Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Yeah, my de-icer didn't work at all on the quarter inch layer of ice on my windows.  30 minute warmup while frequently pressing the gas pedal, then scraping.

Engineer story, (I got a million of them) smart guy though but damn...

Ice storm?, windshield?, no problem he says.  Just watch.  Fires up the coffee machine to percolate some water and out the door he goes.  

Ummm, about that I says......

pffft, he says......

Blamo, on the ice cold glass it goes.  Stupid glass he says.  Did I mention he’s an engineer?.....

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 2

Winter Storm Uri to Bring Heavy Snow, Some Ice from Texas to Northeast into Early Next Week

Winter Storm Uri is likely to bury parts of the South with significant snow and some ice early next week before moving into the snow-fatigued Midwest and East.

This storm has been named Winter Storm Uri by The Weather Channel.

This winter storm will bring considerably worse weather conditions than what we saw early Thursday morning, which resulted in a pileup of more than 130 vehicles and at least six deaths.

A powerful southward plunge of the jet stream will pivot out of the southern Rockies across the South this weekend. Low pressure at the surface will track out of the Gulf of Mexico generally toward the northeast, wrapping moisture into the cold air.

0213-south-snow-setup.png?crop=16:9&widt

Bitterly cold air in the Plains will only be reinforced this weekend smashing records as far south as the Rio Grande Valley.

This will produce snow and some ice much farther south than usual – and farther south than seen on Thursday. From there, this storm could then produce significant snow and ice in parts of the Midwest and East.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@TryTheBeal!That looks like what we’ve got here.... in central Texas, lol.

Speaking of which, legit snow called for tmrw (2nd time this winter, and I can’t remember the last time I saw more than flurries).

Low of 7 tmrw and 3 Monday.  Think the previous record was 20.  Absolutely nuts.  

Winter Storm Warning for all of Oklahoma from midnight tonight until 6pm Monday.  Seen predictions from 4 to 10 inches of snow locally.  THEN another system is threatening snow for the middle of the week.  I feel like I'm back in Maryland during an active winter.

Luckily the sun was out today and the ice on road surfaces melted extremely well.  However, it won't get above 32 here until next weekend.

• Sad 1

South Central US is bracing for another brutal round of sub-freezing temperatures, snow and ice

There was "no shortage of winter weather hazards" across the United States on Sunday, with half of all Americans under winter warnings, watches or advisories, according to the National Weather Service's Weather Prediction Center.

But there's one particularly ferocious winter storm that's taking aim at the South Central US, parts of which are still reeling from the deadly conditions a separate storm system created last week. And the worst part: It will be followed by another strong storm system that's likely to hit Tuesday.

"For longtime residents of southeastern Texas, southern Oklahoma, northern Louisiana and southern Arkansas, this will likely be the worst week of winter weather in your lifetime so far," CNN meteorologist Derek Van Dam said.

The winter storm making its way into the region Sunday has put parts of southern Texas under winter storm watches for the "first time in a decade," the prediction center said.

President Joe Biden declared a federal emergency in Texas on Sunday and ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency to supplement state and local efforts to deal with the winter storm, according to the White House.

Winter storm warnings extend throughout all 254 counties in Texas, all 77 counties in Oklahoma and all 75 counties in Arkansas. In records that go back 35 years, this appears to be the first time all Texas counties have been under a winter storm warning at the same time, according to CNN meteorologist Brandon Miller.

Heavy snowfall was forecast in areas from New Mexico to the Mississippi Valley on Sunday, the center said, while ice will glaze over the Texas coast to the Tennessee Valley into Monday.

"The swath of accumulating ice and snow on Monday is impressive, stretching from south Texas to the northern Mid-Atlantic," it added. "Heavy snow on Monday will also blanket much of the Lower Mississippi, the Ohio Valley, into the Northeast."

210214030430-03-winter-storms-nationwide

Click on the link for the full article