Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I don't know what I'm gonna do to be honest, need to put some thought into it.  After they dropped the Redskins, I swore I wouldn't buy any WFT merch.  Before the start of this season, I got on the NFL shop to see if I could customize a jersey with "REDSKINS" as my name, of course it was not allowed.  Messing around with it, it allowed "SNIKSDER", wife and I thought no way that order would process.  Placed it and the order went through, got the jersey :ols:

I might consider doing this with a commanders jersey, kinda my "**** you" to the stupid ass name chosen.  Probably not though, I got so much Redskins gear I can still wear.  One thing is for sure, I will never come around to the new name.  No way I can support a name built on lies and BS from the front office.  

52 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So what? Ron is trusting his coaches and GM? Oh Noes.

Yeah I'd think some might even like it.

Some don't like the fact that he's the GM, saying he has too much control.  I've said a million times, if you listen to Rivera's interviews its clear he's not the defacto GM, he lets his personnel guys make the evaluations.  Rivera sort of does the final look after others tell him this is the guy to get and signs off on it.

Conversely, Shanny by most accounts was the defacto evaluator in charge.  He considered himself a personnel maestro.

My point is for anyone who still thinks Rivera's is the defacto personnel guy, the Senior Bowl is another example of he isn't.  Yeah he has final say.  but in his shoes, I'd insist on it because otherwise it would be Dan with final say.

At the Senior Bowl, they from what I read they have Hurney, Mayhew, Turner and Zampese.

I love Ron but I'll trust Zampese for example to evaluate a QB over him.  Also supposedly its Hurney who fancies himself as the QB guru -- if so I presume he's taking the lead.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Some don't like the fact that he's the GM, saying he has too much control.  I've said a million times, if you listen to Rivera's interviews its clear he's not the defacto GM, he lets his personnel guys make the evaluations.  Rivera sort of does the final look after others tell him this is the guy to get and signs off on it.

Shanny by most accounts was the defacto evaluator in charge.  He considered himself a personnel maestro.

My point is for anyone who still thinks Rivera's is the defacto personnel guy, the Senior Bowl is another example of he isn't.  Yeah he has final say.  but in his shoes, I'd insist on it because otherwise it would be Dan with final say.

At the Senior Bowl, they from what I read have Hurney, Mayhew, Turner and Zampese.

I love Ron but I'll trust Zampese for example to evaluate a QB over him.  Also supposedly its Hurney who fancies himself as the QB guru -- if so I presume he's taking the lead.

Ron is quality control and a figure head. And a very good one. He's very open about trusting his coaches to run their side of the ball and he openly said that he brought the GMs in to be in charge of that stuff. I think it's great, because he's very good at being the face of the team and it's refreshing to see him trust his team.

23 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't know what I'm gonna do to be honest, need to put some thought into it.  After they dropped the Redskins, I swore I wouldn't buy any WFT merch.  Before the start of this season, I got on the NFL shop to see if I could customize a jersey with "REDSKINS" as my name, of course it was not allowed.  Messing around with it, it allowed "SNIKSDER", wife and I thought no way that order would process.  Placed it and the order went through, got the jersey :ols:

I might consider doing this with a commanders jersey, kinda my "**** you" to the stupid ass name chosen.  Probably not though, I got so much Redskins gear I can still wear.  One thing is for sure, I will never come around to the new name.  No way I can support a name built on lies and BS from the front office.  

That's super creative. You should totally give a middle finger to the commanders by buying merch. That'll really show them.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron is quality control and a figure head. And a very good one. He's very open about trusting his coaches to run their side of the ball and he openly said that he brought the GMs in to be in charge of that stuff. I think it's great, because he's very good at being the face of the team and it's refreshing to see him trust his team.

I know Ron and to some others Jason Wright isn't liked.  But I don't get it.  This isn't just a dumpster fire organization but some of the people who have spoken on its behalf were perfect sad reflections of the clown show.  Having professionals who come off competent, ethical and articulate is a refreshing change.  Yeah they aren't perfect.  But if we take that away from this organization and feel confident that Dan would replace them with dudes who are even more competent, ethical and articulate then I don't think they are paying that much attention to the movie over the last 20 plus years or have much more faith in Dan than they let on IMO.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Rivera has been invaluable over the last 2 seasons of carnage. Without doubt he’s a great figure head. He’s clearly been entrusted while a whole load of authority too. 
Now he needs to deliver the goods this offseason to push the on field product over the top. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

What do you mean by shield Dan pretty hard? Like, protect him, or take him down? I read it as "protect him" but not sure what you mean by "if this gets legs"

This has the potential to blow up to the point whee it protects Dan, as all eyes would be on the dolphins owner.

I'm not sure if this story will get the kind of legs it has the potential too, b/c the NFL is going to do everything in this power to not have a real look at this.

But if proof gets out that an NFL owner is both involved in gambling while also trying to pay his head coach to lose games on purpose... That is Pete Rose x1000. It would be gamebreaking and completely bury anything we got going on. I gotta image that is ownership ban for life kind of territory

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

This has the potential to blow up to the point whee it protects Dan, as all eyes would be on the dolphins owner.

I'm not sure if this story will get the kind of legs it has the potential too, b/c the NFL is going to do everything in this power to not have a real look at this.

But if proof gets out that an NFL owner is both involved in gambling while also trying to pay his head coach to lose games on purpose... That is Pete Rose x1000. It would be gamebreaking and completely bury anything we got going on.

