Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get that you hate Jason and all, but pretending Bruce was a positive in any way isn’t the way to make the case against Jason.

Bruce’s connections only helped him to stick around and collect checks for a decade.  Just because he rode daddy’s name and shmoozed himself into a very lucrative career, doesn’t mean he was actually good at his job.

I can think of literally zero net positives that he contributed to the organization or fanbase.  The only good that can possibly come of his time here would be him spilling the beans directly or indirectly that leads to Dan being removed.  For that, I’d take back all the negative things I ever had to say about him and see it as the most important action ever taken to help this fanbase.  Even though he’d only be doing it in spite of Dan and not for the greater good.

It's territory we covered well, you certainly among those, on the GM thread years ago -- we said then Bruce is burying this franchise.  It was the perfect marriage from hell between Bruce and Dan.   Bruce doubled down on the smugness and the sleaze was amped up -- then you add the nastiness he brought along with being a walking gaffe waiting to happen.  He brought life to the clown show.   Dan would have amped that up even more but Dan is afraid to speak.  By the time Bruce was finished even he was scared to speak considering how many times he put his foot in his mouth.

The fact that Bruce is more infamous with the fan base than Cerrato, judging by various polls done by radio stations, says it all.  He was the least liked executive among agents and least trustworthy according to Standig's poll at the time. The dude who botched compensation for Trent and Kirk along with a host of other gaffes.  

The "Bruce era" is the era that basically made this franchise insignficant and a punchline -- where for years we couldn't even get a Sunday Night Football game anymore.

I thought it was funny to keep hearing Bruce's longevity was due to his "political connections" and he's the guy to get the stadium. :ols:.  

In Standig's latest podcast, Jay talked about some in the FO being snakes, and if you hear the whole drill, comes off like it was pointed at Bruce.  Same story from the Shannys about Bruce.  Supposedly Bruce was the dude who pushed out Lafemina.

From 2019

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/bruce-allen-redskins-stadium-news-coming

Bruce Allen says stadium news is coming 'within a year'

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

The person he quoted cited the Law of Averages, which means it is not just about blind hope. That’s what he’s really addressing in that post. Of course you’re allowed to have hope, for a lot of people that’s been burnt out of them, but hope is the heart of fanhood—ideally. 

"... hope is the heart of fanhood—"

Yes indeed!

Every now and again in the midst of our communal angst it's invigorating to be reminded of why we're really all here.

Well said, sir.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is the reality of the bad news fatigue we all live under. Just have to hope it saturates into the public consciousness more and more each time until the cost to keep him around is too great for the other NFL owners, in terms of public sentiment and, more effectively, lack of sympathy for publicly-funded stadiums etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is the reality of the bad news fatigue we all live under. Just have to hope it saturates into the public consciousness more and more each time until the cost to keep him around is too great for the other NFL owners, in terms of public sentiment and, more effectively, lack of sympathy for publicly-funded stadiums etc. 

The more this story goes national the better.  I mentioned this on another thread, I got a Redskins logo on my working chair and a client noticed it on a zoom call I was on and they talked about Snyder and put me on the spot about how can I back that dude.  And I am in Florida.

Dan being a douche has always been big as a local story but in recent years its taking off nationally in a big way, too.  My hope is that other fellow owners take some heat for protecting him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Not quite seeing what the problem is with Jackie Gormans picture she posted…as someone else said on twitter earlier, “people in the workplace getting along on a work trip. The horror!”. And the hashtag, uh, is she not allowed to think her co-workers are pretty people…? 

• Thumb down 5

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not quite seeing what the problem is with Jackie Gormans picture she posted…as someone else said on twitter earlier, “people in the workplace getting along on a work trip. The horror!”. And the hashtag, uh, is she not allowed to think her co-workers are pretty people…? 

They are on the owners yacht- the owner who at the very same time the picture was posted, was being subpoenaed by congress due to sexual assault allegations, cheerleader nude videos, hiring practices and treatment related to females physical appearance, etc.

It’s tone deaf to say the least.

