Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

38 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Not exactly sure I get what your issue with my post is except that I blame every leader and not just one of them...

And of course calling out the World Health Organization..

Because this would be a different situation if some of these leaders, like ours, actually listened to the WHO. Plenty of blame to go around. But not equal blame, are you jus airing frustration here? That's completely understandable, jus not sure where to start on what should be done differently and by who if I rage at everyone equally.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

As unpleasant as it is, defending this administration (I'll wash my hands after typing this), it looks like that order had a lifespan measured in hours.  

Because the Miami Herald called them within hours of the email going out. It never shouldve gone out in the first place, it's indefensible.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

im not freaking out

im not freaking out 

im not freaking out 

im not freaking out 

im not freaking out 

I’m over here trying to move from alarm to grim acceptance.  Hasn’t worked yet, but it will come.

I cant think of many things worse then the under-reaction swinging to a potential overreaction by the executive branch.  They obviously dont know what they are doing and arent listening to the folks that do.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Not exactly sure I get what your issue with my post is except that I blame every leader and not just one of them...

And of course calling out the World Health Organization..

Italy is going the worst job, Japan is probably doing the best.  The US is somewhere in the middle. Maybe too early to say how the US is doing. 

Trump says crazy things, and people mistake what he says for US policy. So it makes it seem like we are doing a terrible job. 

Trump (and his administration) are doing an objectively terrible, ineffective, self-serving, short-sighted, and dishonest job of addressing this.

In spite of his idiocy, Americans as a whole appear to be mostly taking this seriously and altering behavior.  This gives me some hope.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Trump says crazy things, and people mistake what he says for US policy. So it makes it seem like we are doing a terrible job. 

This is ****ing ridiculous.  When the president speaks, people listen and do as he says.  Trump is the president and he is responsible for cutting our budgets and not preparing us for this, and not only not reacting fast enough, but making things much worse with his attempts to coverup and deny what was happening publicly and through policy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Which actual policy (as opposed to Trump) are we doing even OK on?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Trump (and his administration) are doing an objectively terrible, ineffective, self-serving, short-sighted, and dishonest job of addressing this.

You probably already said it, but what actions do you want them to take that they aren’t taking?

Not being a smart ass, your last point about the reasons for quarantine were enlightening.