Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD is like Madden to me: you've played one, you've played them all. We just to get ****ed up and play MW2 for hours, thats the last one I've actually played. I've had no desire to play another one.

I'm curious about what some of you guys think of the Activision acquisition, Sony seems like a real crybaby here. I haven't been a console/company fanboy in well over a decade, but I would love to MicroSoft take off the gloves and really go after Sony competitively. I don't get the love for Sony, they're not innovative and are always years behind the curve. The only substantial move that I could give them was VR. They still copied it, but at least they copied it sooner this time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like Stray is free on PS Plus 

Yeah, it was a day one release. I’m about 1/2 way through and find it quite enjoyable.

I’m also playing Deathloop which is great so far. It’s not mindless, you gather clues to help you plan your attack. It’s a really fun game.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, it was a day one release. I’m about 1/2 way through and find it quite enjoyable.

I’m also playing Deathloop which is great so far. It’s not mindless, you gather clues to help you plan your attack. It’s a really fun game.

I’m on deathloop now too. It’s awesome. Takes a minute to get used to it but it’s a lot of fun. I think I’ve got everything together now and I’m going to enact my plan tonight 

Deathloop is on PS+ if anyone has the service. I’ve enjoyed the service so far. An absolute ton of games that I haven’t played and a lot of them are excellent. Mid tier costs about $99 a year.

I don’t know how it compares to Gamepass, but I’m glad I got it. My only problem is it does make me a little overwhelmed and I rush through games when I first got the service. The last game I played was Control and tried to take my time with it. I’m doing the same thing with Deathloop now.

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Got it.  Groundhog Day but with murder.  That actually sounds ****ing amazing. 

yeah in slightly more detail, there are 4 locations on the island and 4 times of day you can visit each one (morning, noon, afternoon, and night). The 8 targets all have different schedules and move between the 4 areas at different times. The enemies change as well as access to specific areas too for example the water around the island freezes later in the day allowing you to get to specific points. It’s all about learning their tendencies and schedules and weak points and figuring out what times of day so you can hit all 8 in one loop. Like stopping one’s plans earlier in the day so they’ll be somewhere else later when you can kill them.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

Been out of the loop for a min, but dang does it hurt to scroll PSN and not see a single legitimate boxing title. Boxing games are what initially broke me into video games (grew up in a very boxing-ish environment).

If EA wants to sit on all these licenses, and the individual promotions want to play with themselves, somebody should at least go fictional, and create their own franchise. I refuse to believe there isn't a market for boxing games. Talked to way too many homies over the years to believe it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been out of the loop for a min, but dang does it hurt to scroll PSN and not see a single legitimate boxing title. Boxing games are what initially broke me into video games (grew up in a very boxing-ish environment).

If EA wants to sit on all these licenses, and the individual promotions want to play with themselves, somebody should at least go fictional, and create their own franchise. I refuse to believe there isn't a market for boxing games. Talked to way too many homies over the years to believe it

Yeah, Knockout Kings was awesome, RIP.  Fight Night was pretty good too.  Looks like there is a new one called eSports Boxing Club in development.

https://blog.turtlebeach.com/esports-boxing-club-release/

• Thumb up 1

A lot to talk about:

1. Cdkeys.com - I went there and bought a month of gamepass for $3. It seems shady, but I tried it out and its legit. You can also find some cheap digital downloads (sometimes) as well, I recommend checking it out.

2. Elden Ring - Got $30 worth of gift cards and was able to get this game for about $15. I highly regret buying this game, ten hours in and I think its going to permanently be transferred to the shelf. I don't get all the love for this game, let along all of the GOTY talk.

3. Cuphead - This game is super hard and I knew that going in, I like this game even though it routinely makes me want to pull my hair out. I like difficult platforming games, but this game is more compartmentalized into "levels" or "boss fights". Good, hard game..and of course the art style is amazing.

4. Grounded - A survival game on GamePass inspired by "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids". Its not a bad game, I like it so far and plan to play more.

5. Deadcraft - Another survival/sim game, but this one is a bit weird. If you're familiar with the Rune Factory games, this is what this game is. However, you play as a half human, half zombie and use those skills to fight zombies, which earns skill points that you can use to farm your land and...just try it. There is a demo online.

