they'll be the most motivated team in the league.  They will have literally grown up together in the sense that it's their home metropolitan area even if one guy's PG County and the other guy's FFx Co).  Yeah, abx softells.  Good stuff.

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Made a huge everclear smoothie.  I’m feeling really good right now and it’s healthy.  Question though- Are we having minor earthquakes or is it just my room moving? 

I'm in the same city that you are.

Nope.

You're hammered.

• Haha 2

Screw it. I’m drunk. We’re winning tonight and shocking the world. All we need is a chance, we have that chance. 

(my worries and hopes are for sure going to change throughout the day......but LETS GO!!! let’s shut up Brady. Or at least give us ideas how to stop them in 2021 regular season.

WHY NOT US

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Screw it. I’m drunk. We’re winning tonight and shocking the world. All we need is a chance, we have that chance. 

(my worries and hopes are for sure going to change throughout the day......but LETS GO!!! let’s shut up Brady. Or at least give us ideas how to stop them in 2021 regular season.

WHY NOT US

YESSIR!!!!!

We're gonna have to dial-up the dirty Bostic blitz!!!!

sit tom's pretty ass down on the grass!

• Like 1

Love the fact I'm just getting up as some of you are still partying.

Decided not to drink last night as it is my morning to get up with the 4 year old today (Arranged specifically so I don't have to get up tomorrow after watching WFT - it's a 1:30am kick off here in the UK)

I'll have a few tonight but not going to get hammered - this is the 3rd time I've seen us in the playoffs and I bareloy remember the other two!

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Decided not to drink last night as it is my morning to get up with the 4 year old today (Arranged specifically so I don't have to get up tomorrow after watching WFT - it's a 1:30am kick off here in the UK)

I'll have a few tonight but not going to get hammered - this is the 3rd time I've seen us in the playoffs and I bareloy remember the other two!

Hello from Seattle.

im loving this global support of our playoff achievement.

”the sun doesn’t set on the redskins empire...”

HTTR, mate

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Just get hammered and make it 3 in a row. Embrace your playoff tradition.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Hello from Seattle.

im loving this global support of our playoff achievement.

”the sun doesn’t set on the redskins empire...”

HTTR, mate

Haha thanks dude - I'm not new to the party though, I've been watching the team since McNabb.

There's a few of us dotted around the UK and I managed to meet up with a few good people off here for the London game. 

Only ever seen one other guy randomly wearing skins gear over here (back when we were the Skins). 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just get hammered and make it 3 in a row. Embrace your playoff tradition.

That's tempting. Maybe we'll see how the game goes and I can adjust my intake accordingly!!!

Where are you based btw 74?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

That's tempting. Maybe we'll see how the game goes and I can adjust my intake accordingly!!!

Where are you based btw 74?

Way up north, Cumbria. Not a fan of the 1.30am kickoff. The middle kick off would have been idea, 9/10pm Saturday. Not to worry. 

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Way up north, Cumbria. Not a fan of the 1.30am kickoff. The middle kick off would have been idea, 9/10pm Saturday. Not to worry. 

Ah fair enough, nice part of the world - you near the lakes or further out? - think Bullock is somewhere up North too isn't he? I'm just south of Birmingham (well, just out of Worcester). Agree, middle kick off is the dream, late kick offs suck, but at least it's late Saturday instead of late Sunday!!! and to be fair, at least it's a playoff weekend in January and we actually care about the kick off time of the games!! Makes a change!

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The middle start would’ve been the dog’s bollocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

The middle start would’ve been the dog’s bollocks

Haha agree. Made me laugh that.

8 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Ah fair enough, nice part of the world - you near the lakes or further out? - think Bullock is somewhere up North too isn't he? I'm just south of Birmingham. Agree, middle kick off is the dream, late kick offs suck, but at least it's late Saturday instead of late Sunday!!! and to be fair, at least it's a playoff weekend in January and we actually care about the kick off time of the games!! Makes a change!

Yeah south lakes area. Beautiful when you can get out to see it. About 3 hours north of you I’d say. Too right about the game, it’s an unexpected bonus week. At the least I hope Chase and the DL give Brady some heat.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haha agree. Made me laugh that.

Yeah south lakes area. Beautiful when you can get out to see it. About 3 hours north of you I’d say. Too right about the game, it’s an unexpected bonus week. At the least I hope Chase and the DL give Brady some heat.

Been up to the lakes a couple of times, Windermere and Ullswater, both absolutely stunning. On my list to get back once the pandemic is over and get my backside up Helvellyn. Fingers crossed for an even more unexpected game next week and a shot at Rodgers!! (Sidenote - I think Rodgers would be kryptonite to this Defense. Too elusive!)

• Like 1