Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

56 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

There's a what now?

I still need to play the Star Trek telltale game. 😐

I'm cautiously optimistic for that one (though I think it's a company from ex-telltale people, not telltale themselves).  It's the right format for a Star Trek game and stakes its success on its writing.

If you haven't already played them, you've gotta play Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites (CD version; they have voice-acting from the original cast).  Point-and-click adventures that really captured the spirit of the show.  With multiple ways to complete missions, it came down to not just getting through it, but doing it in the best way possible.  After boarding a hijacked ship, do you try to disable the force-field locking you out of the bridge, or repair the transporter to beam onto the bridge... or do you re-arm that bomb you recovered from a boobie-trap and beam that onto the bridge?  Go in phasers-blasting and hope you get them all before they vaporize your red-shirt, or try to negotiate for the pirates' surrender.  You'll bump into a couple familiar faces, too.

Star-Trek-25th-Anniversary4.jpg

Also worth playing through the TNG point-and-click, A Final Unity.  Space combat was a bit complicated, but you could just tell Worf to handle it for you.  You do get to pick your own away teams, so make sure it's not a sausage fest when you go down to meet with the leadership of that matriarchal society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

https://youtu.be/Llg9OU6rE3A

in short crossplay is back and new franchise mode features (long overdue)

Comes out Monday if you pre-ordered.

LOL good ole' EA - removing features and bringing them back, claiming they are new features.

I can't believe people still support this crap but here we are with it guaranteed to be the best selling sports game of the year.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 11:00 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Is it wrong that this makes me want to play the game more now? 🤔

In all seriousness though...wtf. this game must be crazy. 

It’s pretty intense. I saved a woman under a mind control spell from an old Hag who I am pretty sure promised her that, in exchange for her unborn child, she would revive her dead husband. Only for the woman to be ****ing mad at ME for messing up the deal. So I brought her husband back as a zombie and made him kill her brothers while she watched. 

Got to keep the zombie, which was nice. 

15 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

@Llevron and I are going to start a multiplayer BG3 run tonight. If anybody else wants in let me know. 

If any of you are worried, we probably won’t play so much that it will progress past your solo play through. I can’t imagine that with so much to do in this game. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Also, we don't have to be sociopaths like @Llevron apparently is. 

That’s not nice! I’ll remember those words when I’m in control of your reanimated corpse. 

But seriously you told me you want to be mostly good, so I had to get it out of my system. Also she was mean to me. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Even in a video game thread there are limits

simpsons-nerd.gif.78dbd9be802fa276b42dce17759fa8fa.gif

lol

Seriously tho, some of the story elements I've seen surrounding BG3 are out there. Not my type of game but I'm glad people are enjoying it so much.

It looks like they put a crazy amount of work into it.

Video games haven't been for nerds in decades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this new Madden game looks really good I really think from watching all these reviews it may be the best Madden in a while. They added a lot of new features like training camp games and skill games to improve your players. The superstar mode is back and franchise made key changes. If you buy Madden every 5 or 6 years (I end up getting every edition every year and have purchased every Madden since 2001) give it a shot.

Drops Monday at 8 pm.

• Thumb up 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:01 PM, Llevron said:

It’s pretty intense. I saved a woman under a mind control spell from an old Hag who I am pretty sure promised her that, in exchange for her unborn child, she would revive her dead husband. Only for the woman to be ****ing mad at ME for messing up the deal. So I brought her husband back as a zombie and made him kill her brothers while she watched. 

Got to keep the zombie, which was nice. 

If any of you are worried, we probably won’t play so much that it will progress past your solo play through. I can’t imagine that with so much to do in this game. 

Sounds like i can slaughter the innocent in this 🔪 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, purbeast said:

LOL good ole' EA - removing features and bringing them back, claiming they are new features.

I can't believe people still support this crap but here we are with it guaranteed to be the best selling sports game of the year.

I've pretty much given up on anything EA.

Still waiting for some brave studio to recognize that you can actually create a bankable football game (sumulation, even) that has nothing whatsoever to do with the NFL licenses.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've pretty much given up on anything EA.

Still waiting for some brave studio to recognize that you can actually create a bankable football game (sumulation, even) that has nothing whatsoever to do with the NFL licenses.

the problem is you can't play any NFL football unless it's Madden. So for my franchises I pretty much have to get Madden every year. They added a lot to franchise mode.

Franchise is the only way I see this team win titles. Won back to back super bowls with Washington, one with Heinicke and one with Jordan Love 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

the problem is you can't play any NFL football unless it's Madden. So for my franchises I pretty much have to get Madden every year. They added a lot to franchise mode.

Franchise is the only way I see this team win titles. Won back to back super bowls with Washington, one with Heinicke and one with Jordan Love 😂

Heresy!

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2023 at 9:45 AM, Fan since a Fetus said:

Star Wars is in development at the studio that did The Division and The Division 2. I never played those, so I cannot comment on how good they are. Also, his branch has made the upcoming Avatar game. 

Bought The Division 2, played it for about 12 hours and dumped it. Its your typical, open world, Ubisoft game. I actually was torn between this and Wildlands...basically the same ****ing game. I'm not excited about this at all.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:48 PM, dfitzo53 said:

@Llevron and I are going to start a multiplayer BG3 run tonight. If anybody else wants in let me know. 

I'm thinking about buying it.

I haven't made a good ole RPG for some ****ing time, but I do have a hard time maling a decision on BG3.

Official website seems mum about charater classes, races and stuff... So I was wondering if you were limited to playing those character they speak of on the website...