Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

On 4/8/2021 at 5:31 AM, UK Skins said:

I've slept on this but do now feel I need to make a comment. What makes you think the fans at Wembley are any less knowledgeable than the average American fan? Following the NFL in Europe takes commitment and the majority of fans take the game very seriously. These aren't brain dead idiots that cheer when their team are on offense or don't know the difference between Offensive or Defensive PI. I know fans of the game that go to all three/four games. Personally I will only watch the Redskins/WFT but each to their own.

I get the neutral venue comment of course, although I thought they did a good job of making the Bengals home field advantage as strong as possible.

No disrespect at all intended to any UK fans of the WFT or anybody living in the UK in general.  I'm just used to the typical NFL start times. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

If we win the division with this 2021 schedule, this team could be in for a truly special 2022 season. Look at these good QBs we play in 2021: Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott x2, and to a lesser extent Matt Ryan and Derek Carr. Luckily we don't have Drew Brees from a few years ago with this schedule, otherwise it would have been him as well. 

We did pretty well against Russell Wilson last year, but their strategy was to establish the short passing game. Brady, on the other hand, absolutely shredded us and exposed our pass defense, proving we had a potential crack in our armor. The staff is most definitely aware that the strategy most teams are going to adopt will be to establish the short passing game against us, I just hope we obtain the players that can defend against this. 

We improved by upgrading from Darby to Jackson, but if we want to hang with the big boys and be able to stop them from shredding us, we have to be able to cover the pass on all levels. There are so many good passers in the NFL now that a single weak link can be easily exposed. There are 3 things I question with our pass defense currently: Can we find a LB that can cover? Can we depend on Jeremy Reaves to stop the deep pass? Lastly, can Kendall Fuller hold is own on the outside in M2M coverage? 

I definitely got the vibe from Rivera's most recent press conference that M2M is going to be used a bunch more this year on defense. I think we need one or two more players that specialize in this area. 

I would stop at your 1st sentence and say that we could be in for a special 2021 season if we win the division with the schedule we play. Why wait for 2022? I believe Fitz or Heiny will make a huge immediate difference next year and I'm banking on our defense being much better with some key additions in the draft and maybe in a late free agent signing. 

• Like 1

We won't be getting the schedule until after the draft but if I made our 2021 schedule:

Week 1:  @Giants - Start off on the road against a team that's owned us last few years. 

Week 2: MNF- Bucs- we play the Superbowl champs in primetime.

Week 3: @ Broncos

Week 4: SNF- Chiefs- we play the Superbowl losers in primetime.

Week 5: @ Raiders

Week 6: Cowboys

Week 7: Chargers

Week 8: Eagles

Week 9: @ Falcons in London- we are Falcons game for their London game.  Get it out of  the way.

Week 10: Bye

Week 11: @Eagles

Week 12: @Panthers

Week 13: Seahawks

Week 14: Giants

Week 15: SNF- @Packers

Week 16: @ Bills

Week 17:  Saints

Week 18: @ Dallas- yes, we close the season on road.  I think this game could be for the division title.  Could be a possible SNF game flex.

Just looking at this; I still don't see more than 10 wins and more than likely 9-8.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The cross conference same division standing game isn't going to be the finale, I don't know why people keep assuming that. The final game being all division games is fantastic and will stay.

Because people are stupid and assume “17th game” means literally the final week of the season. No. It just means it’s a 17th opponent 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Because people are stupid and assume “17th game” means literally the final week of the season. No. It just means it’s a 17th opponent 😂

There's no bye week in the last quarter of the season so everyone's 17th game is the final week.

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

There's no bye week in the last quarter of the season so everyone's 17th game is the final week.

That’s not what i was getting at 😂 i was saying that just because each team got an extra team as the 17th game, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen in the final game of the season. But people are stupid, as me and @Warhead36 were saying

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

I think we get three national TV games (one being the obvious Thursday Night game).  I think our National TV games will be:

MNF:  @ Vegas

TNF:  @ Carolina (Ron's Return)

SNF:  Dallas

The schedule release will now always be after the draft. 

The nfl ever expanding the key offseason moments:

March - Free Agency

Late April/Early May - Draft

May- Schedule release 

This will give the nfl another key off-season date; later in the offseason. Also, the nfl can factor which draft picks they may want to highlight.

