Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

but even if I were you and excited about Ron being gone -- I am at a 0 out of 10 as far as being jazzed about whatever the next regime is.  We've had almost 25 years of different new beginnings.

Anything is better than being mehh. Being worse is better than mehh for reasons we have talked about. Being good is obviously better. When something obviously isnt going to work sitting around hoping is just a waste of time. 

11 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Anything is better than being mehh. Being worse is better than mehh for reasons we have talked about. Being good is obviously better. When something obviously isnt going to work sitting around hoping is just a waste of time. 

Sure, hoping is a waste of time, but hope is what keeps me hangin on at least. Without hope, I might as well not even be here :) 

and one can still hope, while fully knowing nothing will come of it. Nothing wrong with that 

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I am good with a collapse season, I agree with that.  But i don't think that's what gets the average fan excited.

16 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

"I want the fanbase back but we're not giving them a reason to [come back]."

This almost sounds like a mission statement that Snyder wrote into the Commanders Workplace Manual. It's right there in black and white: we're NOT giving them a reason to come back. 😆

Thought the same thing 

4 hours ago, TXRedskinsFan said:

Bezos will end up buying the team over the next couple years.

He will lure McVay out of retirement with the biggest offer ever for a head coach along with some additional perks.

It will take McVay a couple seasons, but he will get us back to the top-tier.

Bezos more likely to buy Seahawks than us.

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Theres more good people than there are jobs. Some one good would take it. Seen as a savior of a franchise. One yearning to be great again

Uh, not here. You are deluding yourself.

• Like 1

We're on year 3 of the Rivera Revolution, and our defense ranks dead last in turnovers (1 total), 23rd in YPG, 28th in PPG, but we're exceptional in the sack category, ranking 16th. We're on pace for 4 forced turnovers this season. Nice.

Offensively, we're far more impressive. We rank 22nd in YPG, 25th in PPG, 26th in giveaways and a net rank of 31st in total turnover differential.

We're almost there guys. Stay the course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Casual fans which is his key target doesn't know squat about GMs.  If its about sex appeal its about the coach.    And while you and some stagglers are excited about the NEXT narrative, I think the average Commanders fan is skeptical and unmoved by the next narrative whenever it comes.

A. Marty Ball

B.  Fun and Gun

C.  Gibbs is back

D.  Stud coordinators under Gibbs with Gregg and the 100 page playbook Al Saunders

E.  Zorn will fix Campbell

F. Gruden will fix RG3

G. Rivera bringing a new culture.

None of those coaches have a winning record.  So how many people you think are excited about the next narrative Dan sells?  And how many buy that the next GM will be the first that Dan doesn't interfere with?  It's not like Dan advertises in advance that he will interfere -- he does it in the shadows and it comes out later. 

You forgot Shanny.

Listen, you all know as long as Dan owns the team ; there’s no hope.

Once the MJW report comes out and is buried; Dan will take more control not less.

The next era will see Dan take more control. That means a puppet GM as a front man, but behind the scenes Dan is heavily involved.

We rinse and repeat among coaches and Dan will alternate between taking control and giving up control.

Look at the longer tenured coaches;

Gibbs - 4 years, playoffs in Year 2&4 and one playoff win. 

Shanny- 4 years, playoffs in Year 3

Jay - 5 1/4 years, playoffs in year 2

Ron- Currently in Year 3, playoffs in year 1

For any future head coach under Dan that lasts 3 or more years; you probably get one playoff berth. If your really lucky, maybe a playoff win.

Don’t expect any else than an irregular playoff appearance. There will be no sustained success. You have 23 years to know that isn’t happening and baring our fever dream coming true; you have another 30 years of misery.

There will be that momentary excitement at each new era; only to see it crash and burn eventually. The average tenure of coaches will be 3-5 years. 

I fully expect all the other downtrodden franchises to have more success than we do under Dan.

Even though I know the next era will likely be worse; I am ready for it to begin. Had enough of Ron. Everytime I see him open his stupid mouth, makes me angry.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Its going to be long and arduous. Even if they string together some wins and end up battling to 7 wins or something like that everyone can see that everyone else in the division is on a path to being better. Than us in the future. We'll be stuck in the middle still with no QB along with likely the worst FO in the league sticking around lead by an out of date HC who has no idea what hes doing. 

correct friends GIF

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

correct friends GIF

We suck.

There's something deeply demoralizing about the way we suck this time, because it's not injuries, it's not "Club Jay," or anything else that we can pretend is easily fixable. If you look at our personnel management, it sucks. If you look at our coaching, it sucks. If you look at our players, they (mostly) suck. If you look at our scheme, it sucks. If you look at our ownership, it SUCKS.

There's nowhere to go from here. Every loss sucks, because it means we fire Ron, and we're not going to be able to bring in anyone better. Every win sucks, because it increases the odds that we keep Ron, and he sucks. Everything sucks, sucks, sucks. We suck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

We suck.

