Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Probably, but with Flores accusations, Grudens' trial, NFL could be forced to come out clean and move away from some owners. So some may get outsed with other

This is what I think "could" happen as well, depending on how the Flores stuff shakes out. That seems like the most realistic way Snyder gets forced out: a clean sweep of disreputable owners. But if Flores comes up empty....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, justice98 said:

There really needs to be an team insider who decides to go nuclear with all the receipts and first hand knowledge.  Somebody up the food chain.  Clearly, there are folks who don't wanna get wrapped up in this that could probably blow this wide open.  Too much went on for too long for all those folks to know nuthin'.  Problem is, half of 'em are probably implicated in wrongdoing themselves.

But a side note to all this is, all these alumni that allow themselves to be associated and chummy with this guy.  Even after all the allegations come out. Theismann, Williams, Gibbs, all these guys.  I felt bad seeing all those guys get used as props the other day standing next to Snyder cheesing like nothing's going on.

That still may be coming I don't think this is over yet.

Edited by Redskins 2021

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

There really needs to be an team insider who decides to go nuclear with all the receipts and first hand knowledge.  Somebody up the food chain.  Clearly, there are folks who don't wanna get wrapped up in this that could probably blow this wide open.  Too much went on for too long for all those folks to know nuthin'.  Problem is, half of 'em are probably implicated in wrongdoing themselves.

But a side note to all this is, all these alumni that allow themselves to be associated and chummy with this guy.  Even after all the allegations come out. Theismann, Williams, Gibbs, all these guys.  I felt bad seeing all those guys get used as props the other day standing next to Snyder cheesing like nothing's going on.

Schaffer would be ideal.  

-Beth Wilkinson's relationship to the NFL was in defending them against concussion lawsuits. In other words, defending owners from accountability. 

-She was hired by the man (Snyder, obviously) whom she was supposed to investigate. 

-Only after public outcry did it become nominally an NFL investigation, but without changing any of the particulars of it.

-The NFL allowed Snyder to keep the details of the Vegas flight out of the scope of Wilkinson's investigation, against her wishes.

-In the middle of the supposed serious investigation and potential for punishment, the NFL allowed an exception to their own rules to allow Snyder to purchase full ownership of the WFT.

-The findings of the investigation were not disclosed to the public, and the supposed punishment was explicitly levied against the team, and not Snyder, who received no direct sanction.

If you're just now realizing that the investigation was a farce, you probably weren't ever paying much attention to it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Destino said:

Leaving aside the existence of a written report for a minute, the fact that Goodell made this request is telling.  This isn’t standard “cover your ass” behavior.  This is avoiding a paper trail that can tie him to legal disaster.  No one would do this normally, and the league has not in the past.  

Lawyers do this *all the time.*  It is very much a standard behavior (when you know what is being discussed is going to be bad). 

• Thumb up 1

I suspect if the report comes out he is gone. I think there may be talks of him selling behind the scenes. If he refuses to sell I think more things will leak out.

At some point the NFL will not want to deal with this. He still got to get through the Gruden thing as well. Corporate sponsors pull out he is finshed.

I think by the summer we will know how this plays out. I think Bezos is the one who got congress involved. I think this thing is far from over. I could see a whistle blower coming out in a couple weeks. I think in the next two years now way or another he will be gone.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

So he will try to argue that the entirety of the investigation is considered attorney-client privilege...but members of Congress can have everything else lol.

They already released a statement to this effect.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/washington-commanders-owner-daniel-snyder-findings-nfls-investigation/story?id=82678563

"Regarding today's letter from the Committee to the NFL, neither Mr. Snyder nor the team has ever done anything to block the Committee from receiving any documents it has requested from the NFL that are not expressly protected by attorney-client privilege or attorney work product," Snyder's attorney Jordan Siev said in a statement. "Finally, all remaining non-privileged emails are being provided to the Committee shortly."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

yeah, that's where I got it from lol...but although I was (mostely) just kidding, check this out:

You know how it came out that Dan has to give his permission for the report to be released to anyone? Is that due to...attorney-client privilege?!?!? So maybe I was right!! lol...

