Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

listening to a PFF guy on the radio talk about the East. 

Tim Bontemps on Twitter: "Kevin Durant, when asked by Ernie Johnson if he  can say how he is feeling and when he will be coming back to play: "No."" /  Twitter

As an aside, I hope @TK doesn't ban me for using a meme from the other huge sci-fi franchise.  I know I'm walking a tight-rope here....  

EDIT: I think every time somebody references PFF and hearing their take on anything, I like to remind them THIS guy is the brains behind the opinion operation:

image.jpeg.d89896524dee607f216d17a921a7cab8.jpeg

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Tim Bontemps on Twitter: "Kevin Durant, when asked by Ernie Johnson if he  can say how he is feeling and when he will be coming back to play: "No."" /  Twitter

As an aside, I hope @TK doesn't ban me for using a meme from the other huge sci-fi franchise.  I know I'm walking a tight-rope here....  

EDIT: I think every time somebody references PFF and hearing their take on anything, I like to remind them THIS guy is the brains behind the opinion operation:

image.jpeg.d89896524dee607f216d17a921a7cab8.jpeg

lol, just noticed I put that rant about the Eagles on the wrong thread.  Anyway to bring it on point, Dan I blame you for the Eagles hype, too! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TK said:

You know what. 653 pages in & I'm done with handing out temp bans to idjits that continue to be unable to keep the political comments out of here. From here on out, if you don't care, I don't either. Anyone that can't stop their self gets to become a magic trick. :) 

joker they're GIF by Pixel Bandits

Sometimes I wonder where you find those gifs...

Google doesn't seem either...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

listening to a PFF guy on the radio talk about the East. 

Overall, I can't recall a team crowned like the Eagles are by the national media based on the off season alone.  Feels like they think its comical to even think we can compete with them.  Division to them is just about over with the Eagles having it locked but Dallas has a fighting chance to dethrone them.

Some hyperbole to make a point on my end but it feels almost like the Eagles are coming off a SB and already showed they are the best team in the NFL so anyone thinking otherwise is off.  Best off season on paper of all time for the Eagles?  🙄  The irony is the last time I recall the Eagles crowned based on a perceived killer off season was their "dream team" that blew up on them.  

Not sure who you're listening to. Seems like selective memory or just bad sources. I'm just looking at Super Bowl odds here (https://nypost.com/article/super-bowl-odds/), but Dallas is at +1600, where as Philadelphia is at + 4000 and Washington +5000 (only Miami is between Philly and Washington). Even if we just talk about the division, Dallas is unanimously the betting favorite. And yeah, I get that Vegas isn't "the media", but it's where smart rational odds are. And it's a reflection of the public at large too. You can find anybody on the internet to support any position you want, but the idea that Philly has been "crowned" does not seem to be shared by most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Not sure who you're listening to. Seems like selective memory or just bad sources. I'm just looking at Super Bowl odds here (https://nypost.com/article/super-bowl-odds/), but Dallas is at +1600, where as Philadelphia is at + 4000 and Washington +5000 (only Miami is between Philly and Washington). Even if we just talk about the division, Dallas is unanimously the betting favorite. And yeah, I get that Vegas isn't "the media", but it's where smart rational odds are. And it's a reflection of the public at large too. You can find anybody on the internet to support any position you want, but the idea that Philly has been "crowned" does not seem to be shared by most.

I didnt say a scientific survey of public opinion or Vegas. I agree that ends up differently.  Cowboys in particular sadly have probably the most fans in the country, they come out on top on that front and that filters to public opinion.  I specifically said the national media.  I also said I am bringing some hyperbole to my point to bring it home.  If I was uber serious and trying to be scientific i wouldn't use the word hyperbole into describing my own point. 

We've talked about the Eagles hype, not just me, in multiple threads for weeks.  I never cared to keep score because i never saw the point disputed until now. But yes many local radio hosts have national pundits on their shows and often they are asked who do you think will win the East -- many of them say the Eagles and yeah if not they say Dallas. 

As far as any idea can be found on the Internet to support any position I want.   I think we all get that.  I am not looking for confirmation bias about the Eagles.  I am not an Eagles fan.   So i gather that's maybe to belittle the point? 😀  But if so, i think you are taking my point too deep.   As far as the Eagles hype its deeper than it being a symptom of any random point can be found on the Internet. 

I've been an NFL media junkie forever.  I post as much articles on this site as anyone, I subscribe to everything just about as far as national sports and post much of that on various threads here -- i am not bad at recognizing real hype versus some random outlier internet article.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/philadelphia-eagles/dan-orlovsky-names-team-to-beat-in-nfc-east

According to Orlovsky, the Philadelphia Eagles are the best team in the NFC East heading into the fall. 

