Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Something had been bugging me for days and then I figured out that Odin is Tobey from the West Wing. 

image.jpeg.9a6335594fe2347edb09a854bca3e4b6.jpeg

And Thor is Opie from Sons of Anarchy.

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If they don't stop letting Madden releases be glitch brigade roster upgrades, I may skip out on PS5, which would first generation of Playstation i didn't get. 

I'm serious, these games getting too expensive to not work and need like 20 software upgrades. And F paying for stuff after I already bought the game, too.

Something like Dance Dance might change my mind for the kiddies, they even make that franchise anymore?  Curious what multi-player non-shooter games are good to get kids started in these days, like a Wii Sports equivalent or something.  I have reservations turning them lose on the online gaming for Playstation or Xbox given the limited I've heard in person a countless accounts of racism and sexism out there.

I know how I was as a kid, I'd play by myself so much I'd start to get woozy from hunger, dehydration, or lack of sleep.  I don't really want that for them, but rather that then the bombardment of some of these shmucks online with their swatting ****.

Get a Switch.

Mario Party

Mario Kart

Smash Brothers

Switch Sports

Minecraft

New Super Mario Brothers

Mario 3D World.

All great games that kids enjoy and can play simultaneously.

And as mentioned, Splatoon is also a great multiplayer game, although I don't think you can play it locally and is for online.  It's a "shooter" in the sense of the gameplay, but it's super non violent and there is a lot more to it than just splatting the other opponents.  It's also nothing like Fortnite.

My 7 year old plays all of the above games and has been playing some of them since he was 4.  I have played many of them with him too.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If they don't stop letting Madden releases be glitch brigade roster upgrades, I may skip out on PS5, which would first generation of Playstation i didn't get. 

I'm serious, these games getting too expensive to not work and need like 20 software upgrades. And F paying for stuff after I already bought the game, too.

Something like Dance Dance might change my mind for the kiddies, they even make that franchise anymore?  Curious what multi-player non-shooter games are good to get kids started in these days, like a Wii Sports equivalent or something.  I have reservations turning them lose on the online gaming for Playstation or Xbox given the limited I've heard in person a countless accounts of racism and sexism out there.

I know how I was as a kid, I'd play by myself so much I'd start to get woozy from hunger, dehydration, or lack of sleep.  I don't really want that for them, but rather that then the bombardment of some of these shmucks online with their swatting ****.

Madden - you playing franchise?  Cause I play MUT and haven't had any issues with bugs/glitches that I can recall that would impact the gameplay.

Kids Games - pokemon games, just dance, toad treasure tracker, super mario party, mario sonic Tokyo olympics, minecraft

Swatting - unless someone gives out personal info (real name, address, city, etc.) on PS/Xbox online, is that a thing on console gaming?  I thought that was more of a PC gaming thing where people hack others to get their personal info, then commit the crime.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Does Splatoon count as a shooter?

I'd say yes, just because it does track kills, but its fun as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Madden - you playing franchise?  Cause I play MUT and haven't had any issues with bugs/glitches that I can recall that would impact the gameplay.

Yes, I'm done until further notice or EA loses rights to exclusive NFL games.

Kids Games - pokemon games, just dance, toad treasure tracker, super mario party, mario sonic Tokyo olympics, minecraft

Awesome, noted.

Swatting - unless someone gives out personal info (real name, address, city, etc.) on PS/Xbox online, is that a thing on console gaming?  I thought that was more of a PC gaming thing where people hack others to get their personal info, then commit the crime.

Stories I've read is either info given out or people someone knows and where they live already.  Not buying everywhere Swatting story is someone hacking to get exact location info regardless of the platform, more extreme version of Kids being kids

I'd say yes, just because it does track kills, but its fun as hell.

Noted, thanks.

I am getting completely side tracked right now in God of War.  I am on the level with the crater and holy crap there is A LOT of stuff to do side mission wise.  And one of the things I did was unlock another area that I think is completely optional.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, Warhead36 said:

Disco Elysium is one of the most unique and fun gaming experiences I've ever had.

I've had my eye on this game for quite a while, I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Instead, I'll save up some points and use it to at least knock some money off.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I've had my eye on this game for quite a while, I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Instead, I'll save up some points and use it to at least knock some money off.

Yeah I got it off the Steam Autumn Sale. Its not overly long(beat it in 17 hours) but its an incredible experience. And there are so many different ways to play that I'll probably do another playthrough soon.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I got it off the Steam Autumn Sale. Its not overly long(beat it in 17 hours) but its an incredible experience. And there are so many different ways to play that I'll probably do another playthrough soon.

I've started it like 3 times and haven't got past the bedroom.  One of these days I'll play past the point of disinterest.  It's gotten such good reviews.

To be fair, we're lucky that prices have stayed as they have for so long.  I remember paying $70 for some SNES games back in the early 90's.  Same with on N64 later on in the 90's.

And games are so much more complex right now and cost so much more to make.  The difference is the volume they sell now is so much more than it was back in the day so there is kind of a balance of sorts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

What about the arcade cabinets you have to fix-up yourself?

Checkmate!

They even have updates for some of those old games.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So none of the ones you buy have a day 1 update and/or DLC later on? 

Putting out "patches" does not make a game incomplete because they are fixing QOL issues and bugs.  I am in the software industry and can tell you that there is no such thing as bug free software.

DLC coming later on also doesn't make a game incomplete.  I have purchased song tracks for Beat Saber.  I also chose NOT to purchase some of them because I don't like some of the songs.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Putting out "patches" does not make a game incomplete because they are fixing QOL issues and bugs.  I am in the software industry and can tell you that there is no such thing as bug free software.

DLC coming later on also doesn't make a game incomplete.  I have purchased song tracks for Beat Saber.  I also chose NOT to purchase some of them because I don't like some of the songs.  

The argument I was (clumsily) trying to make is that games are now too often rushed out early and are broken and seem to always need patches and/or are incomplete (and thus DLC was sold later). But perhaps it's solely a money grab on the DLC...and the ability to fix bugs (that somehow weren't caught in the many many years of game creation). 

Edited by The Evil Genius

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The argument I was (clumsily) trying to make is that games are now too often rushed out early and are broken and seem to always need patches and/or are incomplete (and thus DLC was sold later). But perhaps it's solely a money grab on the DLC...and the ability to fix bugs (that somehow weren't caught in the many many years of game creation). 

Yeah you aren't wrong about some games being rushed out, like Cyberpunk was, but that is what I'm referring to when I say I don't purchase those "incomplete" games.

And based on your last comment about fixing bugs that weren't caught, you clearly are not in the software industry lol.  

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1