Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

41 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

no, AOC was the first to complain....

I typed...”the bulk” not the first.

She’s looking for a promotion, novices always look to contend for spots. She will be a lively one, but her lack of depth on constitutional politics will catch up with her. Her strength is in the media limelight she has, but that is her greatest risk when dealing with someone who knows what they are talking about.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1

Huh.......

People still seem to really underestimate Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and completely overlook the fact that she is smart, very smart.

The same way people always underestimate smart to their detriment

She IS young and new and in many ways still cutting teeth, but she is learning at a ferocious pace and will be using those teeth in the future

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My take on the $2,000 Stimulus payment:

The Dems pushed for $2k from the start of the discussion. In the end, a $600 payment was agreed upon & the bill signed on Sunday, January 3, 2021. Anything prior to that, including the GA Senate runoff where both Dem candidates pushed for & promoted a $2k payment, was about a $2k payment.

The GA election was on January 5, 2021. I didn't expect the candidates to say "Oh, you got $600 so we'll add $1,400 to fulfill our pledge." during the last 1.5 days of their election. I expected a total of $2k. 

To me, it's always been a total of $2k. I would need to see some public quotes from Dem leadership that refutes that to change my mind. 

This from January 12 (my highlight):

As House Democrats prepare for a Wednesday vote to impeach President Trump after the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol last week, incoming Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) doubled down on his commitment to passing legislation that will increase the direct payments in the last stimulus bill to $2,000 along with additional Covid-19 relief measures including state and local aid and more money for vaccine distribution. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/01/12/schumer-on-2000-stimulus-checks-amid-trump-impeachment-push-we-will-get-that-done/?sh=54e1132c16ad

This from January 14 (my highlight):

President-elect Joe Biden is calling for additional payments of $1,400 to bring the recent stimulus checks to $2,000 per person.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/biden-wants-to-raise-stimulus-checks-to-2000-how-payments-will-work.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Huh.......

People still seem to really underestimate Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and completely overlook the fact that she is smart, very smart.

She IS young and new and in many ways still cutting teeth, but she is learning at a ferocious pace and will be using those teeth in the future

I like AOC, I was just sayin... it ain’t Antifa storming the White House and it ain’t the republicans saying Biden is lying.... well, mainly in the since that @ClaytoAli means it. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I like AOC, I was just sayin... it ain’t Antifa storming the White House and it ain’t the republicans saying Biden is lying.... well, mainly in the since that @ClaytoAli means it. 

What does that mean?

image.gif.b0fcc4d7d886e5732fdb89b95022a077.gif

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Huh.......

Come on man. 

A lot of emotion and mouth will get you attention. It will also draw people you that know how to use that to push an agenda through you to the people that listen to you......an agenda is being pushed through her.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The people of Georgia feel that they were lied to so they would vote Democrat. The Democrats will never be able to keep Georgia or the rest of the South blue after this lie, I'll bet $2,000 on it.

The state is pretty damn dumb, but we got this far and we know our two Senators are gonna do their part.  They won't get the blame, I promise you. 

Leadership will.  We know our boys are in it to help us out...if it doesn't happen, it isn't their fault.  More pressure is warranted.

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The state is pretty damn dumb, but we got this far and we know our two Senators are gonna do their part.  They won't get the blame, I promise you. 

Leadership will.  We know our boys are in it to help us out...if it doesn't happen, it isn't their fault.  More pressure is warranted.

I don't blame the Senators, they were lied to and mislead like the rest of us. However, whatever Dem runs in Georgia in the near future will have to carry the weight of this lie.

They should just get the frickin' $2000 checks passed and be done with it.  They can try to justify the $600 + $1400 math all they want but I would argue that:

A) That $600 payment from just before the election was so overdue and inadequate to begin with that it should not count towards this new round of checks.  It's not like our government had already been sending out monthly relief checks the way every other westernized country has.

B ) you would be asking for a very easy campaign ad against you in 2022 and beyond "Promised this, didn't deliver"  Cut and dry and not a lie.

We already know the GOP has no interest in the $2000 checks let alone covid relief at all probably....so use that against them. Get out on the airwaves daily and tell the American people that the $2000 checks will be in the legislation regardless of "those who refuse to agree to it" and if it comes down to budget reconciliation, then it will also go on public record that the Dems had to deliver this relief by themselves and I guarantee at least some GOP will cave because they will want their names attached to those checks too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Now biden is saying not everyone is gonna get the 1400.... he’s reneging on a deal already. Senate for cold hard cash, that was the deal right??? Well...  

Is this a new development or are you referring to the discussions to possibly lower the income threshold for who qualifies (and/or before the amount you get reduces?) 

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I wasn't necessarily arguing that point, I was just trying to figure out if that is what CousinsCowboy was referring to. 

Don’t u mean cousinscowgirl.

It was said the higher income people really didn’t spend the stimulus.  Lower the income threshold to those who really need it and raise the amount of the stimulus to $2400; double the initial amount.