Beyond that, it’s not a good look for the higher ups to put themselves on a pedestal for their appearance.

You are probably the only person on earth that needed an explanation for this.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They are on the owners yacht- the owner who at the very same time the picture was posted, was being subpoenaed by congress due to sexual assault allegations, cheerleader nude videos, h hiring practices and treatment related to females physical appearance, etc.

It’s tone deaf to say the least.

Beyond that, it’s not a good look for the higher ups to put themselves on a pedestal for their appearance.

You are probably the only person on earth that needed an explanation for this.

The head of digital and global events are supposed to be in Cannes for a conference. Should they not be allowed to enjoy their time on a work trip, when they (the ones in the picture) aren’t the ones that are being subpoenaed for anything? I’m not the only one with this opinion. 

this just proves people will whine about anything. Just ridiculous. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 3

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The head of digital and global events are supposed to be in Cannes for a conference. Should they not be allowed to enjoy their time on a work trip, when they (the ones in the picture) aren’t the ones that are being subpoenaed for anything? I’m not the only one with this opinion. 

I never said you were alone in your opinion, I’m sure the bots Snyder pays for are in agreement with you.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 4

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I never said you were alone in your opinion, I’m sure the boys Snyder pays for are in agreement with you.

Yeah because everyone that has a different opinion than you on this on social media MUST be being paid by Snyder….😑 couldn’t just be that other people just don’t see this as an issue at all. 

good lord. I need a drink.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah because everyone that has a different opinion than you on this on social media MUST be being paid by Snyder….😑 couldn’t just be that other people just don’t see this as an issue at all. 

good lord. I need a drink.

To be fair though….I mean, I don’t want to put too fine a point on it….don’t wanna stir things up…..but you DO get paid by Snyder 

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It's the optics of people who report to the people being investigated for two decades of a horrible work environment for, in part, crossing the line with people they worked with. So, it's not some horrible offense in and of itself by Jackie. And, most other years and with virtually any other sports organization, it would be a non-story. But this year with this team, especially on THAT DAY, it was extremely and utterly tone deaf. You must see that. 

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's the optics of people who report to the people being investigated for two decades of a horrible work environment for, in part, crossing the line with people they worked with. So, it's not some horrible offense in and of itself by Jackie. And, most other years and with virtually any other sports organization, it would be a non-story. But this year with this team, especially on THAT DAY, it was extremely and utterly tone deaf. You must see that. 

Yeah, booze, broads and boats was definitely not the best look for the team at this particular moment...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

It’s also just the absolute balls to post anything showing off what a great time you’re having on the owners yacht while he’s supposed to be answering tough questions from Congress and Goodell is there alone taking fire.  Everyone associated with the org should have had the sense yesterday to just lay low.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

It’s also just the absolute balls to post anything showing off what a great time you’re having on the owners yacht while he’s supposed to be answering tough questions from Congress and Goodell is there alone taking fire.  Everyone associated with the org should have had the sense yesterday to just lay low.

Yeah, I don't really blame a bunch of 25-year old employees. This goes back to how poorly the organization is run. How hard is it for the man in charge (Jason Wright) to send an e-mail to all the important people in the organization and say: 

"All,

As a reminder, the NFL Commissioner is appearing in front of Congress today to address the ongoing allegations of workplace issues within our organization. Please help us continue with the culture improvement by being mindful of what you share via social media over the next several days, especially as it pertains to this organization. We want to reflect the Commanders and our employees in the most positive light blah blah blah..."

I suppose it's possible that happened and was ignored, but I doubt it. I think that girl has been with the team for a long time and I don't think that's because she doesn't do what she's told by company leadership. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Yeah, booze, broads and boats was definitely not the best look for the team at this particular moment...

Is that a line in the bottom left of the table or a reflection?

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope more people come out.  I agree with your take on Dan being the dork who finally got money, confused it with popularity and thinking this is how a professional sports team should be run.

How the **** else do you explain this:

SNY.0.gif

I've already threatened bodily harm to next ****er who posted this.

You have been warned.  😐

HTTR!

🤣

• Haha 1