Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agreed.

I'm at a point where I think we stop trying to protect people from themselves.  Obviously there is a myriad of both moral and legal problems with this, but the easiest way to clean this up is to institute 'no covid vax, no covid treament' mandates at hospitals.  You don't want the shot - fine, don't get one.  You get covid, go find one of these doctors they bring on networks like OAN to treat it for you.

I concur.  I've said for a long time that the gene pool needs some chlorine.  

I'm eligible for my booster October 24th.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I actually think the whole "proof of vaccination" thing will end up helping with the culling. That will mean that people who aren't vaccinated won't just be able to lie and get in places. So then they'll have certain places that don't require vaccines that they'll all go to, and vaccinated people will stay away from. Then they'll all give it to each other. And we lived happily ever after.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I actually think the whole "proof of vaccination" thing will end up helping with the culling. That will mean that people who aren't vaccinated won't just be able to lie and get in places. So then they'll have certain places that don't require vaccines that they'll all go to, and vaccinated people will stay away from. Then they'll all give it to each other. And we lived happily ever after.

I hope not...segregation and discrimination of any kind is wrong.

On thinking about this and other thoughts I've had...I'm in a conundrum. 

If a private business wants to not serve someone because of their beliefs I do support it. I don't agree with it, just don't support it.

However, that same person should be prepared to face the backlash...

Edited by Xameil

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

753886798_-rsi-7-ill-have-what-hes-having-2859064.png.a3d09f2d9cefa97ff6070c6a63227732.png

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I hope not...segregation and discrimination of any kind is wrong.

On thinking about this and other thoughts I've had...I'm in a conundrum. 

If a private business wants to not serve someone because of their beliefs I do support it. I don't agree with it, just don't support it.

However, that same person should be prepared to face the backlash...

I don't really think segregation is a good word for it. They made a choice to not get a vaccine and choices have consequences.

They're being discriminated against because they're potentially putting other peoples' lives in danger, not because of who they are or what they believe (which is segregation). To me it's sort of like a bar refusing to let in people who proudly say that they're going to drink and drive.

And yes it's a private business, so they have every right to refuse service to people as long as it isn't based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, etc. "Non-vaccinated" is not a protected class of people.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't really think segregation is a good word for it. They made a choice to not get a vaccine and choices have consequences.

They're being discriminated against because they're potentially putting other peoples' lives in danger, not because of who they are or what they believe (which is segregation). To me it's sort of like a bar refusing to let in people who proudly say that they're going to drink and drive.

And yes it's a private business, so they have every right to refuse service to people as long as it isn't based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, etc. "Non-vaccinated" is not a protected class of people.

Yeah I see where you are coming from...but I'm torn on it in my own brain...so I think I'm just gonna be a spectator in the conversation regarding that.

• Like 1

I was quite upset yesterday to find someone who went on a beach trip with a group of my friends a few weeks ago was anti vax as it comes.  They clearly were a quit trumpster. Thankfully everyone else was vaxed but I would be curious to know how the others feel when they read her post saying she felt pressured to take a completely unknown shot and full anti Biden rant.  I always thought this friend was naive and well very loose in their habits like dating (We don’t hang out much but they are close friends with another good friend of mine.  I wouldn’t be pairing up this girl if we were last folks though tbh.) but I now I realize she could have potentially come infected and even with all have the vax she could have infected someone while we were all out of state. Also F people that play victim cards all the time by creating unpleasant situations due to your actions. 

• Sad 1

I was watching the news yesterday and they were at a hospital in Louisiana. The head doctor there said that they are fighting a war of misinformation and it is sad. So many people in particularly the southern states have avoided the vaccine for various reasons. The news yesterday interviewed a couple in the COVID ward. They said that "well we had gotten COVID before we did not feel like we had to get the vaccine. So we did not." Now they are both in the hospital.

The amount of people fallen victim to rampant misinformation (vaccine is "more dangerous" than COVID, vaccine will make you impotent, vaccine is too experimental and not FDA approved (while true this shouldn't stop you from taking said vaccine) is highly disturbing!

I believe that there are experts out there and also that I am not one of them. I got my vaccines shot way back in Dec and volunteered over 150 hours of weekends to help get the vaccines to others.

I am NOT a anti vaxer.  

But the boosters make no sense.  The studies and data all seem to show that 9+ months after 2 shots- you are still protected from the worst side effects.  Pfizer seems to still be 40% effective against preventing it and Moderna is over 70% - More then 6 months later!  

I understand boosters for high risk -but why would we recommend boosters for everyone else?  Not only that -Why booster for those that took Modena or Pfizer -but nothing for J&J, which seems to be the least effective overall?

I am not against boosters - but at least the data being released doesn't seem to back up the conclusion of needing it.  