• Like 2

It absolutly sucks to live in CA and have to deal with EDD and benefits.  We have family that doesn't speak English (American citizens) that had benefits suspended when CA implemented id verification at the end of the year. 

It took 3 weeks to get thru to unemployment office to unlock the account.  They now have to verify with id.me and since they never had a credit card, they need to manually meet with someone over a Zoom call.  It took 1 plus hour to get all their docs into the website and now 4 hour wait to get into video call. 

About 30 min ago, they got into the video call, but guess what?  The host hasn't joined.  There is no timeline for when this call could initiate.  We planned our whole day to help them and 5 hours later nothing.  

This is a scandal, but no one seems to care.  Because only poor people are hurt.  Poor people don't have a voice. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Don’t u mean cousinscowgirl.

It was said the higher income people really didn’t spend the stimulus.  Lower the income threshold to those who really need it and raise the amount of the stimulus to $2400; double the initial amount.

This will not be popular but they should really only give the stimulus to those who were actually impacted by Covid and lost their job or significant hours. I would use the same amount of money overall and give those people $1500 to $2000 a month until for the next 6 to 12 months, or until the pandemic is conspired over and the job market has returned to whatever normal is going to be. And I would either remove or significantly raise the earnings before Covid threshold. If you were making over $75k before Covid nd lost your job, you need help too. 

So many Americans are whiny as ****. Many who didn't lose their jobs or benefits or anything are some of the loudest complaining because of semantics over $2000 total or $600 plus $2000. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This will not be popular but they should really only give the stimulus to those who were actually impacted by Covid and lost their job or significant hours. I would use the same amount of money overall and give those people $1500 to $2000 a month until for the next 6 to 12 months, or until the pandemic is conspired over and the job market has returned to whatever normal is going to be. And I would either remove or significantly raise the earnings before Covid threshold. If you were making over $75k before Covid nd lost your job, you need help too. 

So many Americans are whiny as ****. Many who didn't lose their jobs or benefits or anything are some of the loudest complaining because of semantics over $2000 total or $600 plus $2000. 

On top of having a job i started in in September, covid has really effected my industry. People don't have the money to do things to fix their homes, they don't want me in my homes and getting material delivered can take several months. I'm an independent contractor who lives off of commission, times are hard. Our company pays us every two weeks, I just got my deposit in this morning...$60. I am supposed to live off of $60 for the next two weeks?

To add insult to injury, I can't even collect my w-2 from my last job because the IRS "isn't ready" (you would think they would be on time...seeing as how people need money). Then you have the democrats who are somehow negotiating down, with republicans, who have no power to stop them. If the democrats wanted to give us $2k, they would and it would be on the way already. They lied to get into office and twiddle their thumbs, I knew they would be the same weak ass, old guard even if they took the Senate. I was hoping to be wrong, but I guess somethings never change?

40 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

On top of having a job i started in in September, covid has really effected my industry. People don't have the money to do things to fix their homes, they don't want me in my homes and getting material delivered can take several months. I'm an independent contractor who lives off of commission, times are hard. Our company pays us every two weeks, I just got my deposit in this morning...$60. I am supposed to live off of $60 for the next two weeks?

Totally get the frustration and you are in the group that I believe should be getting assistance - and more than the once in awhile because they have to checks they have been giving. Let me be clear, it's not that I don't think people need help. There are many like yourself that need help through this pandemic due to in no small part how it has been handled. I do believe though that not everyone needs assistance. I did not receive a stimulus check these last two times and I will not get one this time. And sure like anyone I can always use the extra cash but if I am being honest I do not need the money, not nearly as much as others. Give it to someone else who really needs it to survive. So my thoughts are narrow the number of people down to who really needs it but give them vastly more money. 

40 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

To add insult to injury, I can't even collect my w-2 from my last job because the IRS "isn't ready" (you would think they would be on time...seeing as how people need money). Then you have the democrats who are somehow negotiating down, with republicans, who have no power to stop them. If the democrats wanted to give us $2k, they would and it would be on the way already. They lied to get into office and twiddle their thumbs, I knew they would be the same weak ass, old guard even if they took the Senate. I was hoping to be wrong, but I guess somethings never change?

This however, with all due respect is expecting way too much to the point of being unreasonable. 8 days in and you are supposed to have a check? With virtually no republican backing and one Dem who is a split hair from being a republican to block even a nuclear vote? The dems are trying to govern the way the constitution meant - through negotiation and getting bipartisan support. It's been 8 days. And they did not lie and people need to stop with that. Everyone knew they were saying $2000 total not another $2000 but people heard what they wanted to and now they are liars? Sorry that's jsut not accurate. 

People are angry and frustrated. I get it. This has been an awful pandemic that has cost way too many lives and are having a severely negative impact on regular citizens. And sure the dems could probably do a little more, but let's not forget how we got here. The Dems were ready to give the entire $2000 when you got that last measaily $600. The votes were there but the Rep blocked it - just like they block everything. 

