Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

North Korea reports no new ‘fever’ cases for first time since May

North Korea has reported no new “fever” cases for the first time since mid-May when it abruptly announced its first domestic outbreak of COVID-19, and imposed tough measures to curb the spread of the virus.

The North’s state emergency anti-epidemic centre said it had found zero fever patients in the most recent 24-hour period, state media reported on Saturday.

It said the total caseload was about 4.8 million and that about 99.99 percent of patients had fully recovered. Some 74 people have died from the virus, according to official figures, which would make the North’s mortality rate – at 0.0016 percent – the lowest in the world.

Click on the link for the full article

My brother in law, who was in good health pre covid and has had covid 2x in the past year, spent the weekend in the hospital with the all encompassing heart failure diagnosis. Apparently either covid or the vaccinations (yes, his doc actually told him that 🤦‍♂️) did permanent damage to his heart. His doctors think he can get by with meds and a change of diet, but please I beg people to not give up on masking. 

I know it sucks. So does dieing or living with permanent health problems. 

• Sad 6

I got Covid in late June. My wife was fairly rough, sore throat and tired.

My main problem was one day I had a massive headache all day. Nothing helped. The next morning I had chills for about 4 hours. After that I was fine

but since then, I cough every time I eat. It’s been quite annoying. Don’t cough any other time. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's not the first I've seen of heart complications possibly due to the vaccine.  Not just from anti-vaxxers either.

Reading up on it it's very rare but can happen. He's only 5 years older than me so him going through it is definitely a wake up call. I'm 47 and realize I need to get **** together.

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Reading up on it it's very rare but can happen. He's only 5 years older than me so him going through it is definitely a wake up call. I'm 47 and realize I need to get **** together.

No doubt, good luck.

I get my **** together and subsequently lose all my **** 3-9 months later.  🤣

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I got Covid in late June. My wife was fairly rough, sore throat and tired.

My main problem was one day I had a massive headache all day. Nothing helped. The next morning I had chills for about 4 hours. After that I was fine

but since then, I cough every time I eat. It’s been quite annoying. Don’t cough any other time. 

Seems to be the same with us.  I'm not feeling as bad as she seemed except I have a terrible headache.  

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's not the first I've seen of heart complications possibly due to the vaccine.  Not just from anti-vaxxers either.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not a doctor, but it seems any immune response, infection/vaccine/allergy/etc, can lead to inflammation around the heart(myocarditis) in certain folks under certain conditions.  Obviously, it is vastly more common as a result of COVID infection than COVID vaccination…while still being fairly rare in any event.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I don't know if this is some weird covid side effect or maybe just some inflammation from being sick but the nerve pain in my neck and arm (from my accident a few years back) is back at a crazy level that I haven't had since my last surgery.  It is not fun and holy **** I forgot how much this hurts.

• Sad 2

So it looks like we have decided to pretend the pandemic is over, whether or not it actually is.

CDC expected to ease Covid-19 recommendations, including for schools, as soon as this week

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to update its guidance for Covid-19 control in the community, including in schools, in the coming days, according to sources familiar with the plan.

A preview of the plans obtained by CNN shows that the updated recommendations are expected to ease quarantine recommendations for people exposed to the virus and de-emphasize 6 feet of social distancing.

The agency is also expected to de-emphasize regular screening testing for Covid-19 in schools as a way to monitor the spread of the virus, according to sources who were briefed on the agency's plans but were not authorized to speak to a reporter.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

As far as I can tell, in Canada (at least in Ontario where I live), the pandemic is over. 

The last of the mandates where lifted months ago. Anything leftover is voluntary and minimal.

Theres an odd media article here and there about this current wave (that just peaked last week)… with an influx of infections but not a blip on the radar about hospitalizations, ICU admittals, deaths. It’s being treated by the public as a common cold… and even public health officials are admitting the over-estimated the impact of the current wave.

Its strange to read about other countries still dealing with it.

PREFACE:  IM NOT DYING.  (Learned to start conversations that way with my family.)

I've been forced to go to the ER by PCM, Urgent Care, and Buzzette.  I believe mainly because I don't have a blood oxygen meter to show I'm not THAT bad off.  Pretty sure I've picked up pneumonia or bronchitis or something else.  And my medical history makes me somewhat high risk.

So here I sit, broken hearted.......

18 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

PREFACE:  IM NOT DYING.  (Learned to start conversations that way with my family.)

I've been forced to go to the ER by PCM, Urgent Care, and Buzzette.  I believe mainly because I don't have a blood oxygen meter to show I'm not THAT bad off.  Pretty sure I've picked up pneumonia or bronchitis or something else.  And my medical history makes me somewhat high risk.

So here I sit, broken hearted.......

Did you end up getting vaxed and boosted? I’m imagining you did but i thought I’d you got all that and weren’t over 60 COVID is a minor inconvenience. Your last several posts sounds like your dealing with a major pita…

Vitals were all good.  SPO2 was 98 and that was my only concern personally.  Gonna get a chest xray just in case.  

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Did you end up getting vaxed and boosted? I’m imagining you did but i thought I’d you got all that and weren’t over 60 COVID is a minor inconvenience. Your last several posts sounds like your dealing with a major pita…

Yup.  I haven't had the second booster yet.  I was planning on doing it closer to the fall when I imagine cases will go up.  But yea, I'm got my ass kicked.  I'm smart enough to know I don't NEED the ER but my medical always scares but intrigues people.  And I guess I'm just part of that small percentage that covid still hits hard even when vaxxed.  Who knows, maybe I'd be dead if I hadn't gotten vaxxed.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Got a steroid, prednisone, and some other crap.  Was told I need to try edibles instead of smoking my pot.  But I am a traditionalist.

Literally smoking a joint, or vaping?

Not that vaping is great for your lungs either, but I definitely wouldn't want to be putting joint smoke in there right now. 

I would definitely recommend at least trying edibles. 

Edit: Also, of course I hope you recover as quickly as possible!

Edited by dfitzo53

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Probably would be helpful to give the lungs a rest for a few days.

never.jpg

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Literally smoking a joint, or vaping?

Not that vaping is great for your lungs either, but I definitely wouldn't want to be putting joint smoke in there right now. 

I would definitely recommend at least trying edibles. 

Edit: Also, of course I hope you recover as quickly as possible!

I have a little bubbler for my daily use.  Also a little bowl for covert operations and a beaker bong for shock and awe.  But the bubbler does like 90% of day to day operations.

Vaping I don't trust and edibles don't do it for me.  Like I said, tradionalist.

20220809_175358.jpg

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
Add pic
  • Thumb up 1

I'm not trying to steal Buzz's thunder, but I tested positive today. ("Super positive" was how the doctor phrased it, not sure I share her enthusiasm, but OK ma'am). Mild symptoms, thought it was just a cold, but at least I get a few days off work, so if things stay mild (or better) I'll just try to enjoy that silver lining.