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

yeah, that's where I got it from lol...but although I was (mostely) just kidding, check this out:

You know how it came out that Dan has to give his permission for the report to be released to anyone? Is that due to...attorney-client privilege?!?!? So maybe I was right!! lol...

It came out because it is important to establish who holds the privilege so it is clear who has the power to waive the privilege.  The CIA establishes that BOTH the NFL and Snyder have to waive it.  The NFL might, but Danny never will.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes. For all practical purposes, the entire investigation was covered by attorney-clinet privilege, surely at his own insistence, and then he pretends the investigation basically solved the problem, and now when asked for proof of such, his response is:

the-office-shornt.gif

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I suspect if the report comes out he is gone. 

It won’t come out.  The investigation was done by his lawyers, which means the goal was always to protect Snyder.  It was a mistake for anyone to participate.  All they’ve done is tell his lawyers what the damage is so they plan to protect their client.

The media made the mistake of lending this entire process legitimacy by not pointing this out early.  It was a sham from day one.

• Like 3

"Newly-released documents show that the NFL and Washington entered into a “Common Interest Agreement,” after the league took control of the Wilkinson investigation. The league and the team agreed to engage in a “joint legal strategy.” This is a typical arrangement when multiple otherwise distinct entities work together to defend themselves against litigation. The goal is to broaden the attorney-client privilege so that if, for example, Commissioner Roger Goodell and Commanders owner Dan Snyder have a conversation about advice given or information gathered by Wilkinson, neither the attorney-client privilege nor the “work product doctrine” will be waived. "

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/04/nfl-washington-engage-in-alleged-shell-game-to-obstruct-congressional-investigation/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

"Newly-released documents show that the NFL and Washington entered into a “Common Interest Agreement,” after the league took control of the Wilkinson investigation. The league and the team agreed to engage in a “joint legal strategy.” This is a typical arrangement when multiple otherwise distinct entities work together to defend themselves against litigation. The goal is to broaden the attorney-client privilege so that if, for example, Commissioner Roger Goodell and Commanders owner Dan Snyder have a conversation about advice given or information gathered by Wilkinson, neither the attorney-client privilege nor the “work product doctrine” will be waived. "

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/04/nfl-washington-engage-in-alleged-shell-game-to-obstruct-congressional-investigation/

Sounds dirty to me 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

And wow...

The Common Interest Agreement shows that the investigation was not an independent exercise aimed at smoking out and putting a stop to wrongdoing, no matter the consequences. It was purely a legal maneuver, aimed at allowing the team and the league to create the impression that Wilkinson was turning over rocks and chasing leads while at all times securing full control over how she handled what she found, in the name of managing potential liability.

By its own terms, the Common Interest Agreement provides that Wilkinson would “conduct an independent investigation into allegations lodged against [the Commanders] of hostile workplace culture, including but not limited to, allegations of sexual harassment and bullying . . . and to provide legal advice and guidance in connection with the Investigation.” (Emphasis added.) Thus, Wilkinson was never hired to investigate the situation with the goal of creating a report that would be disseminated publicly, like Ted Wells’s Deflategate opus. She was hired to gauge the extent of the mess and to help the league and the team clean it up.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Sounds dirty to me 

Read above lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

So based on the ESPN article I just read, it appears the League and team have completed a brilliant, at least short term stall of the release of any documentation.  Please note, Im not saying I find it acceptable behavior and in long run it could make things worse for the two parties. 

Per the article, the team and League did agree to the mutual protection agreement. The NFL essentially withdrew from the agreement when Congress began snooping, thereby losing legal access to the investigation documents. The League says, we cant release because we no longer have the documents, and Snyder says I cant nor will I release client/ attorney privileged documents because I dont have the league’s approval.  So sort of a legal limbo. 

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Espn article expands stating a league limbo situation has been created. The nfl contends they have legally lost access to investigation documents and snyder can say he cant release because the league cant approve.