Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He doesn't have to sell to him.  He can sell to someone else if he wants to.   Even if others offering less. 

The buyer has to be approved by the league. They won’t just let him sell to whoever to try to stick it to them. 

Twenty-four of the 32 NFL owners must approve the transaction. A buyer and a seller may agree on a final price, but the deal can't be finalized until approved by other members.

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He doesn't have to sell to him.  He can sell to someone else if he wants to.   Even if others offering less. 

That’s not the full picture of how it works. The rest of the owners have to approve the sale. So they can turn down anyone they don’t want. Snyder can’t just sell to anyone he wants. 

Or they can do what I speculated months ago, which is to have the league purchase the team and take short-term custody of the franchise to get Snyder and the bad vibes out and away from the league ASAP, and then take their time finding their next buyer without all the Snyder stuff hanging over the final sale (which would inevitably be for more than the initial amount the league pays). A wild scenario but one that I randomly posted about a while ago. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Conn said:

That’s not the full picture of how it works. The rest of the owners have to approve the sale. So they can turn down anyone they don’t want. Snyder can’t just sell to anyone he wants. 

Or they can do what I speculated months ago, which is to have the league purchase the team and take short-term custody of the franchise to get Snyder and the bad vibes out and away from the league ASAP, and then take their time finding their next buyer without all the Snyder stuff hanging over the final sale (which would inevitably be for more than the initial amount the league pays). A wild scenario but one that I randomly posted about a while ago. 

I understand that.   Didn't they reject Milstein before Snyder bought the team?

I'm saying there will be others the league would be fine with besides Bezos.   

25 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

How do you know he contributed to the Wentz stuff?   

I don't but his name is on that article.  And, when it comes to inside info on these type of topics, this is some of what Keim majors in -- who wanted whom behind the scenes.  He seems to be the most connected reporter to this FO.  So at a minimum if Keim's sources conficted with the Wentz report, you'd figure he'd say don't write that. 

I think part of the reason why Dan has been vindicated almost never from these type of stories is the dude is so lawsuit happy including with the media -- that reporters are gun shy about reporting things without very good sourcing.

Knowing Keim he will likely address the article in a future podcast.  And if Keim says the Wentz story was full of crap, i'll be the first to put it on this thread. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Bezos is a slam dunk. They know the money and opportunities he creates for their revenue streams will far outweigh anyone else's potential.

Frankly, I think you really did mean that Snyder could just put the team on Ebay and pick his own buyer.

Edited by ntotoro

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Think we will see the Snyders dancing in the box tonight? 

Sorry in advance if it helps I am still scarred from the last time I posted it

Dan Snyder looked like your dad when he found out steaks ...

Maybe its just me, but the background guy with the smirk looks like he's about three seconds from leaping over the railing and choking Danny out.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Bezos is a slam dunk. They know the money and opportunities he creates for their revenue streams will far outweigh anyone else's potential.

Frankly, I think you really did mean that Snyder could just put the team on Ebay and pick his own buyer.

Actually, I didn't.  I know there's an approval process in ever sport.    I said he can sell to someone else if he wants to, knowing that there will be plenty of suitors.  

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'd like for someone to ask Gibbs and Joe Theismann think of their buddy Snyder after this report.

I hear Dan already gave Joey T and new solid-gold blow dryer as hush money.

Coach Gibbs said Dan could be redeemed if he was super smart about it and fought his guts out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I’m sure that’s true. But nobody here cares one way or another if it’s Bezos or not, that’s just random fodder. Priority numero uno will always be getting Snyder out. Seeing what comes next is, well, next. I doubt anyone here feels passionately about that second part yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I think for me the real bombshell there was that Tanya Snyder is a capable business woman.  

In all seriousness, the REAL bombshell was that Snyder recently attempted to make a second 7 figure hush money payment to the 2009 accuser who "made it up".  Thats damning.  As for the doubts people have over all of it?  Dan Snyder, through his extreme love of suing everyone in a moment, for getting even the slightest thing wrong, has ensured that everyone must believe everything now published in an article about him.  Hes dug his own grave with the media, because now anyone reading it knows theres no way anyone would publish a word that they couldnt defend in court from Dan.

A nominally different take:

“they can’t **** with me” actually endears me to the lil fella a bit.  You fight the power Danny boy and burn the entire ****ing place to the ground.  If we suffer, they all suffer damnit.  Anarchyyyyyyy ****es!!!!

and Tanya, go ahead and take over the team, divorce rodent boy and I’m here for ya sweetheart.  Let’s goooooo

• Haha 4