Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inverting the Predictions the WFT are your NFCE Champions!

Burgold

Not only did we win the F Mara Bowl (I believe the Giants have not made the playoffs since Mara phony-engineered the screw job for violating the "spirit of the cap," but we made the playoffs AND we inverted the division predictions. At the beginning of the season, everyone thought it was going to be the Eagles and Cowboys fighting it out for first with the Giants coming in third and Washington battling it out for the worst record in the league.

Well, the NFC East Champions are the WFT (Redskins) followed by the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles.

Given everything this team and its coaching staff went through they should feel mighty good about themselves. We should too. I think we're building something. We're still missing a bunch of important pieces, but we're building.

Hail to the WFT! Hail to the Redskins.

Edit: Oh yeah... and we beat the refs who really went all out in the first half. In fact, given the change in flags... I wonder if they got a talking to during half time for being too obvious about their cheating.

• Burgold changed the title to Inverting the Predictions the WFT are your NFCE Champions!
1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Not only did we win the F Mara Bowl (I believe the Giants have not made the playoffs since Mara phony-engineered the screw job for violating the "spirit of the cap," but we made the playoffs AND we inverted the division predictions. At the beginning of the season, everyone thought it was going to be the Eagles and Cowboys fighting it out for first with the Giants coming in third and Washington battling it out for the worst record in the league.

Well, the NFC East Champions are the WFT (Redskins) followed by the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles.

Given everything this team and its coaching staff went through they should feel mighty good about themselves. We should too. I think we're building something. We're still missing a bunch of important pieces, but we're building.

Hail to the WFT! Hail to the Redskins.

Edit: Oh yeah... and we beat the refs who really went all out in the first half. In fact, given the change in flags... I wonder if they got a talking to during half time for being too obvious about their cheating.

That's not the only thing we inverted

The "Tanking Movement"

7-9 was the realistic ceiling I had for this team and no way did I assume we were going to make the playoffs. Hell of an effort from Ron and a flawed, ailing roster to surpass my expectations and attract POSITIVE attention back to our franchise. Even better: we still have so much room to grow and the cap space/draft capital to make it happen.

Let's go in loose next week, have some fun watching our favorite players again and see what happens. 

Crappy year for the entire division...but we've started a new season now, so don't care lol.

Also, the narrative on Smiff was somewhat inverted as well. For fans at least, we went from "I don't want to ever see Alex Smiff take the field again, he needs to retire"...to "If Alex plays we win the division".

And Alex went from being unable to overcome a deficit no matter how small in 2018....to overcoming deficits in all 5 of his wins in the 2020 season.

Yes!! Say what you will but our D has taken significant steps forward and become top 5-7 in the league, that's with missing pieces still. They don't give out Division Championships for free, so the Team paid the price to get here. NO ONE imagined we'd be winning the division when we were 2-7.  NO ONE. So we persevered. And for all the cats putting in work, it means something.  It's good all the way around.

Good adds. We also inverted our prime time curse, winning primetime games and at Thanksgiving. I believe we went 3-0.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So many of felt that the D played so far below its ability under Barry and Manusky. I think this year proves we were right. Mind you, we did see significant changes at corner and safety, but still, I think the real difference was coaching.

F the Giants, couldnt happen to a better family.  Thinking they are owed something for going 6-10 shows why the Giants have become a laughingstock of a franchise.

Since Mara instituted the illegal penalites on the Redskins and Cowboys, the Giants have won 0 division titles, and the Redskins and Cowboys have won 6.

Rivera has already put a strong stamp on this organization. Contrast that to Mike McCarthy's flameout in Dallas.

We began the season around here thinking this was a 2-3 year rebuild, and now we're already talking about next season as part of a Super Bowl window. The rest of the East looks like a dumpster fire, by comparison.

23 hours ago, petey hodge said:

We swept the Cowboys and Eagles this year... and lost to the Giants by fewer than a total of 5 points (2 games).  If we feel guilty of snagging the division title, think how those other guys feel.

HTTR!

Well, here's how the Giant's feel, and the schadenfreude is glorious:

'Sickening': Giants players voice displeasure with Eagles' decision to bench Hurts vs. Washington

After the Giants defeated the Dallas Cowboys earlier Sunday, they needed an Eagles win to claim the NFC East. Obviously, that didn't happen and Giants players were not shy in showing their displeasure with Pederson's decision to bench Hurts for Sudfeld.

Click on the link for more

13 hours ago, profusion said:

Rivera has already put a strong stamp on this organization. Contrast that to Mike McCarthy's flameout in Dallas.

We began the season around here thinking this was a 2-3 year rebuild, and now we're already talking about next season as part of a Super Bowl window. The rest of the East looks like a dumpster fire, by comparison.

Also, think about this - there are still so many holes on this team, that you could imagine a scenario where literally any position could be our 1st round pick (except DL).

It wouldn't surprise any of us, if we picked either WR, QB, RB, Guard, Tackle, TE, LB, CB, or Safety. (Some may argue against that, but you can argue strongly FOR it, too)

It doesn't really matter if 1 or 2 of those positions could be removed from the list, because my point is, who would expect a team with THAT many draft needs to make the playoffs ?

A real credit to our coaching staff for getting the most out of our players.

It ALSO shows how close we are to being serious Super Bowl contenders. If we have a good offseason, we very well could contend for a championship next season.

Archived