Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

41 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Ix posts K-pop in the Music thread, so those are prolly Lychee-Mango Bubblegum flavored Shrimp chips.

#slightlyracist

I didn't know about the K-pop.  Do they make hipster k-pop cassettes for his boom box?  That first picture leaves so many questions to be asked.

I particularly like the Lego space ship box.  A symbol of unfulfilled promise.

• Haha 3

I turn 42 on Sunday.  I have never once, not ever, in my entire life, have ever thought of or seen anyone put potato chips in a cereal bowl and use a spoon to eat them.  I'm confident that I could live another 42 years and never have thought of that, either.  

Two hours later, I'm still ****ing blown away.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I turn 42 on Sunday.  I have never once, not ever, in my entire life, have ever thought of or seen anyone put potato chips in a cereal bowl and use a spoon to eat them.  I'm confident that I could live another 42 years and never have thought of that, either.  

Two hours later, I'm still ****ing blown away.

Fwiw, I do that with the last of the tortilla chips (the ones left over at the bottom of the bag that broke into smaller pieces) and then put salsa over them (and eat them with a spoon). Probably goes back to my cheap college days😆

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw, I do that with the last of the tortilla chips (the ones left over at the bottom of the bag that broke into smaller pieces) and then put salsa over them (and eat them with a spoon). Probably goes back to my cheap college days😆

Dump 'em onto a plate, sprinkle some cheddar cheese (or whatever your preference is) over them, drizzle on some hot-sauce, and then microwave for a bit.  Cheese will melt and stick to the chip-bits before entering a semi-solid state where you can pick up gobs of spicy cheese-and-chip-bits.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Currently engaged in now a 24 hour long argument with one of my law firms partners. Im right on the law, but he is a legendary figure, so his opinion matters a lot.  My main option here is to take him out for drinks and explain that its not not 1990.  

Can't you just challenge him do a duel?  That's still a thing Lawyers can do, right?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Currently engaged in now a 24 hour long argument with one of my law firms partners. Im right on the law, but he is a legendary figure, so his opinion matters a lot.  My main option here is to take him out for drinks and explain that its not not 1990.  

This solution is high on my advice list in the IT world as well...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm afraid hip-hop and rap aren't my scene.  If I'm gonna see an unconventional musical, it'll be a Metal Opera; I just need to plan my trip to Europe.

Highly recommend you make an exception this one time, Hamilton is truly in a league of its own.  Disney+ has as close to original cast as can be legally found.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Highly recommend you make an exception this one time, Hamilton is truly in a league of its own.  Disney+ has as close to original cast as can be legally found.

If I get the opportunity, I'll give it a try.

I'm still salty about missing out on getting to see Book Of Mormon.  My family picked up tickets to go see it... on the day I had a final exam. :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Alright smart people, if I sell about $40k in stock, what are the drawbacks?  Does it just add to taxable income for the year?

DON'T MAKE A MOVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A STABLE ACCOUNTANT/ADVISOR. 

You're going to get killed in the taxes unless you have it planned out, trust me.  I lost about $50,000.  No ****.  He had nothing planned, and I didn't know what the **** I was dealing with. 

Get a financial person you trust. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That sucks.  I was going to use it to pay off some debts (**** geico).

Your situation may be totally different.  I was left with absolutely nothing, he hadn't paid the previous mortgage, I was in a real bind.  Had to pay a lot of bills and had to have money on the fly.  (He paid everything, my money was the "working cash"...groceries, gas, weed.)  I had to leave a lot of money on the table just for the time issue. 

• Sad 2