Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Anyways, I guess the moral of the story is to be nice and help your family and neighbors when they need it. I went there to help and I was not expecting anything. I did not ask for anything except for some water and sandwiches while I helped. My helping paid off for me big time and it does more often than not even if it is some nice intrinsic feeling I receive.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

On 10/11/2023 at 4:31 PM, dfitzo53 said:

Congrats!

I'm going to MGM National Harbor Sunday so I might try again. the problem is with slots you need to be a high roller. the higher the denomination the more chance you have of hitting a major 

been watching a lot of slot videos lately on YouTube. it's like 25 dollars a spin 😳

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

$25 slots?  I’d rather have a crack addiction.

and they go higher too. madness 

the theory is if you put down money and have a higher denomination you can hit the major 

But you're just burning money at that point 

21 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Slot jockeys. 🙄

Play table games like blackjack and roulette. Preferably a European roulette table if yinz can find em.

Craps is also good fun although it requires a group of people that aren’t lame

roulette and craps are where I hang out 

On that note blackjack in the morning at hooters is great. You can play 25 cent bets while you wait for the rest of the crew to recover and head out late afternoon. 

unfortunately the dealers don’t dress like the waitresses. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Just outside the main path for the eclipse but it's gotten dark as hell.  

It's tripping me out LOL.  We're at about 85% of the path here south of Denver and it feels late in the day.  It looks like dusk but the shadows in the house are all "morning" shadows. 

Someone in our neighborhood FB group posted this:

FB_IMG_1697301915459.jpg.274103ffc6af1540f12baedbe4143fbd.jpg

• Thumb up 3

2023 Washington Nationals Law Firm Softball Tournament is in the books. My firm won our first 3 games with a combined run margin of 37-3 and were the third seed in the playoffs out of 24 teams. Unfortunately, 3 people had to leave (I guess it’s homecoming for a bunch of high schools) so we played out first playoff game with 8 fielders rather than 10, and you just can’t win that way. So we retired to the beer garden and closed it out. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

37-3.... Were y'all playing a five game series versus the Bad News Bears? 

image.png.bba5b72ba4ca3ca72d758d6e8ff42671.png

The first game was literally against the Nationals staff. They were pretty good but only had warning track power.  My squad can mash. 

The second game was against a firm there “just for funsies” so they rotated like 40 people through the lineup, of varying skill levels.  The had like 6 good players watered down by 2 dozen people who had clearly never played softball before. 

The third game was at 3:30 and they were drunker than we were. And had warning track power. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The third game was at 3:30 and they were drunker than we were. And had warning track power. 

Ah, reminds me of the hockey tournament I played in Atlantic City.  Other team shows up to the rink plastered after spending all day in a strip club.  One of their guys jumped onto our bench from the ice.  He knew it was our bench, but he wanted to hang out with us.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Haha 2