Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

34 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

One sponsor has pulled out.

Darren M. Haynes (@DarrenMHaynes) Tweeted:

A corporate sponsor has CUT TIES with the Washington Commanders:

@MedliminalLLC says "we are sincerely disappointed in the Commanders handling of both the facts & allegations surrounding their organization"

Company removed #TakeCommand logo👀

Full Story:https://t.co/FAxINB9wp2 https://t.co/htAWbmcElY

The butterfly has flapped its wings.

Can the hurricane be far behind?

image.png.6c84ff3daa4d575296a906a2bc6af733.png

You've heard of the butterfly effect, right? That if a butterfly flaps its wings at just the right time in just the right place. It can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away. It's chaos theory, but see, chaos theory isn't exactly about chaos. It's about how a tiny change in a big system can affect everything.
Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 2/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, CobraCommander said:

Is there anything else we can do as fans to make Snyder miserable and want to sell? Anyone got some 18 wheelers we can block access to his house with or something? Can we buy some billboards? What do we have to do to convince him we don't want him to be our owner. Nobody in their right minds wants him here. How do we drill that into his thick skull? I've boycotted the team financially for close to 5 years now. I haven't even bought so much as a hat. I'm just so exhausted by it all. 

Fully reject the new name, logo, uniforms, etc. in any and every way possible. 

Don't allow the hype of the rebrand trick you into thinking it's a new dawn and don't start attending games again. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Fully reject the new name, logo, uniforms, etc. in any and every way possible. 

Don't allow the hype of the rebrand trick you into thinking it's a new dawn and don't start attending games again. 

I'm gonna old man fart into a zip lock bag and send it to Dan and Tanya's mansion by express mail.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Elon would be the dream owner IMO. The guy hires the best and does nothing but succeed while letting his people do their jobs. I dont think he has any interest in sports at all though.  I dont really care who it is at this point. As long as Dan is gone. 

A lack of interest in sports might be just what the team would need in an owner. He'd hire the best people who could handle the football side of it for him and pay them very well to win. Danny was a Redskins fan. Jerruh was a college ball player. And all they do is meddle in the football side of their organizations. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm gonna old man fart into a zip lock bag and send it to Dan and Tanya's mansion by express mail.

if you are successful, you will become a legend. Then You can start your own ticktock where you can promote and sell old man farts. People from all over the world will be buying from FarterInTheRye. 

you’re on to something. Don’t let this talent fade. Nurture it and feed it (literally).

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

if you are successful, you will become a legend. Then You can start your own ticktock where you can promote and sell old man farts. People from all over the world will be buying from FarterInTheRye. 

you’re on to something. Don’t let this talent fade. Nurture it and feed it (literally).

I'm off to Wendy's to buy 2 large bowls of chili with extra beans.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Commander -JB- said:

Don’t be so surprised.  If a new owner does come in then most likely he’s eventually going to clean house and start new from President on down…

Nah not necessarily most owners come in give the people in charge a year to see how well they mesh and see how things are going and then decide from there. It’s also depends on what’s going on. Hypothetically let’s say Dan is forced to sell. Team makes playoffs and attendance starts rebounding between being competitive and some of the things Jason is doing for fans that those that want him fired conveniently ignore. A new owner coming in and firing two people who despite what are our fan base thinks are two of the most respected individuals in the league it would not be a good look and would feel very much like Dan all over again. 

In the end, it's not only the Commanders but other NFL teams too. Look you got Congress (Pot) calling the kettle (Commanders/NFL) black.

www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2021/03/24/182_million_congressional_slush_fund_for_metoo_claims_769046.html

Fron the article: "Since 1997, the Office of Congressional Workplace Rights has paid out $18.2 million to settle 291 cases of workplace disputes for Congress, the Capitol Police, the Architect of the Capitol, and the Library of Congress.

When news first broke of the settlement account, Congress was accused of having a veritable #MeToo slush fund to secretly pay off victims of sexual harassment. Reports surfaced that then-Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) negotiated a secret settlement with a female staffer who accused him of sexual misconduct, and the 88-year-old quickly resigned from Congress.

It turns out Conyers’ Congressional office budget paid out his sexual misconduct settlement, meaning that total wasn’t even included in the multi-million-dollar “slush” fund’s reported total."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Nah not necessarily most owners come in give the people in charge a year to see how well they mesh and see how things are going and then decide from there. It’s also depends on what’s going on. Hypothetically let’s say Dan is forced to sell. Team makes playoffs and attendance starts rebounding between being competitive and some of the things Jason is doing for fans that those that want him fired conveniently ignore. A new owner coming in and firing two people who despite what are our fan base thinks are two of the most respected individuals in the league it would not be a good look and would feel very much like Dan all over again. 

