Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Buying Jerseys Thread

LetThePointsSoar

Mods, feel free to merge, move this or delete, but I couldn't find any conversations in the search. 

But where does everyone buy their Redskins jerseys?  I normally just shop the nfl shop, or fanatics.com because I don't want any overseas knockoffs.  

I ask because I buy at least one jersey every year in the offseason, and this year I'd really like a Chase Young jersey. But the standard white or burgundy options are boring IMO. Would love to find it in the alternate, color rush, or some other option, but not finding any online anywhere. 

Would love to hear where everyone is getting theirs, if anyone has great options. 

I haven’t bought a jersey of an active player since Sean Taylor.  And that was the only active player who’s jersey I ever purchased.  My others are Jacoby, Grimm, and Monk. All purchased after they retired.  

Puy of curiosity, who’s jersey on this team would you purchase?  I’m not sure there are a lot of players I am confident will be around long term. 

EDIT: Young is a good choice if you’re going to get one.  But I like to see the rookies perform a bit. I was on the way to a Griffin jersey.  Then 2013 happened and I’m glad I didn’t. 

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Puy of curiosity, who’s jersey on this team would you purchase?  I’m not sure there are a lot of players I am confident will be around long term. 

Yeah, I've just relegated to the fact now that I may only end up getting to wear it 1-2 seasons.  So while I do have some legacy jerseys like Dexter Manley, ST21 and others, I've got a closet full of Orakpo, RG3, Garcon, Reed, Cousins and others. 

Would love to have a Chase Young or McLaurin jersey though. But just not feeling the only two colors that seem to be available. 

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Yeah, I've just relegated to the fact now that I may only end up getting to wear it 1-2 seasons.  So while I do have some legacy jerseys like Dexter Manley, ST21 and others, I've got a closet full of Orakpo, RG3, Garcon, Reed, Cousins and others. 

Slow learner I see

But hey Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there..me and megan went and visited the folks and got hammered..lol

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I haven’t bought a jersey of an active player since Sean Taylor.  And that was the only active player who’s jersey I ever purchased.  My others are Jacoby, Grimm, and Monk. All purchased after they retired.  

EDIT: Young is a good choice if you’re going to get one.  But I like to see the rookies perform a bit. I was on the way to a Griffin jersey.  Then 2013 happened and I’m glad I didn’t. 

I have a knock off Mclaurin jersey I'm glad I got..I've got a scherff jersey..praying to god he gets extended!

I might have to break my longtime ban on buying jerseys. My last couple have been Cooley, Orakpo, and Griffin.  Thinking Young (dicey buying rookie jerseys), Jon Allen, or D-Payne. I really like Payne and think he might be a monster this year

9 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I think at one time PCS had a long running thread on jerseys. Knock-offs vs authentic, etc. Perhaps that thread is worthy of re-birth

I think it was a MTH thread if I recall.  It was scary how much he knew about jerseys, the font sizes, spacing, etc. 

I was a sucker once and bought a new one every year or two.  The last straw was Fat Albert.  Bought that one from Dick's early on and thank goodness they let me return it after he turned out to be a turd.

Now I mostly wear my 44 and ST.  Not sure what to do with all the others.

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I might have to break my longtime ban on buying jerseys. My last couple have been Cooley, Orakpo, and Griffin.  Thinking Young (dicey buying rookie jerseys), Jon Allen, or D-Payne. I really like Payne and think he might be a monster this year

He definitely underperformed vs expectations last year.. but then again the whole defense did.

I think Payne is way more talented than Allen, and I love Allen. Payne has the tools to really be a gamewrecker once he grows up a little bit. He's still only 21. Not a knucklehead by any stretch, but I don't think he's matured enough to realize what he could be if he goes 110% all the time. Put Jared Allen's motor in D Payne and you'd have a Warren Sapp on your hands.

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I wouldn't buy the jersey of even a good player nearing the middle or end of their rookie contract until they re-sign here on their second deal. 

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Besides I don’t wear jerseys out or to games anyway so it’s not a bit deal 

So the one thing I'm really pissed off about, and i really should have freaking known better, is I actually had a ST36.  And when he switched numbers, I gifted it to a relative and exchanged it for a ST21.  I really wish I had the 36 back.  Oh, well.

I used to wear my old jerseys, Grimm, Jacoby and Monk while watching games at home or when I went to games, and the really important games I broke out the ST21 jersey.  But the product on the field was so horrid most of the time, it almost seemed insulting to the greats to wear their jersey's watching this dumpster fire of an organization.  So they have all hung on hangers since midway through 2013.  .  I don't think I wore one during any part of the Gruden era.  Maybe I broke one out for the Packer's playoff game.  I don't honestly remember. I didn't actually think they were going to win, so I don't know if I did or not.  

7 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I was a sucker once and bought a new one every year or two.  The last straw was Fat Albert.  Bought that one from Dick's early on and thank goodness they let me return it after he turned out to be a turd.

Now I mostly wear my 44 and ST.  Not sure what to do with all the others.

793 j st #...ah **** it, ya should know my address by now..

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Voice_of_Reason we had lots of important games though in the gruden era, you never wore your jersey for those? 2015 and 2016 had games we absolutely NEEDED to win which we won most of them (week 17 in 2016 not included😭). 

So I always had a feeling Gruden's teams under-performed, and there weren't a lot of instances where the team actually met the expectation which was set for it.  I was in wait and see mode, and most of the time, the waiting and seeing never was replaced with any confidence. 

2014 was an abject disaster. From the get-go to the end, there was nothing to get excited about there.  