Orlovsky labeled the Eagles as the "team to beat" immediately after they signed Pro Bowl cornerback James Bradberry to a one-year, $10 million contract.

eagles.jpeg

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Anyway to bring it on point, Dan I blame you for the Eagles hype, too! 

He knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried also.  We need an investigation.  

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Not sure who you're listening to. Seems like selective memory or just bad sources. I'm just looking at Super Bowl odds here (https://nypost.com/article/super-bowl-odds/), but Dallas is at +1600, where as Philadelphia is at + 4000 and Washington +5000 (only Miami is between Philly and Washington). Even if we just talk about the division, Dallas is unanimously the betting favorite. And yeah, I get that Vegas isn't "the media", but it's where smart rational odds are.

PFF is smarter than Vegas. They are smarter than you.  They are the embodiment of rational and analytical thought.  Just like their dear leader:

image.jpeg.eb6c7e223607b7f2898f65d87e4a6a05.jpeg

We should all strive to be as enlightened as them.  Most of us will fail.  

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didnt say a scientific survey of public opinion or Vegas. I agree that ends up differently.  Cowboys in particular sadly have probably the most fans in the country, they come out on top on that front and that filers to public opinion.  I specifically said the national media.  I also said I am bringing some hyperbole to my point to bring it home.  If I was uber serious and trying to be scientific i wouldn't use the word hyperbole into describing my own point. 

We've talked about the Eagles hype, not just me, in multiple threads for weeks.  I never cared to keep score because i never saw the point disputed until now. But yes many local radio hosts have national pundits on their shows and many of them are asked who do you think will win the East -- many of them say the Eagles and yeah if not they say Dallas. 

As far as any idea can be found on the Internet to support any position I want.  Cool.   I think we all get that.  I m not looking for confirmation bais about the Eagles.  I am not an Eagles fan.   So i gather that's maybe to belittle the point? 😀  But if so, i think you are taking my point too deep.   As far as the Eagles hype its deeper than it being a symptom of any random point can be found on the Internet. 

I've been an NFL media junkie forever.  I post as much articles on this site as anyone, I subscribe to everything just about as far as national sports and post much of that on various threads here -- i am not bad at recognizing real hype versus some random outlier internet article.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/philadelphia-eagles/dan-orlovsky-names-team-to-beat-in-nfc-east

According to Orlovsky, the Philadelphia Eagles are the best team in the NFC East heading into the fall. 

Orlovsky labeled the Eagles as the "team to beat" immediately after they signed Pro Bowl cornerback James Bradberry to a one-year, $10 million contract.

eagles.jpeg

I mean, it makes sense when you think about it.  We’re the laughingstock of the league, who didn’t do squat all offseason, except trade for a QB the media dislikes and thinks is overrated.  They also laugh at what we gave up to get him, thinking that we could’ve just signed him if the Colts cut him.

But that’s neither here nor there.  Sometimes I think the fanbase forgets to see the team from the lenses of a neutral fan or more specifically the media.  If you were a neutral observer, with our lackluster offseason, what would make anyone who isn’t a blind homer predict that the Commanders are a favorite to win the division?  I would argue that our lack of activity in free agency, especially on the defensive end hurts us rather than helps us.

Edited by samy316

21 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I mean, it makes sense when you think about it.  We’re the laughingstock of the league, who didn’t do squat all offseason, except trade for a QB the media dislikes and thinks is overrated.  They also laugh at what we gave up to get him, thinking that we could’ve just signed him if the Colts cut him.

But that’s neither here nor there.  Sometimes I think the fanbase forgets to see the team from the lenses of a neutral fan or more specifically the media.  If you were a neutral observer, with our lackluster offseason, what would make anyone who isn’t a blind homer predict that the Commanders are a favorite to win the division?  I would argue that our lack of activity in free agency, especially on the defensive end hurts us rather than helps us.

Don't get me wrong the Eagles deserve to some extent the hype.  They've been uber aggressive.  And I agree our team not so much aside from Wentz.    Dallas hasn't done much either.    Though sometimes the best laid plans don't always work out as well as it looks on paper.

PFF thinks the Eagles have the best O line in the NFL.  Some think they now have among the best weapons in the league.  Last season, they were one of the best rushing teams.  They need more on their defense but IMO Jordan Davis and Reddick should help.

