Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sheehan on right now with lawyer from Rockville guy.

Bad news all around as far as the hearing goes.

The 24 votes is one thing that could happen but if it does there is a requirement that a hearing with no limit on evidence, testimony, witnesses even rumors be held.

This is a game changer.

Sheehan's conclusion at the moment: The only way Snyder leaves is if he somehow voluntarily agrees to sell the team. 

The hearing would be a **** show on both sides-- the business equivalent of mutually assured destruction.

No limit to the damage that could be done to Snyder (who has nothing to lose and no shame), the commissioner, the other owners and the shield itself.

Worst of all everything submitted can be used in public court if/when Snyder is ousted and decided to fight it in court.

No way the NFL risks that kind of exposure. Snyder could say things that could open them up to years of scandal and potential lawsuits from all angles. Incalculable risk.

Not looking good at the moment. Real downer of a segment.

My question: Can the bylaws be changed so that there is only a very limited hearing after the vote to remove?

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Neil from Rockville is always a downer on the issue.  He's not an insider but simply a fan-lawyer with some expertise in employment issues from what I recall.

I've joked about him on this thread before that if Dan was ever caught with a weapon over a dead body -- the dude would say its no big deal.    It's not that he likes Dan, he doesn't.  He comes off smart so I got nothing against him.  But his default answer is always Dan is safe.

but its odd to me that Sheehan keeps bringing him on.  I know a ton of lawyers personally -- I can just ask them what they think, but so what?  Neil is a Commanders fan, that's cool, but otherwise I don't get the point.  I did get it in the context of the sexual harassment cases because he understands the gravity of them as an attorney.  But otherwise he's not an insider or some type of NFL expert as to how the league works.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Neil from Rockville is always a downer on the issue.  He's not an insider but simply a fan-lawyer with some expertise in employment issues from what I recall.

Hes also a lawyer who is looking through the legal lens and implementing his legal opinion on a non legal matter. 

But kevin has latched onto Goddells statements on the investigation and is basing his entire thought on it. Zero nuance 

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If some financial wizard produced a spreadsheet indicating just how much more $$$ the owners would make if Snyder was gone, and how much he has cost them already, that may move the dial.

97% of the NFL owners are smart. They already know what is missing. This is a huge driving factor already IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The problem of course is Peter King didn't even reference things like intimidating witnesses and more. Those things most definitely happened within the past 2 years and it shows the culture has not changed, instead he referenced the record, stadium crowd etc.    

He was only picking the low hanging fruit.  And isn't it sad that the low hanging fruit is bad enough to not even need to go into those other details?

30 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

97% of the NFL owners are smart. They already know what is missing. This is a huge driving factor already IMO. 

Correct if you round up, but to be even more precise 96.88% of the owners are smart  🤓 with "Disheveled Dan" the lone holdout left wearing the dunce cap.

(31/32=0.9688)

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?

There is no good answer for what to do with Wentz at this time.

These are adults. He should answer honestly. 

"Yes. It's part of the decision for sure. I'm both the GM and the coach here, so it's my job to try to win games this season and keep this team in the best position for sustained success. Handing away draft picks doesn't help the latter, so it's always something that considered and weighed. That doesn't mean there won't be a case in which we go back to Carson. But, if the season were to get away from us for whatever reason, that might be a time to take a look at other options at the position and retain that higher pick."

I really don't understand what would be wrong with a response like that. Especially since everyone knows it to be the truth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Hope his mother's ok.

I remember there being a lot of anger at Rivera for missing some of the January or February pre-draft events (senior bowl I think?) due to visiting his parents out in Cali and there being speculation that his mom is sick. I agree, hopefully it’s nothing too serious 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I remember there being a lot of anger at Rivera for missing some of the January or February pre-draft events (senior bowl I think?) due to visiting his parents out in Cali and there being speculation that his mom is sick. I agree, hopefully it’s nothing too serious 

That's disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

These are adults. He should answer honestly. 

"Yes. It's part of the decision for sure. I'm both the GM and the coach here, so it's my job to try to win games this season and keep this team in the best position for sustained success. Handing away draft picks doesn't help the latter, so it's always something that considered and weighed. That doesn't mean there won't be a case in which we go back to Carson. But, if the season were to get away from us for whatever reason, that might be a time to take a look at other options at the position and retain that higher pick."

I really don't understand what would be wrong with a response like that. Especially since everyone knows it to be the truth. 

I see zero reason to even delve into it until it’s necessary, ie: Carson being cleared to play.  

He answered the question like a coach, not a GM.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see zero reason to even delve into it until it’s necessary, ie: Carson being cleared to play.  

He answered the question like a coach, not a GM.

I would be fine if he answered that way too...something like "we don't even know when Carson will be healthy enough to play..."

But the question itself is a hypothetical that is more of a GM question, so as the GM of the team I don't see why he wouldn't answer as such. If he is going to serve in both capacities he should field and answer questions accordingly. I don't think it does anyone any good for him to pretend he isn't interested in the bigger picture or the longer-term outlook. I would respect an answer that showed that he would protect a higher draft pick in a season that was spinning out of control rather than grasping at a 2-3% chance at a 7-seed and blowout playoff loss in the first round. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I would be fine if he answered that way too...something like "we don't even know when Carson will be healthy enough to play..."

But the question itself is a hypothetical that is more of a GM question, so as the GM of the team I don't see why he wouldn't answer as such. If he is going to serve in both capacities he should field and answer questions accordingly. I don't think it does anyone any good for him to pretend he isn't interested in the bigger picture or the longer-term outlook. I would respect an answer that showed that he would protect a higher draft pick in a season that was spinning out of control rather than grasping at a 2-3% chance at a 7-seed and blowout playoff loss in the first round. 

Martin Mayhew is the GM.

I know, I know- Ron hired him, so yeah.  But formally, the GM is Mayhew.

Of course you and I both know there’s little value at all in grinding out a 7 seed only to get defeated, and lose a 2nd round pick to boot.  But no head coach is ever going to publicly hedge against winning via contract/trade related matters.

Well with the "some owners" comment at least it's good to know that it isn't just Irsay farting into a hurricane.

Question is, is what the "league wants" decided by the owners...or Goodell, who after all works for them? We already know from Irsay that they swept the Wilkinson investigation under the rug, which sounded like a public shot at Goodell.

Is Goodell doing what's best for the league, or what he THINKS is best for the league? He could be in trouble if a majority of the owners don't support his conclusions.

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Martin Mayhew is the GM.

I know, I know- Ron hired him, so yeah.  But formally, the GM is Mayhew.

Of course you and I both know there’s little value at all in grinding out a 7 seed only to get defeated, and lose a 2nd round pick to boot.  But no head coach is ever going to publicly hedge against winning via contract/trade related matters.

OK, I wasn't being a smartass...I swear that I thought Rivera was in charge of all things football-related. I stand corrected. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Curious how practices goes today....

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-coach-ron-rivera-personal-to-miss-wednesday-s-practice?campaign=Twitter_atn

Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio will be leading the Commanders' practice during Rivera's absence.

Jack Del Rio practice notes report “a minor dust-up at practice today…”

too soon?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

OK, I wasn't being a smartass...I swear that I thought Rivera was in charge of all things football-related. I stand corrected. 

He is, in the end. He has final say. So you aren’t wrong even though Mayhew is technically the GM. We don’t know what the division of labor is and Rivera would say they make decisions as a team (and probably do)—but at the end of the day Mayhew can’t force anything on Rivera as Rivera has final say. So your initial read was correct imo.