The boosters make perfect sense. the immunity wears off over time. we were warned before hand that we may need yearly boosters like the flu shots because half this ****in' country won't vaccinate

we never achieved herd immunity

now we pay the price

16 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I don't get this point of view at all. Was listening to some experts a couple nights ago discussing a booster and they said it made sense. Normally 2nd and 3rd shot vaccines are more spread out than was the case with the Covid vaccine and there is science behind why that is the case.  

14 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The boosters make perfect sense. the immunity wears off over time. we were warned before hand that we may need yearly boosters like the flu shots because half this ****in' country won't vaccinate

we never achieved herd immunity

now we pay the price

The THEORY of Boosters make perfect sense.

But the timing does not.

What study says 8 months makes a difference? What info out there says boosters are needed 8 months after pfizer and moderna but not J&J?  

After 6 months both Pfizer and Moderna say their vaccines is still 90+% effective.  

Israeli study says after 6 months Pfizer drops to 60+% effective at stopping everything - but still 90+% effective at avoiding serious illness.  The 3 CDC studies released this week show no major drop in effectiveness for those under 60 in preventing serious illness AND for Moderna -Shows that the effective rate after 8 months is STILL higher then the effective rate of the J&J vaccine overall.  

So beside the "We always said Booster might be needed" where is the studies that show "Studies show its needed".

Im not saying that doesnt exist. I just havent seen it.  

Edited by TMK9973

Quinnipiac will cut off internet access for students who refuse to get vaccinated

Quinnipiac University has sent an email to students who have failed to comply with its vaccination policy, advising them they will face weekly fees until they either get their shots or apply for an exemption.

Students who do not follow the policy will be charged $100 a week during the first two weeks of the semester. That fee will rise by $25 every two weeks until it reaches $200 a week, the school said. A student who fails to comply through the entire semester would end up paying $2,275.

Students will also lose access to Wi-Fi and the campus intranet network if they fail to to get vaccinated by Sept. 14, the school said.

Click on the link for the full article

6 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

The THEORY of Boosters make perfect sense.

But the timing does not.

What study says 8 months makes a difference? What info out there says boosters are needed 8 months after pfizer and moderna but not J&J?  

After 6 months both Pfizer and Moderna say their vaccines is still 90+% effective.  

Israeli study says after 6 months Pfizer drops to 60+% effective at stopping everything - but still 90+% effective at avoiding serious illness.  The 3 CDC studies released this week show no major drop in effectiveness for those under 60 in preventing serious illness AND for Moderna -Shows that the effective rate after 8 months is STILL higher then the effective rate of the J&J vaccine overall.  

So beside the "We always said Booster might be needed" where is the studies that show "Studies show its needed".

Im not saying that doesnt exist. I just havent seen it.  

I don't know about you, but I'd rather get a booster after 8 months and get my protection back in the 90%+ protection again (against stopping any infection) than have it be around 60% like a bad flu shot year.  Regardless if the chance of severe infection is still extremely low.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

Not to keep making the same point-but the study most cited about effectiveness going away over time is from Israel. 

And it seems many of the leading experts in Israel are saying the study is not reliable.  

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-claims-major-drop-in-vaccine-protection-experts-dont-believe-it/

The good news?  Israel is not only almost the most aggressive vax country so far, they are also the country with the most respected, most comprehensive mass COVID data.  

The bad news?  The sample is very small, the data is wildly variant and every Twitter Covid goofboy can flex the numbers for retweets no matter what they’re trying to sell.  

It’s Ok to announce boosters right now in August and continue to grind data for your rollout TBD.  Two more weeks of data could change everything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't know about you, but I'd rather get a booster after 8 months and get my protection back in the 90%+ protection again (against stopping any infection) than have it be around 60% like a bad flu shot year.  Regardless if the chance of severe infection is still extremely low.  

I didn't get a flu shot last year because I very rarely went anywhere.  I'm working this season, so I will. 

I'll get my booster and hope for a vacation. 

I know, hope is for suckers. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I didn't get a flu shot last year because I very rarely went anywhere.  I'm working this season, so I will. 

I'll get my booster and hope for a vacation. 

I know, hope is for suckers. 

Me and my daughter didn't get the flu shot last year either, cause we stayed at home for over a year.  Wife did though since she had to go back into the office.  This year, flu shot in Oct. and covid booster in Feb. (when I hit my 8 months).  

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Me and my daughter didn't get the flu shot last year either, cause we stayed at home for over a year.  Wife did though since she had to go back into the office.  This year, flu shot in Oct. and covid booster in Feb. (when I hit my 8 months).  

Some of us did what was absolutely necessary.  I have no doubt that you did. 

It's a big deal.  I know that Ms. Taze, Tazette, and you want out.  I do too...You have no idea.  I'm a ****in restaurant worker, at 55, and I love what I do.  U know that. 

Hang in there. 

I had big vacation plans. 

Nevermind that now.

• Like 1