I am not much of a Hurts guy so I think he will limit them. 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/05/eagles-best-offseason-jalen-hurts-aj-brown-nfc-east-cowboys

USA Today Sports

The Philadelphia Eagles, owners of the NFL's best offseason, are coming to steal the Cowboys' NFC East crown

n the span of three months, here’s what he’s done to add firepower to his playoff armada:

• re-signed Jason Kelce so he can end his career in Philadelphia while drafting his replacement, Cam Jurgens
  • signed Haason Reddick and re-signed Derek Barnett to bring stability to an inconsistent pass rush
  • replaced Alex Singleton (12.7 percent missed tackle rate, 111.4 passer rating allowed in coverage) with Kyzir White (5.3 percent missed tackle rate, 88.1 rating allowed) at linebacker
  • traded one of his three 2022 first round picks to the Saints for a smattering of valuable selections that sets Philly up for another draft with multiple Day 1 selections in 2023
  • traded another 2022 first round pick to the Tennessee Titans to acquire AJ Brown, who then signed a four year, $100 million extension to stay in town
  • traded up in the first round to draft Jordan Davis, a 341-pound defensive lineman capable of beefing up an aging group in the trenches and also the fastest big man in Combine history
  • drafted Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean, an expected first round pick, in the third round after injury concerns caused Dean’s stock to plummet
  • signed James Bradberry, a 2020 Pro Bowler, to beef up his aging secondary after the Giants released him earlier this offseason.

An employee of Washington’s NFL team accused owner Daniel Snyder of sexually harassing and assaulting her in April 2009, three months before the team agreed to pay the woman $1.6 million as part of a confidential settlement, according to legal correspondence obtained by The Washington Post.

The woman accused Snyder of asking her for sex, groping her and attempting to remove her clothes, according to a letter sent by an attorney for the team to the woman’s lawyer in 2009. The woman alleged the assault occurred in a private, partitioned area at the back of one of the team’s private planes during a return flight from a work trip to Las Vegas.

Snyder denied the woman’s allegations, the letter states, and a team investigation accused her of fabricating her claims as part of an extortion attempt. But Snyder and the team eventually agreed to pay her a seven-figure sum as part of a settlement in which she agreed not to sue or publicly disclose her allegations.

The existence of a $1.6 million settlement was first reported by The Post in 2020. Details of her allegations have not been previously reported. They emerge as the NFL investigates a separate accusation of sexual harassment against Snyder and as members of Congress press the team and the NFL for information about the league’s year-long investigation of sexual harassment at the franchise, which concluded in 2021 with no public report or investigative findings.

Snyder, through his attorneys, declined an interview request, and his attorneys declined to comment. Snyder called the woman’s claims “meritless” in a court filing in 2020, saying the team only settled at the request of an insurance company. His accuser and her attorney, Brendan Sullivan, declined to comment. The Post typically does not name alleged victims of sexual assault without their consent.

The letter obtained by The Post was written by Howard Shapiro, an attorney at WilmerHale law firm, which had assisted in investigating the woman’s allegations. In his letter, written in response to the woman’s legal threats, Shapiro argued forcefully that her claims were “knowingly false,” made numerous allegations in attempts to undermine her credibility and said Snyder and the team would “seek damages” from her. Shapiro and WilmerHale did not respond to requests for comment.

The letter makes no mention of NFL involvement in the team investigation. The league’s personal conduct policy in 2009 required investigations of sexual assault allegations to be overseen by the league office, with Commissioner Roger Goodell determining any discipline. The team’s investigation in 2009, according to the letter, was overseen by then-general counsel David Donovan, who reported to Snyder.

The NFL and Donovan declined to comment.

In concluding the woman fabricated the assault, the letter says, Donovan cited the plane’s tight configuration and quiet engine, as well as interviews with passengers who said they didn’t notice signs of an assault or distress during the flight.

He also accused her of lying during the investigation, the letter states, by claiming she maintained an “impeccable personal and professional reputation.” To undermine that claim, Donovan cited allegations about the woman’s personal conduct, including that she wore revealing clothing and flirted with other men on the trip to Las Vegas.

The Post described the team investigation, as summarized in the letter, to three experts in sexual assault investigations, who said the team may have been justified in concluding that the woman’s claim was unsubstantiated. But these experts said the evidence cited in the letter does not prove the woman fabricated her claims, and they criticized the inclusion of potentially damaging allegations about the woman’s personal life, regardless of Donovan’s rationale.