There's something deeply demoralizing about the way we suck this time, because it's not injuries, it's not "Club Jay," or anything else that we can pretend is easily fixable. If you look at our personnel management, it sucks. If you look at our coaching, it sucks. If you look at our players, they (mostly) suck. If you look at our scheme, it sucks. If you look at our ownership, it SUCKS.

There's nowhere to go from here. Every loss sucks, because it means we fire Ron, and we're not going to be able to bring in anyone better. Every win sucks, because it increases the odds that we keep Ron, and he sucks. Everything sucks, sucks, sucks. We suck.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

We're on year 3 of the Rivera Revolution, and our defense ranks dead last in turnovers (1 total), 23rd in YPG, 28th in PPG, but we're exceptional in the sack category, ranking 16th. We're on pace for 4 forced turnovers this season. Nice.

Offensively, we're far more impressive. We rank 22nd in YPG, 25th in PPG, 26th in giveaways and a net rank of 31st in total turnover differential.

We're almost there guys. Stay the course.

All Aboard Travel GIF by Reconnecting Roots

I disagree with a lot of comments. This team has talent but terrible coaching.

Defense: Young, Payne, Allen, and Sweat would start for most teams in this league. Davis was a first round talent from most mock drafts but needs proper coaching. Jackson was a stud in Cincy, what happened? Fuller was wanted by Ried and won a Superbowl. Curl has been a great pick. 

Offense: McLaurin, Samuel, and Dotson would start for any team in this league. A healthy Thomas would start for most teams. Gibson would thrive as a third down back for any team. McKissic was wanted by Buffalo. Robinson looks promising. Roullier would start for most teams. Cosmi was projected as a first round pick who slipped.  

Yes the o-line and quarterback are major problems. My main concern though is I don't trust Rivera to develop our young players and fix the QB problem. 

• Like 1

Remember guys when we brought in Ron, there wasn’t many big names wanting to come here. I believe Snyder had to give Ron full authority in order to get him.

BIG MISTAKE! Ron has never shown to be a good personnel guy and his overall draft choices (like Davis) and free agents (like Will Jackson) that have been brought in reflect his poor decisions. 

Also stop using injuries as an excuse for the poor play. Every frickin team has injuries. GET OVER IT RON!

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Remember guys when we brought in Ron, there wasn’t many big names wanting to come here. I believe Snyder had to give Ron full authority in order to get him.

BIG MISTAKE! Ron has never shown to be a good personnel guy and his overall draft choices (like Davis) and free agents (like Will Jackson) that have been brought in reflect his poor decisions. 

Also stop using injuries as an excuse for the poor play. Every frickin team has injuries. GET OVER IT RON!

Uh, we have no idea. Ron was hired on Jan. 1, 2020 just 3 days after the season ended.

If Dan wasn’t locked onto Ron, we have no idea who he would’ve gone after or was able to get.

You can bet when the Rivera era ends; Dan will have locked on to someone. Whether that be puppet Gm or head coach.

Even when Dan interviewed multiple coaches in 2004, Dan was locked on trying to lure Gibbs out of retirement. If Gibbs had said no, his coach would’ve been his second choice.

So, expect history to repeat itself in the future.  When it looks like Ron is a goner, pay attention to who Dan invites to sit with him. Eyebrows should be raised if you see a Gm or coach; sitting with Dan. Also, keep an eye on Snyder One.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Uh, we have no idea. Ron was hired on Jan. 1, 2020 just 3 days after the season ended.

If Dan wasn’t locked onto Ron, we have no idea who he would’ve gone after or was able to get.

You can bet when the Rivera era ends; Dan will have locked on to someone. Whether that be puppet Gm or head coach.

Even when Dan interviewed multiple coaches in 2004, Dan was locked on trying to lure Gibbs out of retirement. If Gibbs had said no, his coach would’ve been his second choice.

So, expect history to repeat itself in the future.  When it looks like Ron is a goner, pay attention to who Dan invites to sit with him. Eyebrows should be raised if you see a Gm or coach; sitting with Dan. Also, keep an eye on Snyder One.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/05/report-dan-snyder-met-with-rick-smith-before-hiring-ron-rivera/

There were several reports that Snyder was gonna hire and already interviewed some people for the GM position. He has always be enamored with a big name especially after hiring Jay Gruden. So he hires Ron and then no GM is ever hired? Ron wanted full control. 

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/05/report-dan-snyder-met-with-rick-smith-before-hiring-ron-rivera/

There were several reports that Snyder was gonna hire and already interviewed some people for the GM position. He has always be enamored with a big name especially after hiring Jay Gruden. So he hires Ron and then no GM is ever hired? Ron wanted full control. 

Even if hired Rick Smith, he still would have to still hire a coach and we don’t know who Rick/ Dan would’ve hired.

Remember he talked to Ron for hours. He probably brought Smith to hedge against Ron not taking job. Ron was his focus. We were surprised when that news came out.

I don’t know if Rick Smith would’ve been a good Gm or not but Dan should’ve went that route.