Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, how do you reopen schools? (Preschool to High School & even College)

88Comrade2000

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm not sure I understand the school mask mandate stuff.  My understanding is Northam implemented a mask mandate, which said that all schools must require masks.  That is an affirmative requirement.  Youngkin ended the mandate.  That still means that every school (or school district) can still choose to require masks of its own accord.  So all the stories about OMG NOVA SCHOOLS ARE DEFYING TEH GOVERNORS ORDER are not really accurate.  Am I missing something?

I don't think so. With no school aged children, I don't really keep up with this. I do know that Henrico County (RVA suburb) & Richmond City have told Trumpkin to pound sand.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm not sure I understand the school mask mandate stuff.  My understanding is Northam implemented a mask mandate, which said that all schools must require masks.  That is an affirmative requirement.  Youngkin ended the mandate.  That still means that every school (or school district) can still choose to require masks of its own accord.  So all the stories about OMG NOVA SCHOOLS ARE DEFYING TEH GOVERNORS ORDER are not really accurate.  Am I missing something?

His EO says that “a child whose parent has elected that he or she is not subject to a mask mandate should not be required to wear a mask under any policy implemented by a teacher.” 

That reads, to me, that students do not have to abide by a school district’s mask mandate.

However, I believe that there is a VA law that requires all school districts to follow CDC guidelines.

So, to this layman, it doesn’t appear that his EO is legal.

These seven districts that say they aren’t going to follow the EO aren’t disobeying it by having their mandate.  The disobedience will occur when they challenge the student who violates the mandate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

His EO says that “a child whose parent has elected that he or she is not subject to a mask mandate should not be required to wear a mask under any policy implemented by a teacher.” 

Thanks.  

I'll just note that "under any policy implemented by a teacher" wouldn't prevent the football team from beating the **** out of someone who wants to spread their contagious disease around.  

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

However, I believe that there is a VA law that requires all school districts to follow CDC guidelines.

My hope is kids show up without a mask and are sent home. 

it won’t happen. I doubt school administrators are going to want to deal with that. 

Maybe this belongs in other thread(s) but I'm going to put this here....cause...hypocrisy. Are the suburban white mothers still happy cause no CRT? 

Edit: My buddy went to Prep in the 70s. I guarantee you there's no ****ing way a student walks into that school without a mask to 'protest their right to do what they want'. Guaran-****ing-tee you.  The Jesuits don't give a **** what you think. 

Edited by EmirOfShmo

“The statement that was made absolutely caused public alarm, the parent that made the statement realized that, and immediately contacted law enforcement to apologize because the statement was not intended the way it was perceived,” the statement said.

what way was it intended then? Huh?

we let stupid people get away with being stupid way too ****ing often. Throw her ass in jail. Strip her gun and voting rights. She’s a menace to society. 

• Like 2

Is that how it works?

you call the police and say you’re sorry, and then you don’t get arrested?

I still want to know in what way it was intended

i want to know what other intention there is when you say “I will bring all my guns, loaded”

My sons elementary school was shut down for five days to a COVID outbreak. I work from home, and I can't imagine the strain this off and on shutdowns take on families that don't have the regular option of having a parent home. 

Good luck everyone, 2022 is shaping up to be a roller coaster of a school year. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:20 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

If a kid posts on Twitter he’s showing up tomorrow with his guns loaded, what happens to him?

13 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Hmmm....what makes you presume that it is a "him"?

I bolded and underlined the key words that drove me to that assumption.  I know it was a little subtle and all.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Spelling
  • Haha 2

Florida district will no longer allow excused absences for kids staying home due to Covid concerns

A Florida school district, the ninth largest in the nation, will no longer allow excused absences for students who remain at home due to Covid-19 concerns.

Orange County Public Schools, which has over 206,000 students at 202 Orlando-area schools, made the announcement Wednesday, saying parents "keeping students home during the increased Covid-19 cases" will no longer be able to get excused absences for their children starting Jan. 31.

"It is ... an additional strain on our teachers as they continue to manage assignments for large numbers of absent students," the district said in a statement.

Officials also noted the number of Covid cases has declined and face masks are required in the district for adults and strongly encouraged for students. 

Click on the link for the full article

*sigh* teacher sends class picture out today.

one week of no mask mandate and only 2 girls in the class wearing masks. My son is not wearing his. And what am I supposed to do? Punish a six year old for wanting to fit in and not get picked on? We’ve already educated him on it. He doesn’t care about wearing it, we have to tell him to take it off. but none of that matters in those moments. He’s six. He just wants to make friends and feel good about being there. 

adults have decided to use their children as pawns. Under the guise of “parents know best”. But what they’re really saying is let’s take this complex, novel situation is with a ton of moving parts

and let’s let the six year olds to navigate it on their own. 

I know I have a bad rap for being cynical. But Jesus Christ I really didn’t think we were this stupid. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

*sigh* teacher sends class picture out today.

one week of no mask mandate and only 2 girls in the class wearing masks. My son is not wearing his. And what am I supposed to do? Punish a six year old for wanting to fit in and not get picked on? We’ve already educated him on it. He doesn’t care about wearing it, we have to tell him to take it off. but none of that matters in those moments. He’s six. He just wants to make friends and feel good about being there. 

adults have decided to use their children as pawns. Under the guise of “parents know best”. But what they’re really saying is let’s take this complex, novel situation is with a ton of moving parts

and let’s let the six year olds to navigate it on their own. 

I know I have a bad rap for being cynical. But Jesus Christ I really didn’t think we were this stupid. 

I'm too tired to look, but I had a meme from when schools went back to in-person...it said "Adults have failed at masking and social distancing, but they're sure that kindergartners can figure it out. "  🙄

(I'm not trying to be funny, I totally share your frustration.)  

• Sad 1