Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

You know you’re getting old when you start comparing body issues with other people. I can’t wait for the day that y’all will share bowel movements. Actually, I’ll  start. They’re good. They’re healthy and because of that, I don’t wipe much. When I was unhealthy, I needed a whole toilet roll. 

im glad I got that off my chest….it was a steamer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I was today years old when I found out clicking on the icon next to each forum title marks the whole forum as read. 

I would post an "and knowing is half the battle" meme, but considering your screen name and profile pic, I've decided to choose life.  

• Haha 7

All, I'm having a very large lipoma on my left shoulder removed tomorrow in the early afternoon. No, I'm not seeing Dr. Pimple Popper, it's here in Austin. I'm have general anesthesia, I like my surgeon. He's an oncology surgeon who is experienced in removing large masses, although mine isn't malignant. I've had this thing for years, in the past few years it's grown to the point where I want it gone. If you wish to spare a few thoughts, my surgery is from 1:45-2:45 CT. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Mine doesn't affect my range of motion in my shoulder, it sits on top. It's big though and got bigger since I moved to Texas. I'm very healthy right now, my bloodwork's been stable for over a year so it's time. One thing about here, I have very good medical care and great supplemental insurance on top of Medicare. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Good luck LSF.

Random question relating to while we were in Arkansas, my family found an iphone 11, and I want to know if there is a way to identify to whom the phone belongs. I would be pretty upset if we lost an iphone 11. Unfortunately, it is locked, and all attempts to unlock it have been used.  The resort we were staying at said nobody had reported a missing phone.  We tried the emergency unlock, but they didn't have any emergency numbers or contacts in it.  We took out the sim card, and found out it is a Verizon phone.  So I called Verizon and asked if they could ID the owner of the sim card or pass along my contact number to the owner of the sim card for them to call.  They said for privacy reasons they can't do either of those.  They said try our local police.  I did, and they said there was nothing they can do to identify the owner.  However, they will take the phone from us if we want them to do so.

If we put the sim car in one of our phones, will we be able to see the contacts on it after logging in on our phone or will we lose the ability to just put our sim card back in after we get the contact info?  I have to admit I don't understand why they haven't tried to call it or use the "lost my phone" that comes with iphones.  The phone is in good shape and charges up normally, but was dead when we found it in the woods.  I figure they must have given up on it.

Finally, if there is no way to find owner of the phone, can we use one of the unlock aps to reset it and use it?  I don't want to do that until we make a good faith effort to find its owner.  That would seem too close to theft which is the last thing we want to teach our kids.  Morals are worth more than an iphone 11.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbear said:

Good luck LSF.

Random question relating to while we were in Arkansas, my family found an iphone 11, and I want to know if there is a way to identify to whom the phone belongs. I would be pretty upset if we lost an iphone 11. Unfortunately, it is locked, and all attempts to unlock it have been used.  The resort we were staying at said nobody had reported a missing phone.  We tried the emergency unlock, but they didn't have any emergency numbers or contacts in it.  We took out the sim card, and found out it is a Verizon phone.  So I called Verizon and asked if they could ID the owner of the sim card or pass along my contact number to the owner of the sim card for them to call.  They said for privacy reasons they can't do either of those.  They said try our local police.  I did, and they said there was nothing they can do to identify the owner.  However, they will take the phone from us if we want them to do so.

If we put the sim car in one of our phones, will we be able to see the contacts on it after logging in on our phone or will we lose the ability to just put our sim card back in after we get the contact info?  I have to admit I don't understand why they haven't tried to call it or use the "lost my phone" that comes with iphones.  The phone is in good shape and charges up normally, but was dead when we found it in the woods.  I figure they must have given up on it.

Finally, if there is no way to find owner of the phone, can we use one of the unlock aps to reset it and use it?  I don't want to do that until we make a good faith effort to find its owner.  That would seem too close to theft which is the last thing we want to teach our kids.  Morals are worth more than an iphone 11.

I'd suggest taking it to an apple store if there is one nearby. I think they can unlock it and find the registered user.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, gbear said:

Good luck LSF.

I feel like if you took it to an apple store they might be able to figure out the owner….