Well, I did say “eventually” which can mean wait a year or so.  However, an owner is going to make moves the way he sees fit.  I don’t think Jason Wright is one of the most respected people in the league lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Commander -JB- said:

Well, I did say “eventually” which can mean wait a year or so.  However, an owner is going to make moves the way he sees fit.  I don’t think Jason Wright is one of the most respected people in the league lol

You don’t? You think the league would just decide on a whim to just make Dan hire him and tell him he wasn’t allowed to touch Jason if he wasn’t extremely respected around the league?

https://theundefeated.com/features/historic-hiring-jason-wright-washington-football-team-nfl-first-black-team-president/amp/

Wright is both well-positioned and well-suited to succeed as a trailblazer, many NFL executives and longtime league observers told The Undefeated, because he’s uniquely qualified to lead in these unprecedented times.

Recently, the league office aggressively pursued Wright to fill a high-ranking position that would have given him major input in charting the league’s diversity strategy, according to multiple NFL sources. According to one executive, “he was Roger’s No. 1 pick” for that job. Although Wright decided to stay put at McKinsey & Company, his stature among powerful league influencers only increased.

Jason is absolutely extremely highly regarded and respected around the league. Do not let the the fact that Jason is constantly having to go back behind the toddler Dan and clean up his messes cloud your judgement on him. 

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Phew man the amount of people wanting Ron and Jason fired boggles my mind.

Jason is an nfl hire. Once we have a new owner; the new owner needs to sweep out the Snyder hires and have his/her own people.

Ron is mediocre at best. 

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

You don’t? You think the league would just decide on a whim to just make Dan hire him and tell him he wasn’t allowed to touch Jason if he wasn’t extremely respected around the league?

https://theundefeated.com/features/historic-hiring-jason-wright-washington-football-team-nfl-first-black-team-president/amp/

Wright is both well-positioned and well-suited to succeed as a trailblazer, many NFL executives and longtime league observers told The Undefeated, because he’s uniquely qualified to lead in these unprecedented times.

Recently, the league office aggressively pursued Wright to fill a high-ranking position that would have given him major input in charting the league’s diversity strategy, according to multiple NFL sources. According to one executive, “he was Roger’s No. 1 pick” for that job. Although Wright decided to stay put at McKinsey & Company, his stature among powerful league influencers only increased.

Jason is absolutely extremely highly regarded and respected around the league. Do not let the the fact that Jason is constantly having to go back behind the toddler Dan and clean up his messes cloud your judgement on him. 

What exactly is he highly regarded and respected around the league for?  What accomplishments does he have?  

Completely ****ed up the Sean Taylor tribute earlier this year, made a lame ass apology and then cowered from the public for practically two months.  His Commanders unveiling was pathetic.  Tried to defend the wrong dates on the crest to Sheehan.  

After Brucifer, I'd love nothing more than to have someone who's fantastic in that role.  But Wright is an incompetent boob.  I don't care that he worked at McKinsey.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

43 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I would not worry about the coaching move are team president yet this will probably take a season or so to do I think they will finish there contracts.

Wut

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron is mediocre at best. 

This is what I think of when I see your constant fire Ron posts. What'd he do to you bro?

f4c335b3c201a85db9e1156f2c486e1f641e6979a9b1243d52d4fa22f3731b70_1.jpg

• Haha 10

25 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Pffft. He’s Dan Snyder’s sock puppet & everybody knows it.

Blah Blah Blah Sock Puppet GIF by Your Happy Workplace

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What exactly is he highly regarded and respected around the league for?  What accomplishments does he have?  

Completely ****ed up the Sean Taylor tribute earlier this year, made a lame ass apology and then cowered from the public for practically two months.  His Commanders unveiling was pathetic.  Tried to defend the wrong dates on the crest to Sheehan.  

After Brucifer, I'd love nothing more than to have someone who's fantastic in that role.  But Wright is an incompetent boob.  I don't care that he worked at McKinsey.