People need to have a little patience to let actual governing to happen. It's not as fast as we want it but done right it is more lasting and the way our country was founded. If in another month they have not figured out a way to get people some money,. at least the $1400 they ran on (and yes, that's what they ran on), then I will be right with you on the twiddling thumbs. Until then we need to give them some time to at least find their offices. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Totally get the frustration and you are in the group that I believe should be getting assistance - and more than the once in awhile because they have to checks they have been giving. Let me be clear, it's not that I don't think people need help. There are many like yourself that need help through this pandemic due to in no small part how it has been handled. I do believe though that not everyone needs assistance. I did not receive a stimulus check these last two times and I will not get one this time. And sure like anyone I can always use the extra cash but if I am being honest I do not need the money, not nearly as much as others. Give it to someone else who really needs it to survive. So my thoughts are narrow the number of people down to who really needs it but give them vastly more money. 

This however, with all due respect is expecting way too much to the point of being unreasonable. 8 days in and you are supposed to have a check? With virtually no republican backing and one Dem who is a split hair from being a republican to block even a nuclear vote? The dems are trying to govern the way the constitution meant - through negotiation and getting bipartisan support. It's been 8 days. And they did not lie and people need to stop with that. Everyone knew they were saying $2000 total not another $2000 but people heard what they wanted to and now they are liars? Sorry that's jsut not accurate. 

People are angry and frustrated. I get it. This has been an awful pandemic that has cost way too many lives and are having a severely negative impact on regular citizens. And sure the dems could probably do a little more, but let's not forget how we got here. The Dems were ready to give the entire $2000 when you got that last measaily $600. The votes were there but the Rep blocked it - just like they block everything. 

People need to have a little patience to let actual governing to happen. It's not as fast as we want it but done right it is more lasting and the way our country was founded. If in another month they have not figured out a way to get people some money,. at least the $1400 they ran on (and yes, that's what they ran on), then I will be right with you on the twiddling thumbs. Until then we need to give them some time to at least find their offices. 

I get that everyone doesn't need it, but trying to filter out the haves and have nots will just muddy up the process. Give it to everyone, problem solved.

I disagree about the $2k, they campaigned on it before, during and after the election. They only dropped this $1400 bomb after it was over. Now, I saw some pundits saying $1400 on tv, but no one on the Dems or in Biden's campaign came out and said $1400 until after the election. I don't expect to have a deposit in my account right now, but they keep pushing back the timeline. I've heard as early as now, later in Feb or even sometime in March or April. People can't wait this long while the Dems play political football with the GOP who have ZERO willingness to help. We all voted blue to avoid an obstructionist GOP and steamroll them when they would (knowingly) put up a roadblock. Looks like the Dems are playing right into the hands of the GOP...once again.

Whenever someone say the Republican party is dying, I want to believe it, but it will never happen. Democrats missing easy points on the board always allows the GOP to get right back into the game. I'm just now at my financial limit, I can't imagine how others feel that have had to worry about this for weeks or even months. I planned on being more detailed with this, but I have to waste my time going into another ****ing meeting.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I get that everyone doesn't need it, but trying to filter out the haves and have nots will just muddy up the process. Give it to everyone, problem solved.

I disagree about the $2k, they campaigned on it before, during and after the election. They only dropped this $1400 bomb after it was over. Now, I saw some pundits saying $1400 on tv, but no one on the Dems or in Biden's campaign came out and said $1400 until after the election. I don't expect to have a deposit in my account right now, but they keep pushing back the timeline. I've heard as early as now, later in Feb or even sometime in March or April. People can't wait this long while the Dems play political football with the GOP who have ZERO willingness to help. We all voted blue to avoid an obstructionist GOP and steamroll them when they would (knowingly) put up a roadblock. Looks like the Dems are playing right into the hands of the GOP...once again.

Whenever someone say the Republican party is dying, I want to believe it, but it will never happen. Democrats missing easy points on the board always allows the GOP to get right back into the game. I'm just now at my financial limit, I can't imagine how others feel that have had to worry about this for weeks or even months. I planned on being more detailed with this, but I have to waste my time going into another ****ing meeting.

This is the last I will say about the $1400 vs $2000 - I saw and heard everything you did. They were always talking a total of $2000. It was not AFTER the election they changed. I am no Dem uber fan. But we have to be reasonable in our expectations. I get the urgency for funds. So I hope they can get something done soon. But they have to at least try to do things right. Not to mention there will be a question of how much can they actually do. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I respect your opinion and I do hope you get the assistance you need sooner rather than later. I spent much more of my life worrying about where I was going to eat than not (I lived in the back of an abandoned car for almost a year. Then was bouncing from home to home of friends and being on the streets at times.) Not saying that's where you are but I am saying I do know what it's like to struggle financially. It's one of the worst feelings, especially in this society. I am rooting for you to get what you need as soon as possible and for this stupid pandemic to be in our rear view. I am sure you would much prefer working enough to get paid than relying on our very dysfunctional government. 

• Like 1