6. Persona 5 Royal - Many moons ago, I worked in a slow Italian restaurant. Persona 3 on the PSP became a very good friend of mine, I spent a lot of time with this game. I didn't have any Sony consoles to play Persona 4, so I emulated it, but it wasn't the same. When I found out the Persona series was coming to Xbox, I genuinely became excited. They're not being released in order, for some stupid reason, but I can partake in #5 for now. Love this game and if you like the series, you'll love it too. Think of this game a sort of R rated Pokemon.

7. Paradise Killer - A walking sim/adventure/murder mystery. You run around an island picking up clues to solve a mystery, interesting concept so far. What has really stood out for me so far is the amazing music. This is on GamePass, so it can be looked at for free.

8. The Division 2 - Got this game for free with my rewards points, I'm not really into shooters, but I like this game. It has a nice loot system and you have countless upgrades to your weapons and gear. I'm not sure if the gameplay will hold my attention for the entirety of the game, but so far, so good.

9. Deathloop - I'm a huge Arkane Studios fan, I could gush on them all day long, but I'll keep this short. This game isn't as "immersive" as the developer's previous games, but I've loved what I've played so far. A lot of the game mechanics have been evolved from past projects, but they're a bit more streamlined in this game. Still awesome, still love it! Also on GamePass.

10. Microsoft Reward Points - You guys seriously need to get in on this. I've earned about $50 in twi in a half months, all have gone into getting myself free games or discounts on games.

11. Drunken Fist - Stupid, bargain bin game, physics fighting game. Think the physics of Gang Beasts mixed with a 3D, drunk, Double Dragon. Good for a laugh with friends, won't entertain you for long.

12. Oh...Sir!! - Weird game where you have to string competent sentences together using random words to insult your opponent. The longer the sentence, the more damage you do. I really liked this simple game, however its needs to be played online to fully enjoy it. Seems like the online community is extinct nowadays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, Knockout Kings was awesome, RIP.  Fight Night was pretty good too.  Looks like there is a new one called eSports Boxing Club in development.

https://blog.turtlebeach.com/esports-boxing-club-release/

Looks good! I do recall maybe hearing something about this around a year or so ago. Never quite kept up with it. I'm hopeful that they can finish it and release it. Been looking for my boxing fix for way too long.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks good! I do recall maybe hearing something about this around a year or so ago. Never quite kept up with it. I'm hopeful that they can finish it and release it. Been looking for my boxing fix for way too long.

Same man.  I tried UFC 3 a while back, couldn't get into it, even though I love UFC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Elden Ring - Got $30 worth of gift cards and was able to get this game for about $15. I highly regret buying this game, ten hours in and I think its going to permanently be transferred to the shelf. I don't get all the love for this game, let along all of the GOTY talk.

One of those deals where if you weren't a Souls gamer beforehand, it's tough to explain just how awesome they are. FromSoft is a feast or famine studio. Either you'll love them, or you'll hate them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One of those deals where if you weren't a Souls gamer beforehand, it's tough to explain just how awesome they are. FromSoft is a feast or famine studio. Either you'll love them, or you'll hate them.

To be fair, I played Dark Souls (first one) and ****ing hated it. I dabbled with other souls like games until I came across The Surge series and those brought me back to the genre (I highly recommend The Surge 2). However, everyone was saying Elden Ring was the souls game to play if you didn't like the others...I fell for it. Why do people keep buying these games that barely evolve? Its getting to the point of Madden levels repetitiveness. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

i always loved the ready to rumble games because they weren’t as serious and added a little more fun to the sport. Somebody should bring that back 

19 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Elden Ring - Got $30 worth of gift cards and was able to get this game for about $15. I highly regret buying this game, ten hours in and I think its going to permanently be transferred to the shelf. I don't get all the love for this game, let along all of the GOTY talk.

same. Makes no sense to me. Put 150+ hours into it and walked away thinking “that was it?” What actually happened? What was the pout of any of this? What a waste. The art direction is really nice and some of the fights are cool but overall just felt like it had nothing beneath the surface 

• Like 2