Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

25 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Here’s an example of how the “juice” practice allegedly worked. Friedman told the Committee that he “falsely processed” $162,360 in Commanders ticket revenue as arising from a Navy-Notre Dame game at FedEx Field. The team’s former chief financial officer, Steven Choi, allegedly directed Friedman to do it this way, in a May 6, 2014 email.

That's easy for Snyder to defend: "Mr. Choi is no longer employed by the team, so this problem has been fixed." Same way scumbags like Larry Allen and Alex Santos escaped any consequences for the cheerleader video.

However...if the false season ticket waiting list thing was a scam, then it certainly makes La Femina's firing more suspect.

This section is what caught my eye. Sure we all know who it was directed by, but there's no evidence. Just like we all know he grabbed Tiffany's leg under the table, but there's no evidence. 

Things are escalating for sure, but I'll believe him being forced out when I see it. On the surface, still looks like plausible deniability. I'm sure it's no accident he doesn't use an email account...

• Thumb down 1

Just posted some tweets from national media folks and there definitely seems to be a lot more attention paid to this than when that report came out alluding to this last week. Of course, this is information that is from Congress to the FTC, so it's pretty much official that something nefarious went down ... so it makes sense more people would focus on it.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for why would Dan skim money when he's already making so much?  He's the same dude who sued an old lady who couldn't afford her season tickets among others.  Same dude that served cheap food in the team's cafeteria which wasn't that healthy and Shanny had to tell him this had to change.   

They went fior a faze where they barely missed with upgrade the grass at fedex field because it was too expensive.  The facilities are third rate compared to the NFL.  On and on.  Being cheap and finding ways to add to the bottom line fits the Dan ammo as opposed to being an outlier.  

One of the cheapest scouting staffs for a long time, lost out on some assistant coaches that Jay wanted to keep over hundreds of thousand dollars, supposedly wanted to keep Haz once Shanny was fired because he want to save some money by keeping that defensive staff. 

Heck part of the drill on the investigation for sexual harassment was this team was compared to other teams they had a bare bones human resources staff. 

So saving hundreds of thousands of dollars or a million here and there is kind of how he rolls. 

Thank you. It agitates me so much when people say that this makes no sense as an accusation when it is literally a hallmark of his entire ownership here. The only things he’s consistently spent money on are HC contracts and in the past, big FA contracts at the top of the roster. That’s it. He’s cheap as **** and cuts every corner for every dollar possible. This rings completely true. 

• Like 4

A few thoughts...

1) Has anyone besides Jason Friedman come forward?

2) If there's no evidence that Dan knew about this; then this is not a story, because I believe these people were fired.

3) Why is Lisa Banks involved in this?   Isn't she representing the sexual harassment folks?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

I know we’re all cynics here and we are skeptical of congressional effectiveness because of *gesticulates wildly at everything in the world* but it’s just bizarre to read this post after we found out an hour ago that the House Oversight Committee is referring this to the FTC, with specific accusations, and they say they have documentation. I understand protecting our hearts and not getting our hopes up but come ON. Doesn’t mean it goes anywhere that helps us as fans get rid of him as an NFL owner (although it looks more realistic than ever) but this is very clearly a real story.  

Still aborbing and really feelin this post, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise I've mentioned this before in another thread, but owners are clearly balancing potential lost revenue (as opposed to literally costing them money) versus keeping an incompetent owner in place they don't have to compete for championships with.

There's no doubt there's more support in our fan base for a possible Bezos ownership then there would be among the other owners.  This is bigger then money lost or missing for them, they're all billionaires mot hurting for money.

Yeah I've heard every now and then that theory.  From what i've digested, I don't think that's the prevailing attitude of owners.  Granted there is no way to know.

I've read things and heard different things in different podcasts from national and insider types who have these thoughts about Dan typically.

A.  The owners would love to get rid of him.

B.  Why?  They don't like him.   He is losing them money by how he's running down this franchise.  This is a key franchise for the NFL being in the capital -- its important to the league.

C.  Why don't they do it.  Every now and then I hear well he sucks so other teams can beat up on him.  But its usually not that.  It's usually that they hate the idea of setting a precedent to remove an owner.  If they do that, they can be next.  And Dan is litigious as heck so if he's going down he's taking others down with him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I've heard every now and then that theory.  From what i've digested, I don't think that's the prevailing attitude of owners.  Granted there is no way to know.

I've read things and heard different things in different podcasts from national and insider types who have these thoughts about Dan typically.