2015 was good at the end.  I still point to 1 game in 2015 which really told me everything I needed to know about that regime: The Dallas MNF game at home.  The 'Skins came into that game against a putrid 3-8 Dallas team at home with a chance to get to 6-6.  That was the game I pointed to, because up to that point, it was "win one, lose one, win one, lose 2, win 1, lose 1..."  That was the first opportunity for an actual winning streak.  And they completely laid an egg.  They were conservative, and allowed a division rival to basically push them around like a little brother on national TV.  They WERE the better team.  And they didn't play like it at all. 

The arrow was pointed up after that for 4 games, and as I said, I MIGHT have worn a jersey for the playoff game, but I actually thought they were going to lose because I had a heck of a lot more faith in Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs than I did Jay and Kirk and Joe freaking Barry.  

2016, they started by losing their first 2, then rebounded somewhat.  Then they had the chance to really excel, and they lost to an average Detroit team by blowing a 4th quarter lead, and then they tied in London against the Bengals.  They had a 4 game stretch where they needed to win a game against a bad team, and they couldn't.  And they failed misserably in week 17 against the Giants.  

Every time they seemed like they were headed in the right direction, those teams let you down and under-performed.  I was never confident about their ability to "get over the hump."

2017 they were again bad defensively, were trying to catch up when they blew a lead against the Saints.  That was that.

2018, maybe it was just the injuries, but they played ok against some teams early, but any team with an offense, including a bad Falcons team, lit them up like a Christmas tree. Then Alex broke his leg, and the rest is history.  

And there was nothing in 2019 that was worth even mentioning.

So, with the possile exception of the GB playoff game which was coming off of a 4 game winning streak, I never had confidence in those teams.

This isn't a Jay Gruden commentary more than a "this is what happened, and every time I thought they were getting there, they clearly weren't."  Every single time they had a chance to get over the hump, they failed.  

Hell, after going to the playoffs at 9-7 in 2015, they opened 2016 by going 0-2 and looking unprepared and out-matched, and HORRIBLY coached defensively.  Those teams were always 1 step backwards (they almost always went backwards first), then 1 step forward.  

When I lived in California I could go into Goodwill Stores to buy pro football and basketball jerseys under $20.   I got a signed Sonny Jurgensen miniature helmet for $5.

Got a LeBron Cleveland jersey for $10.  Have bought too many Reskin jerseys new and they sit in the closet.   Have Sonny's jersey, Cooley jersey, Riggins jersey,

and some real stinkers like Gus Ferrotte.

I dont buy my own jerseys (yet at least), my family has bought jerseys for me from the redskins store at Tyson’s in the past, or NFLshop.com. 

Lets see...got a Jason Campbell jersey a longgggg time ago. And a Chris Cooley Jersey i think. 

-Sister got me a DeSean Jackson jersey for my 21st birthday, he’s gone😑

-dad got me a josh Norman jersey for one Christmas, he’s gone 😑

-dad got me a Jordan Reed jersey for one Christmas, he’s also gone 😑

oh, and i attended some private lunch at FedEx Field with my parents the day after the redskins 2012 draft day party, and got a griffin jersey right after the private lunch (griffin is gone as well😑)

thats FOUR jerseys of players from 2012-2018 that i had jerseys of who are no longer here. Yeah, I’m holding off on asking for a jersey until I’m 100% sure they’ll be here LONGGGGGGterm. Good thing i didnt decide to buy an Alex Smith jersey when i wanted it 😂

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont buy my own jerseys (yet at least), my family has bought jerseys for me from the redskins store at Tyson’s in the past, or NFLshop.com. 

Lets see...got a Jason Campbell jersey a longgggg time ago. And a Chris Cooley Jersey i think. 

-Sister got me a DeSean Jackson jersey for my 21st birthday, he’s gone😑

-dad got me a josh Norman jersey for one Christmas, he’s gone 😑

-dad got me a Jordan Reed jersey for one Christmas, he’s also gone 😑

oh, and i attended some private lunch at FedEx Field with my parents the day after the redskins 2012 draft day party, and got a griffin jersey right after the private lunch (griffin is gone as well😑)

thats FOUR jerseys of players from 2012-2018 that i had jerseys of who are no longer here. Yeah, I’m holding off on asking for a jersey until I’m 100% sure they’ll be here LONGGGGGGterm. Good thing i didnt decide to buy an Alex Smith jersey when i wanted it 😂

Might as well never buy a Jersey than...I got my alex Smith jersey in the mail like 2 weeks after the incident..****ing sucks..because I really like alex smith. I way liked him before he became a skin. I have a Brandon Scherff jersey..please dear lord I hope he gets extended..and not just because I have his jersey...I got a off market Mclaurin jersey...and a kerrigan jersey..so that's 3 players that are still with the team.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Might as well never buy a Jersey than...I got my alex Smith jersey in the mail like 2 weeks after the incident..****ing sucks..because I really like alex smith. I way liked him before he became a skin. I have a Brandon Scherff jersey..please dear lord I hope he gets extended..and not just because I have his jersey...I got a off market Mclaurin jersey...and a kerrigan jersey..so that's 3 players that are still with the team.

Sounds like you have better luck than me, other than the Alex Smith jersey. 

Mclaurin might be a good idea for my next jersey actually. Maybe guice, if he has a strong season like I’m hoping he does. AP once he retires would be a good option as well, to celebrate how well he’s done in his short time here. Kerrigan once he retires as well, and chase young. 

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sounds like you have better luck than me, other than the Alex Smith jersey. 

Mclaurin might be a good idea for my next jersey actually. Maybe guice, if he has a strong season like I’m hoping he does. AP once he retires would be a good option as well, to celebrate how well he’s done in his short time here. Kerrigan once he retires as well, and chase young. 

I would have already ordered a chase jersey but all I could find was his draft jersey.. I want his jersey with his actual number on it.

Archived