Is there a gambling aspect to the Dolphins owner?  I just thought it was throwing games for draft position — which is a really big deal as it is.

EDIT:  went back and read your Reddit link and see where you are coming from.

Edited by Ball Security

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

People wont agree, but honestly, the white should be home, the black should be away and the burgundy should be the alternate......The burgundy jersey is wack. I hate "Commanders" on the front and I hate how the numbers look. Those black jerseys will be the our top selling jersey, bar none. 

Small nitpick...but you don't really control "away" uniforms. You just wear the opposite of what the opponent wears. So, I think what you mean is that you'd use the black as your primary dark uniforms whenever your opponent wears white at home. What that would set up is a season where you likely wear white 12-13 times over the course of the year. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Small nitpick...but you don't really control "away" uniforms. You just wear the opposite of what the opponent wears. So, I think what you mean is that you'd use the black as your primary dark uniforms whenever your opponent wears white at home. 

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

All of these has been done by Jeff Bezos' puppets so that the Team value skyrocket downward so it's less expensive to him to buy the full team as Dan will be pissed off and disgusted. He paid Flores and Brady to sue the NFL, retire and forced Pat Bowlen into selling the team just to misdirect everyone that he wants to buy the team for expired peanuts.

He also adds an addictive chemical in KFC chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly!

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Conversely, Shanny by most accounts was the defacto evaluator in charge.  He considered himself a personnel maestro.

At the Senior Bowl, they from what I read they have Hurney, Mayhew, Turner and Zampese.

Thats fine but in this case its an opportunity to network. Talk to people. Get first hand vibes of players, scouts, and coaches. Anyone you might want to hire, sign, or draft in the future. You can have all the trust you want in the people  you hire but its real dumb to not take every advantage possible. At worst he gains nothing by going. Theres no downside. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like the jerseys except the white and I agree with this

The white jerseys are an abomination. The patch with the wrong championship years on it, too. The Terry mannequin looking down at Tanya was a coincidental “only this team” moment. It’s been a comedy of errors.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Thats fine but in this case its an opportunity to network. Talk to people. Get first hand vibes of players, scouts, and coaches. Anyone you might want to hire, sign, or draft in the future. You can have all the trust you want in the people  you hire but its real dumb to not take every advantage possible. At worst he gains nothing by going. Theres no downside. 

No downside agree.  But it doesn't bother me that he went back home for his Dad's birthday.

Digesting just what's been said about the process, sounds like Rivera doesn't lead scouting that much.  His personnel guys do.   He mostly does the follow up interviews.  Some reporters have said they aren't going to get mega access to these players as for interviews whatever that means and Rivera will have more access at the combine.

Hurney is supposedly the QB guru of this group.  And that's Zampese niche supposedly too.  They showed just a little while ago on screen part of the crew over there, and there were more people to the right that the camera got in a different segment. 

They got quite the contingent over there.  And multiple reporters have said they've doven really deep into this QB class.  I know from other posts you are frustrated with Rivera and want to vent some, I get it, but for me I'll let them play out the dance before jumping down their throat. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.07.46 PM.png

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The white jerseys are an abomination. The patch with the wrong championship years on it, too. The Terry mannequin looking down at Tanya was a coincidental “only this team” moment. It’s been a comedy of errors.

I like the black uniform, the burgundy one too, I like the Metalic helmet.   White uniform is a miss IMO albeit I don't feel that they are an abomination.

But heck with jerseys and that kind of stuff, everyone's boat is floated in different ways. 

• Like 2

Design is one thing, but how can they mess up the colors scheme of the white jerseys? Our colors are not red and black. I actually like the jerseys, but they really need to correct that mistake. I’m sitting at home, watching the game, I can easily tell that the jersey on the left is Washington. The jersey on the right looks like an alternate jersey of the Falcons or Cardinals. C62CCCAE-7728-4DBB-9DB0-DD3EF4AFD0E3.jpeg.c73fda7f74515f6c9c354547a46de2c2.jpeg

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1

Twitter/social media tends to be negative so I take it with some grain of salt.  But judging by twitter-talk radio

Black jerseys -- mostly a big hit.  Not with everyone but with most people

Burgandy jerseys -- mixed but more positive than negative

White jerseys -- mostly negative.

The name -- mixed reaction but more negative

The annoucement -- most didn't like, some didn't care one way or another.

I am listening to Grant and Danny go on and on about how they wanted a splashy name announcement and they blew it as for making it so low key.    To each their own on that, for me I didn't give a rats behind what kid of splash they put behind the name annoucement

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Twitter/social media tends to be negative so I take it with some grain of salt.  But judging by twitter-talk radio

Black jerseys -- mostly a big hit.  Not with everyone but with most people

Burgandy jerseys -- mixed but more positive than negative

White jerseys -- mostly negative.

The name -- mixed reaction but more negative

The annoucement -- most didn't like, some didn't care one way or another.

I am listening to Grant and Danny go on and on about how they wanted a splashy name announcement and they blew it as for making it so low key.    To each their own on that, for me I didn't give a rats behind what kid of splash they put behind the name annoucement

The white jerseys aren’t our damn colors :ols:

the helmets, the black jerseys, the burgundy jerseys are fine…

But I’m enjoying the comments here and all over social media. The sickle and hammer jokes, the Commie flags… I am very thoroughly entertained.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But I’m enjoying the comments here and all over social media. The sickle and hammer jokes, the Commie flags… I am very thoroughly entertained.

That's a point Internet and social stuff will ALWAYS deliver :)

It kept me entertained a good portion of the day :)