A.  The owners would love to get rid of him.

B.  Why?  They don't like him.   He is losing them money by how he's running down this franchise.  This is a key franchise for the NFL being in the capital -- its important to the league.

C.  Why don't they do it.  Every now and then I hear well he sucks so other teams can beat up on him.  But its usually not that.  It's usually that they hate the idea of setting a precedent to remove an owner.  If they do that, they can be next.  And Dan is litigious as heck so if he's going down he's taking others down with him.

Yea, C is most likely, there's no way he's only owner that done some of the stuff he's been accused of, so what would be precedent to prevent a purge of NFL owners? 

Cheaper to keep her (sometimes)...

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

I dislike Barstool but completely unironically if they took up the anti-Snyder mission loudly, and used their considerable media and social media weight to push the narrative that he needs to go—that would matter. They have some high profile Washington fans from what I’ve seen but the company as a whole throwing it’s internet weight around would be another matter entirely. They’re worth way over half a billion dollars themselves and have their hands in everything from Daily Fantasy Sports to gambling to blogs to podcasts etc.  They have big money partnerships with the same gambling companies that the NFL does.

They sell for the most part to the lowest common denominator sports fan but that accounts for millions and millions of people. That’s a base, foundational aspect of American culture. And the one thing they can do at a top level is organize  their fans’ money and (sometimes negative) considerable internet attention towards specific causes in extremely large groups. 

Edited by Conn

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I dislike Barstool but completely unironically if they took up the anti-Snyder mission loudly, and used their considerable media and social media weight to push the narrative that he needs to go—that would matter. They have some high profile Washington fans from what I’ve seen but the company as a whole throwing it’s internet weight around would be another matter entirely. They’re worth way over half a billion dollars themselves and have their hands in everything from Daily Fantasy Sports to gambling to blogs to podcasts etc. They sell for the most part to the lowest common denominator sports fan but that accounts for millions and millions of people. That’s a base, foundational aspect of American culture. And the one thing they can do at a top level is organize  their fans’ money and (sometimes negative) considerable internet attention towards specific causes in extremely large groups. 

PFT has been all over this for obvious reasons, as has Nate ... but they're also, for all their "clout" ... fanboys who cannot be differentiated from what the rest of us are doing and saying. BUT, it does help drive the narrative since PFT has nearly 1 million followers, even if he is a jokester about it all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

Thank you. It agitates me so much when people say that this makes no sense as an accusation when it is literally a hallmark of his entire ownership here. The only things he’s consistently spent money on are HC contracts and in the past, big FA contracts at the top of the roster. That’s it. He’s cheap as **** and cuts every corner for every dollar possible. This rings completely true. 

Yeah you could argue the whole cascade of things going off the rails for Dan started by him being cheap.  He used COVID as a reason to forgo making the payments to the minority owners which set off a war.  Heck Bruce Allen had to sue Dan to get his back pay.

The same dude who tried to charge $10 to watch training camp practice, buy expired peanuts to make a few bucks.  On and on and on. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

A few thoughts...

1) Has anyone besides Jason Friedman come forward?

2) If there's no evidence that Dan knew about this; then this is not a story, because I believe these people were fired.

3) Why is Lisa Banks involved in this?   Isn't she representing the sexual harassment folks?

It’s still a story because none of it matters legally—all that matters is whether it pisses off the 31 other owners. And they know that this would have been at Snyder’s direction whether it can be proven or not. All we need this committee and the FTC to do is point out what was done and provide facts, not pursue justice. The NFL ownership groups will take care of that part. 

If he’s forced to sell because of this stuff the retrospectives on his failed ownership on ESPN and the like are going to be INCREDIBLE. You cannot even cover all the greatest hits in a full segment, you wouldn’t even get close. The open disdain and negativity about him would be so fun to witness knowing it’s in the rear view. Just entire channels full of talking heads and reporters openly ****ting on the guy for weeks. Would be such a cleanse for us as a fanbase. We’d instantly become lovable underdogs and a popular team to root for and talk about again, the intrigue would be so high and the jubilation from this fanbase would be palpable

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Conn said:

This seems important, that it was not just Friedman who knew about this 

Yep I noticed that the Commanders push back on the story centers purely on attacking Friedman's credibility.  So I agree this gives another angle to work around that tactic from them. 

Very good point that if the NFL doesn’t on the surface freak out about this and drop the hammer on Snyder, it makes everyone go “hmmm you don’t seem super upset about him cooking the books, what’s up with your books then?” 

They almost have to act like this is shocking, appalling, and worthy of the death penalty as an owner to look clean themselves. 

• Like 2