Lmao why was it a lame apology because you didn’t agree with it? No matter what the man said you wouldn’t have liked it. Dude screwed up and admitted it and whether you believe it or not was telling the truth that he really was unaware about what that meant to the fan base and legitimately felt really bad about it. And why was the unveiling pathetic? Is it because he didn’t invite you? Or say hey come on down fans free for all come boo us all on national tv cause you’re not getting your way about the name we can’t have after 80% of you didn’t want the name to change anyways and are gonna hate it no matter what! I’ll also say this the park n party was actually a really cool event that you know was two days after the name reveal specifically for us fans that they didn’t have to do. They could’ve gone the Indians route and announced it via a Tom Hanks video with no fan event, no former players driving around giving out free gear, no free swag bags nothing at all for the fans. Oh and then get sued right after the name is announced just like Cleveland did. Just what the franchise needs is another lawsuit right? But hey you couldn’t potentially had a name you liked right? Oh and whether you think his excuse about the dates was bs or not doesn’t change the fact that what he said to sheehan is factually correct the nfl record books show the dates as 83, 88, and 92. I know this because I’ve actually gone and looked so no it wasn’t a bs excuse. Season ticket sales are up. There’s legitimate hope at getting a new stadium. They are legitimately trying to do some cool things for fans. We have probably one of the most diverse executive groups in the entire league. The work culture has reportedly greatly improved inside the building which was the most important thing because in the words of coach Rivera “Thats real life ****.” None of that is happening because of ownership it’s happening in spite it. But just because you don’t like him or because he offended you in someway shape or form hardly makes the man incompetent. What he has accomplished is pretty incredible considering our owner. He’s handled it as gracefully as possible considering the fan base is constantly crapping on him, having to do a complete rebrand that most of the fans didn’t want, constantly having to take arrows for a man that probably HATES that you are there and you probably can’t stand. Not to mention every time you clean up one mess the little toddler man is running around behind you making another one. So excuse the hell out of me if I don’t think a couple of mistakes makes the man incompetent or any less respected around the league. Let’s hope you never make any mistakes on your job cause that would make you incompetent ;) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lmao why was it a lame apology because you didn’t agree with it? No matter what the man said you wouldn’t have liked it. Dude screwed up and admitted it and whether you believe it or not was telling the truth that he really was unaware about what that meant to the fan base and legitimately felt really bad about it. And why was the unveiling pathetic? Is it because he didn’t invite you? Or say hey come on down fans free for all come boo us all on national tv cause you’re not getting your way about the name we can’t have after 80% of you didn’t want the name to change anyways and are gonna hate it no matter what! I’ll also say this the park n party was actually a really cool event that you know was two days after the name reveal specifically for us fans that they didn’t have to do. They could’ve gone the Indians route and announced it via a Tom Hanks video with no fan event, no former players driving around giving out free gear, no free swag bags nothing at all for the fans. Oh and then get sued right after the name is announced just like Cleveland did. Just what the franchise needs is another lawsuit right? But hey you couldn’t potentially had a name you liked right? Oh and whether you think his excuse about the dates was bs or not doesn’t change the fact that what he said to sheehan is factually correct the nfl record books show the dates as 83, 88, and 92. I know this because I’ve actually gone and looked so no it wasn’t a bs excuse. Season ticket sales are up. There’s legitimate hope at getting a new stadium. They are legitimately trying to do some cool things for fans. We have probably one of the most diverse executive groups in the entire league. The work culture has reportedly greatly improved inside the building which was the most important thing because in the words of coach Rivera “Thats real life ****.” None of that is happening because of ownership it’s happening in spite it. But just because you don’t like him or because he offended you in someway shape or form hardly makes the man incompetent. What he has accomplished is pretty incredible considering our owner. He’s handled it as gracefully as possible considering the fan base is constantly crapping on him, having to do a complete rebrand that most of the fans didn’t want, constantly having to take arrows for a man that probably HATES that you are there and you probably can’t stand. Not to mention every time you clean up one mess the little toddler man is running around behind you making another one. So excuse the hell out of me if I don’t think a couple of mistakes makes the man incompetent or any less respected around the league. Let’s hope you never make any mistakes on your job cause that would make you incompetent ;) 

Jason Wright fits right in with the incompetent front office.  He is a Snyder stooge.  You defending the years on the crest is hilarious.  That was truly inexcusable and embarrassing.  

18 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Jason Wright fits right in with the incompetent front office.  He is a Snyder stooge.  You defending the years on the crest is hilarious.  That was truly inexcusable and embarrassing.  

It’s not a defense and I didn’t even say I liked it all I said was that his “bs” excuse of using the dates in the NFL annals was factually correct because that’s what they factually say. You’re more than welcome to go look yourself. I bet you won’t cause it doesn’t fit your narrative. And he absolutely is not a Snyder stooge Dan doesn’t even want him there. But sure whatever toasts your bagel there buddy. 

• Thanks 1

Eh, I don’t know that Jason Wright didn’t know what Taylor meant to the fans….I think that’s b.s.  Jason Wright started playing in the league in 2004. I don’t think any player that was currently playing during that time period failed to recognize what Taylor brought to this team and fans.

Wrigt was covering for Snyder that week. It was a bad Snyder story that came out and a Snyder move would be “let’s use Sean Taylor’s legacy to take the focus off me.” I don’t care what they said about planning it earlier. That was not planned. It was a reaction and ****ty one at that. It was despicable and that is being nice.

but, it worked. Here we are still talking about the screwed up Taylor incident. Man I hope he is gone soon. 

• Like 1