“This is exactly the type of stuff we’ve worked hard since the 1970s to abolish from how sex crimes are investigated,” said Joanne Archambault, a retired sergeant with the San Diego Police Department who oversaw sex crimes investigations and the founder of End Violence Against Women International.

D.C. attorney Beth Wilkinson, who led the NFL’s investigation of Washington’s workplace, interviewed Snyder’s 2009 accuser in 2020, The Post previously reported. But she did so amid what she later described as efforts by Snyder’s lawyers to “silence” the woman, including by offering her more money to not speak with the NFL investigator. An attorney for Snyder has denied these allegations.

As Wilkinson investigated in 2020, she also fended off a lawsuit by Donovan, who asked a federal judge to prohibit Wilkinson from disclosing anything about the 2009 investigation or settlement in her final report to the NFL. The Post attempted to intervene in the case, to advocate for the unsealing of records, but a judge denied the paper’s request.

Donovan dropped his lawsuit, but whatever Wilkinson concluded about the 2009 allegations against Snyder remains confidential because of Goodell’s refusal to release any public report or findings from her investigation. Wilkinson declined to comment.

Goodell’s handling of Wilkinson’s investigation led Democrats on the House Oversight Committee to launch their own inquiry last fall. That probe surfaced the new allegation of sexual harassment against Snyder, by former employee Tiffani Johnston. Appearing before the committee in February, Johnston, a former cheerleader and marketing manager for the team, accused the owner of putting his hand on her leg under the table at a team dinner and trying to force her into his limousine.\

Snyder has denied Johnston’s allegations. The NFL hired Mary Jo White, a former U.S. attorney and chairwoman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, to investigate her claims, as well as accusations of financial improprieties raised by a former vice president of sales, which the team has also denied.

White did not reply to requests for comment.

On Wednesday, Goodell is scheduled to appear before the House Oversight Committee to discuss the NFL’s handling of its investigation of Washington’s workplace culture. Snyder declined a request to appear at the same hearing, saying he had a team-related business meeting in another country the same day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/06/21/dan-snyder-sexual-assault-allegation/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Here we go...

Here we go... Again 

Snyder denied the woman’s allegations, the letter states, and a team investigation accused her of fabricating her claims as part of an extortion attempt. But Snyder and the team eventually agreed to pay her a seven-figure sum as part of a settlement in which she agreed not to sue or publicly disclose her allegations.

Ah. The story my old man was threatening to sue the Washington post over during the weekend if they wrote this story. Yeah, funny thing is, the Washington post doesn’t even know the true facts. They only publish half of the details of that investigation but fail to report that video evidence even confirmed no sexual assault even happened. 

they even fail to mention the woman even got a text from her husband saying he was close to bankruptcy and they needed some way to come up with the money. 

Washington Post isn’t going to enjoy this lawsuit 😁 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ah. The story my old man was threatening to sue the Washington post over during the weekend if they wrote this story. Yeah, funny thing is, the Washington post doesn’t even know the true facts. They only publish half of the details of that investigation but fail to report that video evidence even confirmed no sexual assault even happened. 

they even fail to mention the woman even got a text from her husband saying he was close to bankruptcy and they needed some way to come up with the money. 

why did they settle for $1.6M?…I mean, video evidence proving her allegations are not true would seem to make that option unnecessary.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m gonna go on a limb and say you don’t know what you’re talking about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I’m gonna go on a limb and say you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Seeing as how I’ve heard all of this from my father (who had to take care of these allegations back in 2009, and his old lawfirm was who investigated it), yeah, I actually DO. So, good talk :) 

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They only publish half of the details of that investigation but fail to report that video evidence even confirmed no sexual assault even happened. 

Yeah....  Insurance companies are in the habit of footing a $1.6 million settlement when there's exculpatory video evidence to show the insured's innocence....  Sure....

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Seeing as how I’ve heard all of this from my father (who had to take care of these allegations back in 2009, and his old lawfirm was who investigated it), yeah, I actually DO. So, good talk :) 

So your father breached his ethical duties and you just posted that on a public forum.  Smart....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t buy that your father knows the truth either.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You can go to trial and release the video evidence that proves you’re innocent…

…or you could give here $1.6 million dollars.

So, the only reason you would do that is if you thought the defense of the lawsuit would cost more than $1.6m.  

Which I doubt.  

Is this the smoking gun?  I dunno.  There seems to be 2 sides of the story.  

Also, I bet Jerrah has 25 of these hidden somewhere.

I hope it is.  I am still doubtful.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

I do wonder where the post got these documents.  I bet it was either from Congress or Lisa Banks somehow.

• Like 1