• Like 1

The buccaneers tweeted yesterday “which team do you want to see us play in the home opener” and you will not believe how many morons have been saying “patriots” (which is an AWAY GAME) and chiefs (who they don’t even play this season). 

wheh i call people out on this, a few have said “it says who do you WANT to see us play, not who do you THINK we will play” 

.......yeah, except it’s literally based off of which teams the Bucs are playing at home this season 😂😂 that’s quite literally the whole point of the tweet!! 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 11:16 AM, SAli457180 said:

Hoping for a Week 1 matchup vs the Vagiants home or away to snap that losing streak...

This is what I'm hoping for also, especially after the way we ripped their hearts at the end of last season.

And a home game against the cowboys to end the season.

Here is my Mock: I think the league/networks are going to view us a "safe" bet this year in terms of national windows. I don't think we will be plastered on the national schedule, but we will make plenty of prominent appearances-- schedule boasts a lot of marquee franchises and we know that the NFCE games are always valued when making the schedule. I want to say the most I've ever gotten exactly right in a given year was 3 (exact date/time). I've also gotten some National Games correct here and there although not always in the right slot. Here goes: 

Sunday, September 12th: at Giants (1:00)

Sunday, September 19th: Saints (1:00)

Monday, September 27th: at Cowboys (8:20) 

Sunday, October 3rd: Chargers (1:00) 

Sunday, October 10th: Bucs (8:20) 

Sunday, October 17th: at Broncos (4:05) 

BYE 

Sunday, October 31st: at Eagles (1:00) 

Sunday, November 7th: Seahawks (1:00) 

Thursday, November 11th: at Panthers (8:20) 

Sunday, November 21st: Chiefs (4:25) 

Monday, November 29th: at Bills (8:20) 

Sunday, December 5th: Eagles (1:00) 

Sunday, December 12th: at Raiders (4:25) 

Sunday, December 19th: Cowboys (8:20)

Sunday, December 26th: at Falcons (1:00) 

Sunday, January 2nd: at Packers (1:00) 

Sunday, January 9th: Giants (1:00) 

*small edit based on the week 1 rumor 

Edited by kleese
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kleese said:

Here is my Mock: I think the league/networks are going to view us a "safe" bet this year in terms of national windows. I don't think we will be plastered on the national schedule, but we will make plenty of prominent appearances-- schedule boasts a lot of marquee franchises and we know that the NFCE games are always valued when making the schedule. I want to say the most I've ever gotten exactly right in a given year was 3 (exact date/time). I've also gotten some National Games correct here and there although not always in the right slot. Here goes: 

Sunday, September 12th: at Cowboys (4:25)

Sunday, September 19th: Saints (1:00)

Monday, September 27th: at Giants (8:20) 

Sunday, October 3rd: Chargers (1:00) 

Sunday, October 10th: Bucs (8:20) 

Sunday, October 17th: at Broncos (4:05) 

BYE 

Sunday, October 31st: at Eagles (1:00) 

Sunday, November 7th: Seahawks (1:00) 

Thursday, November 11th: at Panthers (8:20) 

Sunday, November 21st: Chiefs (4:25) 

Monday, November 29th: at Bills (8:20) 

Sunday, December 5th: Eagles (1:00) 

Sunday, December 12th: at Raiders (4:25) 

Sunday, December 19th: Cowboys (8:20)

Sunday, December 26th: at Falcons (1:00) 

Sunday, January 2nd: at Packers (1:00) 

Sunday, January 9th: Giants (1:00) 

Sure would like it if it shakes out like this. Not sayin that we have any sort of home field advantage at FED-EX, but I would rather play the tougher teams at home rather than in their houses. Would love to demolish RFK and rebuild it on the same lot. Same size and roof. Just more intimate and loud than FED-EX ever was.

3 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Sure would like it if it shakes out like this. Not sayin that we have any sort of home field advantage at FED-EX, but I would rather play the tougher teams at home rather than in their houses. Would love to demolish RFK and rebuild it on the same lot. Same size and roof. Just more intimate and loud than FED-EX ever was.

Well, the home/away is already determined so that WILL be how it shakes out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1